Gel Centerpiece/Non floral

I was searching for pictures of the gel centerpieces Disbrides normally use for the dessert parties. Could anyone be a big help and post them??

Also did anyone use (or is planning on) non-floral or floral-lite centerpieces. I'm not a big floral person and just got the thumbs down on my idea of snow globe centerpieces since I'm planning on having a LSS reception. Thanks!!!

:flower3:

Here are some pix I have:

MJ0839.jpg

RS511.png

ElleBren's centerpieces:

LM1173.png

I don't have any final pictures to show, but we're doing mercury glass votives with a tall center vase filled with peacock feathers and palm leaves on the guests tables. Our table will have an assortment of mercury glass pieces with orchids around them. Like you, I'm not much of a flower person (unless I want to be sneezing all night), but the gel or other lit items sound like a great idea for LSS.

I can't post at the moment at work but I believe I have my dessert centerpieces that were the gell with the mickey confetti photos in my TR.

Since our reception is in the Living Seas, I knew I wanted to keep that feel as well - no flowers.
So i showed our floral coordinator these pics as ideas:
centerpiece.jpg

weddingreception1.jpg

centerpiece2.jpg

Elizabeth said that was very easy to do, and she came up with the idea of varying the centerpieces a little bit between tables - some round, some square, some with the tall pillar candle, some with floating candles. All with sand and shells at the bottom.

omg wouldnt it be great if you could actually have small goldfish bowls on your tables with little fish in them!!!!!

We went non-floral as well. Actually they were a combination of centerpieces and favors. They were a huge hit!

20080906_1297.jpg

We got them throu wanderfuls.com.

And since we over-ordered the wanderfuls, DFTW used the extras to decorate the cake table:
20080928_0646.jpg

omg wouldnt it be great if you could actually have small goldfish bowls on your tables with little fish in them!!!!!

The problem with live fish though is after the wedding they generally just get thrown out, and in the case of a destination wedding especially, it's not like people could even take them home if they wanted. I always thought it looked so cute until I read that somewhere.

The problem with live fish though is after the wedding they generally just get thrown out, and in the case of a destination wedding especially, it's not like people could even take them home if they wanted. I always thought it looked so cute until I read that somewhere.

And imagine if some just went belly up during the ceremony... no one wants to look at a dead fish while eating! :rotfl:

Using animals simply for decorating purposes is kind cruel don't you think?

Uh-oh....I see a fight coming on....

Stacey: I agree how it would look cool, but I could never put the fish in there unless I could take them home, and that's impossible...plus we already like 8+ fishtanks between my house, DF's house, and our classrooms. (PS DF works at an aquarium during the summer and loves those fish!)

And I do think the wanderfuls are too cute and a great idea, but I think they fall under the whole: "no outside floral etc...rule" that the snowglobes fell under (even if they were Disney licensed) so I'm betting they are out now :(

Thanks for the gels, and keep em coming! :) Jennifer, I've seen those centerpiece ideas from your PJ. Problem is, we live at the Jersey shore, but I'm not a big fan of the beach (READ: I hate it) so I really don't want beachy centerpieces, but they are great nonflorals. I'm just so difficult :P

Thanks for the gels, and keep em coming! :) Jennifer, I've seen those centerpiece ideas from your PJ. Problem is, we live at the Jersey shore, but I'm not a big fan of the beach (READ: I hate it) so I really don't want beachy centerpieces, but they are great nonflorals. I'm just so difficult :P

I completely understand :) i cant get to my photobucket to check (my company blocks it) but I think i have other centerpieces that were on display at Francks (not floral) in my photobucket album. Try this link - i pulled it up on my blackberry...

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney Planning Session/?start=80

There is someone else on here too, cant remember who now of course, who had the coolest candy centerpieces - real bright colors.

Are the gel/candles for rent or purchase? At other weddings you are able to take the centerpieces home...is this the case?

Are the gel/candles for rent or purchase? At other weddings you are able to take the centerpieces home...is this the case?

I would imagine just for rent, unless you bring your own vases to put the gel in. Otherwise, Disney can reuse them for other events.

Uh-oh....I see a fight coming on....

Stacey: I agree how it would look cool, but I could never put the fish in there unless I could take them home, and that's impossible...plus we already like 8+ fishtanks between my house, DF's house, and our classrooms. (PS DF works at an aquarium during the summer and loves those fish!)

And I do think the wanderfuls are too cute and a great idea, but I think they fall under the whole: "no outside floral etc...rule" that the snowglobes fell under (even if they were Disney licensed) so I'm betting they are out now :(

Sorry guys and I am sorry Stacy- I came off very short. I have been to and seen weddings where people just use fish and such for decoration with no regard for what happens to the animals afterwards (they are just thrown away by the catering staff) and I think it is incredibly cruel and I was just trying to make a point not start a fight. I just feel very stongly about animals and animal rights etc and my own dog at home is very hurt right now so I am very overly sensitive so I apologize:goodvibes

Sorry guys and I am sorry Stacy- I came off very short. I have been to and seen weddings where people just use fish and such for decoration with no regard for what happens to the animals afterwards (they are just thrown away by the catering staff) and I think it is incredibly cruel and I was just trying to make a point not start a fight. I just feel very stongly about animals and animal rights etc and my own dog at home is very hurt right now so I am very overly sensitive so I apologize:goodvibes

Aw I'm so sorry about your puppy! Df and I are huge animal people, including fish, so I totally understand. I hope your puppy gets better soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter