Gel Manicure - how long does it last for you?

Stupid question..are gel manincures just a special nail polish but not fake nails? My DD gave me some manicure and used nail polish that goes under the UV light.. believe its gel. I am new to this and learned that it's impossible to get the color off!!! if this is what you guys have how the heck do you change nail polish colors?? I even bought old school acetone didnt work
Here is how to remove gel polish:

https://slbeautyco.com/blogs/gel-nail-polish/how-to-remove-gel-polish

I get about 2 solid weeks of it looking good. The third week is usually a bit more hit or miss (some will look great and some are peeling/chipped). I go every 3 weeks to get my nails done. If a nail does not last a week, I stop into the salon and Lily will fix it for me.

I got gel for the first time before my last vacation. I had a tiny, mostly unnoticeable chip on one nail a little past two weeks, but I took the polish off a little after three weeks because my nails grow fast and I didn't like the way they looked anymore, so I removed the polish but it took a couple of days of working at it on and off with 100% acetone, wrapping, etc. Needless to say, unless I'm going somewhere special for at least a week, I probably won't get gel again (I'm not sure even then I'd get gel again -- it was such a pain to remove).

Mine usually last 3-4 weeks. I like my nails to be very short, so I usually have to cut them at least once during that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter