Gender reveal ideas at DL?

LifeIsTinkIsLife

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are taking our 2yo daughter on her birthday to Disneyland! Right before we leave, we have an anatomy ultrasound and will be finding out what our twins will be. We were thinking it might be a cool idea to have the dr write it down in an envelope and wait until we get there and be able find out at DL in some way! Does anyone have any ideas for what we could do? We didn't do any gender reveal thing for our first but thought it might be cool to do something this time. :)

You could get an "I'm Celebrating" button and have a cast member secretly write the sex on the button. Another idea would be to pay for a baby mickey ears hat, but ask them to bag up the correct color for the baby. Do the reveal somewhere awesome with a Disney photographer. :)

I love the idea of using a photo pass photographer to capture your expressions during the reveal! I would ask the ultrasound tech to write it down and then wait to open the envelope somewhere iconic like in front of the castle. What a beautiful memory! Good luck!

Go to Fantasy Faire and have your favorite princess open the envelope.
Or Mickey in his house in Toontown.
Or Anna and Elsa in the Animation Academy.
Or Doc McStuffins, often on the street near Disney Jr.

Last edited:
I would have a CM open the envelope and see what the Dr wrote and pay them to go get 2 balloons, tie the strings to the handle of a large shopping bag and put the balloons in the bag. Take the bag to the castle or other photopass spot that you want and open the bag as the photographer snaps away. I bet the CMs would love it!

Congratulations on your twins!

I would have a CM open the envelope and see what the Dr wrote and pay them to go get 2 balloons, tie the strings to the handle of a large shopping bag and put the balloons in the bag. Take the bag to the castle or other photopass spot that you want and open the bag as the photographer snaps away. I bet the CMs would love it!

Congratulations on your twins!
This is very cute. I wonder if you could find a photopass photographer close to the CM who sells balloons and open the doctors note facing toward the balloon seller and wait as they select blue or pink balloons for you.

I would definitely do your gender reveal in front of a photopass photographer! What a great memory to capture. I like the idea of the baby mickey ears. Super cute. Or maybe you could give the info to one of the balloon sellers...they could hand your daughter pink/ blue balloons while the photographer takes the pics.

I love the balloon idea. I've seen people announce the sex via Mickey balloons on Instagram/Pinterest and the pictures are super cute.

You could also find if there are little blue or pink cake pops anywhere on property? Or go to the Christmas gift shop (or any shop) and pick out different ornaments, different hats, etc. Those Mickey/Minnie car antenna toppers would be cute and easy to do because of the size.

Honestly I think you should be focusing on your 2 year old who is celebrating her birthday at Disneyland, there are plenty of other times to do a "gender" reveal, but this should be about your child who is going to have a big change in her life why not make it about her instead of the gender of a child.
That might be a more helpful comment if the OP had asked our thoughts about whether she should do this or not. I think we have to assume she knows her daughter best and knows what she needs

I love the idea of having the shop person pick baby Mickey hats and put them in an opaque bag (or can they gift wrap?) and open in front of a photo pass photographer. What fun! You have to share pics!

Honestly I think you should be focusing on your 2 year old who is celebrating her birthday at Disneyland, there are plenty of other times to do a "gender" reveal, but this should be about your child who is going to have a big change in her life why not make it about her instead of the gender of a c

Respectfully, they are taking their child
to Disneyland for her birthday so I imagine a fair amount of time will be spent celebrating her and focusing on her. I think it’s sweet that they are going to all find out the sex of the babies together as a family while at DL making special memories. Also, my son barely understood what it meant to be celebrating a birthday when he was 2. Now when he was 3, he totally “got it” (and yes, we were at DL to celebrate!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter