General Must-Do Question for Disney Adults

DidneyWorlLover77

Earning My Ears
What is an absolute must-do for you as a Disney adult? I'm interested in taking my first ever solo Disney trip soon and was wondering what are some things you absolutely feel you need to do on your trip?

There are lots of past posts similar to this, so you might want to take a look thru those.
I happen to like "free" stuff, as it makes me feel like I'm somehow getting more than I paid for.... So I must ride the monorail and any boat transportation available. I love exploring resorts I haven't seen yet (or old favorites, especially at Holiday time). Always loved resting and listening to live music (but Disney killed off quite a few of these...she said angrily)

Enjoy your trip!

There are lots of past posts similar to this, so you might want to take a look thru those.
I happen to like "free" stuff, as it makes me feel like I'm somehow getting more than I paid for.... So I must ride the monorail and any boat transportation available. I love exploring resorts I haven't seen yet (or old favorites, especially at Holiday time). Always loved resting and listening to live music (but Disney killed off quite a few of these...she said angrily)

Enjoy your trip!

I will have to agree! A lot of times people forget about the free things that can be done on property. For me its the SKYLINER!! I love to ride the whole route. You get to visit all the different resorts and the ride its self is very relaxing with amazing views.

The first solo trip I took I asked myself "What are the things I always wanted to do when I was with others, but got vetoed?" Then I did each and every one. lol. On my first solo trip, I booked lunch at Wine Bar George and meandered around Disney Springs afterwards on my first day, drank around the world showcase in Epcot (and really took my time exploring the pavilions) the second day, and the last day I explored the monorail line resorts, again taking my time. I think for me, that was the best part of it. Taking MY TIME to do what I wanted, instead of rushing around trying to complete an itinerary that has to meet everyone else's checkboxes. In that vein, I also DIDN'T do anything I was "meh" about, you know those things that I would have been talked into by family members, SO's or friends. Like Parades...(now cavalcades) I know I am in the minority but if I never have to wait on a parade again, my life would be just dandy!

What is an absolute must-do for you as a Disney adult? I'm interested in taking my first ever solo Disney trip soon
A must-do for me a visit to the Tri-Circle-D ranch over at Fort Wilderness.
A must-do is half a day to just ride the various transportation systems from resort to resort. I particularly like to take the various boats on Seven Seas and Bay Lake. I'll take a bus from a park to Port Orleans Riverside and take the boat to Disney Springs.
When I'm in Magic Kingdom a must-do is the Flag Retreat Ceremony.

Is there anything you haven't been able to do on your previous trips?

The first solo trip I took I asked myself "What are the things I always wanted to do when I was with others, but got vetoed?" Then I did each and every one. lol. On my first solo trip, I booked lunch at Wine Bar George and meandered around Disney Springs afterwards on my first day, drank around the world showcase in Epcot (and really took my time exploring the pavilions) the second day, and the last day I explored the monorail line resorts, again taking my time. I think for me, that was the best part of it. Taking MY TIME to do what I wanted, instead of rushing around trying to complete an itinerary that has to meet everyone else's checkboxes. In that vein, I also DIDN'T do anything I was "meh" about, you know those things that I would have been talked into by family members, SO's or friends. Like Parades...(now cavalcades) I know I am in the minority but if I never have to wait on a parade again, my life would be just dandy!

Drinking around the World Showcase seems like it would be easier to do on a solo trip. I know we have a party member who is still too young to drink on our family trips, so she's not interested in spending much time in the World Showcase. Thank you for the ideas! Definitely will keep these in mind!!

Park Hopping. Impossible with the wife, an incredible bonus while traveling solo.

I walked back and forth between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios... twice in one day... on my solo trip. It was awesome. Stopped by the Boardwalk Bakery for a cupcake on the way, and then grabbed a strawberry tart in France. Just because I could. :earsboy: :rotfl2:

What is an absolute must-do for you as a Disney adult? I'm interested in taking my first ever solo Disney trip soon and was wondering what are some things you absolutely feel you need to do on your trip?

riding the same ride multiple times in a row
dont follow traditional meal times or even traditional meals, have icecream for breakfast, order multiple aps at a table service restaurant and no entree
buy a balloon on your first day and keep it in your room
dont just exclude rides and attractions as its a kids thing, be like a cat, if I fits, I sits

I do a solo trip to WDW every January or February, when crowds are low. One thing I always try to do is spend an afternoon at Grand Floridian --- I buy an elegant adult beverage and sit in the comfy overstuffed chairs in the lobby. I enjoy listening to the piano player or the orchestra (which was cancelled during Covid). Just enjoying the elegant atmosphere while relaxing and sipping my drink is so much fun!

Ride my favorite rides—BTMR and Slinky! Also shop my heart out at Disney Springs…Lego store, Candy Cauldron, TrenD, WoD, etc. Best part of being an adult with no kids is I can buy just for me :)

The best advice here (or at least the advice I agree with most) is to take this opportunity to do the things you haven't been able to do on shared trips. Ride your favorite ride enough times that anyone else would be sick of it, pick a restaurant you've always wanted to try, take your afternoon break in a lounge instead of going back to your resort. I don't have any single must-do for every trip, but when I go solo I make a point of picking out something I haven't done before (at this point that's mostly restaurants and lounges) and making time for it.

I will have to agree! A lot of times people forget about the free things that can be done on property. For me its the SKYLINER!! I love to ride the whole route. You get to visit all the different resorts and the ride its self is very relaxing with amazing views.

I agree! Did this a couple weeks ago on my solo trip. Stopped at Riviera for lunch too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter