General Star Wars Discussion

Well, I didn't know anything about this new series except that it was set 100 years before TPM. I'm still taking it all in, and very hopeful for it.

I have to admit this fell off my radar. I was expecting Skeleton Crew first, so this was a bit of a (nice) surprise
yeah, me too. Very nice! I just watched some trailer breakdowns, and reactions, and I'm more excited now. I don't read many of the novels, or any comics, but I appreciate them. I may try to read some of the HIgh Republic books, or find someone giving synopses. I did that with a lot of the comics, found someone online summarizing.
and love your new avatar. Beaker is one of my favorites!

Skywalker Saga Marathon Coming to Theaters on May the 4th

This will be a Star Wars Day long remembered.

Lucasfilm announced today that in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, fans will have the chance to experience the entire Skywalker Saga in theaters this May the 4th, also known as Star Wars Day. This includes all nine episodic films in chronological order: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

In addition, an exclusive look at The Acolyte, the upcoming Disney+ series set during the High Republic era, will be part of The Phantom Menace screenings. Finally, those attending will receive a special limited edition poster. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Friday, March 22, at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET.

We would be honored if you would join us for this rare opportunity to see Star Wars as it was intended: on the big screen!

Lucasfilm announced today that in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, fans will have the chance to experience the entire Skywalker Saga in theaters this May the 4th, also known as Star Wars Day. This includes all nine episodic films in chronological order: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

In addition, an exclusive look at The Acolyte, the upcoming Disney+ series set during the High Republic era, will be part of The Phantom Menace screenings. Finally, those attending will receive a special limited edition poster. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Friday, March 22, at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET.

We would be honored if you would join us for this rare opportunity to see Star Wars as it was intended: on the big screen!

I could think of worse ways to spend a Saturday.

I could think of worse ways to spend a Saturday.
I’d need to plan out a nap schedule for it.

The Force Awakens would be a candidate for me after 12+ hours of movie. I’ll have already watched the original Star Wars, no need to totally stay focused through its clone.

Lucasfilm announced today that in celebration of the 25th anniversary of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, fans will have the chance to experience the entire Skywalker Saga in theaters this May the 4th, also known as Star Wars Day. This includes all nine episodic films in chronological order:

I just knew that Alamo Drafthouse would be all over this. After all, they once did a Hobbit/LOTR marathon, complete with Hobbit-appropriate meals throughout. Here are their preliminary plans for the Star Wars marathon, which will begin on May 3rd so they can finish at a reasonable hour on the 4th:

https://drafthouse.com/news/may-the-fourth-marathon

I especially like these notes:
• Unlimited coffee and water will be available to all.
• The 501st Legion will be making an appearance on 5/3.

"Our lobby at Alamo Drafthouse New Mission will be making the jump to a galaxy far, far away with a complete makeover, official STAR WARS props on display, and Instagrammable photo ops. We know only Siths deal in absolutes, but this is 100% the coolest thing to ever happen in this or any other galaxy."

Note that they're running a sweepstakes to win a trip to San Francisco for the marathon, which will be held at their SF location.

Looks like a united colors of Benetton add from the 1990s. Over double the amount of dislikes to likes on this trailer on YouTube. There is no hope for Star Wars.

Yeah, I'll break down and take my kids to go see it. I have mixed feelings about TPM. At least it's not AOTC.

Yeah, I'll break down and take my kids to go see it. I have mixed feelings about TPM. At least it's not AOTC.

I have mixed feelings about The Phantom Menace too - I can't decide if it's the best Star Wars movie of all time or if it's the best movie of all time! It's proibably both. 😁

I have mixed feelings about The Phantom Menace too - I can't decide if it's the best Star Wars movie of all time or if it's the best movie of all time! It's proibably both. 😁
3b41f65f5c06bca1961b4a6a0a44cea7f267c64e.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter