Genie + and Lightening Lanes Question

GoofyforDisney3

DIS Veteran
Every time I think I understand the Genie+ system I read something else and get confused. I was just looking up what rides are included and noticed they list a ride or two under Individual Purchase for Lightening Lane that are not also listed under the Genie+ Lightening Lane rides. Does that mean I can’t choose one of those individual for a reservation if I pre purchase Genie+? Do I also have to buy the individual lane option to get say Radiator Springs Racers?

Yes. The individual Lightning Lane rides are not included with Genie +.
So how does that work? Like is it something I can purchase and is it worth it? Is it something to not worry about? This is my first DL trip, plus my first experience with Genie+ so I’m confused.

So how does that work? Like is it something I can purchase and is it worth it? Is it something to not worry about? This is my first DL trip, plus my first experience with Genie+ so I’m confused.
Worth is relative, but within my budget, I love it when Disneyland sells me time. I view these up charges, however sinister, as very big value for your dollar.

If it’s within your budget, ILL for Racers and Rise pay off.

Mickey & Minnie’s seems to be possible to do without LL for less than 30 minutes in line. And, the MMRR is said to have a queue worth seeing.

Worth is relative, but within my budget, I love it when Disneyland sells me time. I view these up charges, however sinister, as very big value for your dollar.

If it’s within your budget, ILL for Racers and Rise pay off.

Mickey & Minnie’s seems to be possible to do without LL for less than 30 minutes in line. And, the MMRR is said to have a queue worth seeing.
That’s true, value is always dependent on you and your budget. Are these someth8ng that can be purchased in advance?

Nope, you buy them after scanning into the park. You can watch the App for preferred return times.
Thank you! If we don’t manage to get on without on the first two days I’ll consider purchasing them. I’ve splurged a lot on this trip already with a tour and some other things I really would like to avoid that expense if at all possible. I’m just glad I realized it now and not when I get there.

My opinion: If you’ve never ridden Rise of the Resistance or Mickey & Minnie’s Railway I’d pay for the ILL. For Radiator Springs Racers I’d do the single rider line. I always buy Genie + and use it constantly, booking a ride as soon as I tap in for one.

My opinion: If you’ve never ridden Rise of the Resistance or Mickey & Minnie’s Railway I’d pay for the ILL. For Radiator Springs Racers I’d do the single rider line. I always buy Genie + and use it constantly, booking a ride as soon as I tap in for one.
I haven’t been to WDW since either ride opened and this is my first DLR trip so all of these are on my list of “I really, really want to ride”.

I always buy Genie + and use it constantly, booking a ride as soon as I tap in for one.
Same, even as a semi-local and late arrival person. My last visit we didn’t get there until 4:30 and G+ was still incredibly advantageous because of the modify feature. We were able to do: Space, Smugglers Run, Incredicoaster, Guardians and Webslingers with G+ (plus RSR single rider and MMRR) in only a few short hours. Could have gotten more if we had stayed later. If I can get 3 rides with G+ it is “worth it” to me.

I haven’t been to WDW since either ride opened and this is my first DLR trip so all of these are on my list of “I really, really want to ride”.
In that case plan to buy the paid Individual Lightning Lane for ROTR and consider it for MMRR, depending on your number of days in the park and the wait time for MMRR.

In that case plan to buy the paid Individual Lightning Lane for ROTR and consider it for MMRR, depending on your number of days in the park and the wait time for MMRR.
We will have three days, with park hoppers, but the first day we aren’t able to be at the park at opening and we also have a tour that day so I’ll probably need to splurge. Thanks for all of your help!

We will have three days, with park hoppers, but the first day we aren’t able to be at the park at opening and we also have a tour that day so I’ll probably need to splurge. Thanks for all of your help!
We are never there at opening and still accomplish all we want to with G+ (even a late late late arrival just before dinner.) By tour do you mean a VIP tour? If so you will be able to check all your proverbial boxes with that, and that certainly is a splurge!

We are never there at opening and still accomplish all we want to with G+ (even a late late late arrival just before dinner.) By tour do you mean a VIP tour? If so you will be able to check all your proverbial boxes with that, and that certainly is a splurge!
Unfortunately not a VIP tour, although that was tempting. LOL I booked one of the specialty tours that’s for the 100th celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter