Genie+ and LL stupid question

Thank you! I had FP down to a science, but this thing confuses the heck out of me.
That's why it's not a stupid question, it's a stupid system created by Disney. Anything that isn't obvious to an average guest is an absolute design failure. It's easy to make things complicated, and much harder to create simplicity. Disney got lazy when coming up with the fastpass replacement. Good luck!

Just got back from day trip today. G+ really has changed the dynamics of standby lines and timing really hard gauge.

eg:
Indy - standby literally was at the ramp with LL backup up to around the bend by the tiny house.
Matterhorn - LL backed to popcorn stand with standby three lines long and single rider nearly empty.
Webslingers - LL backed to the exit and standby looking quite normal length and single rider nearly empty.
Radiator -- ILL backed to Flo's! never seen that. did not even attempt to walk to entry to check out single or standby.

Not once did we see a red tag time line either so truly wondering how CM are able to know standby waits are and how to CM can throttle the line mix accurately.

I’m a WDW person but have a friend going out to DLR the week before Easter (Sun 4/2). I imagine it will be a really busy day. They have two boys (13 and 15) so they seem to think DCA will be their park of choice (no hopping). Is G+ worth it?

A previous poster mentioned that Genie+ will let you "skip the lines". This was a good explanation otherwise but one must still go through the Lightning Lane. Sometimes those waits can still be quite long.

Not a stupid question! It's definitely confusing.

Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane are two different programs that cover different rides. At a base level:

- Genie+ is $20 (or more) per day. It's a flat charge and allows you to book "skip the line" access to a slew of rides, one at a time, while the reservations last.
- Individual Lightning Lanes ("ILL") are only for 1 to 2 rides per park. These are the most in-demand and "fanciest" of the rides. These rides are NOT included in Genie+. If you want "skip the line" access, you'll need to pay for them individually, and price varies based on how in demand that ride is that day. Even if you park hop, you only get to do a max of two ILLs per day overall. While reservations last.

For BOTH Genie+ and ILLs...
- For both Genie+ and ILL, you only get the "skip the line" access once per day. No repeats on the same day. (You can, however, use the regular ole standby queue if you want to ride more than once.)
- Also for both Genie+ and ILL, the "skip the line" access gets taken up in chronological order, beginning with park opening. You can buy both of your ILLs simultaneously, but Genie+ can only be booked one at a time.

For Genie+ specifically...
- Once you check in for a ride reservation, you then can then book your next reservation. You can only hold one Genie+ reservation (remember, this is separate from ILLs) one at a time, except for two exceptions:
- Exception 1: There's an extra little rule where if your next Genie+ reservation is 120+ minutes away, it'll allow you to layer on a second Genie+ reservation at the 120 minute mark. This stacking is the only time you can have more than one Genie+ reservation queued in your app at the same time.​
- Exception 2: If your ride goes out of order during your reservation time, you'll see an extra bonus Genie+ be in your app. You can use it on any of the rides listed on it at any time that day -- no need to schedule anything. Just walk up and show the attendant.​
- Because the reservations are in chronological order and you can only reserve one at a time, some rides' reservations may "sell out" before you can book one. If you play your cards right, though, you can still do a lot of them.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for this. I haven't been is many years & didn't know what any of this stuff was. When I was last there, it was FastPass.

To be honest, I barely ever needed a FastPass, so I don't know whether I'd fine value in buying these, esp. since you're paying so much &, it seems, getting so little.

That's why it's not a stupid question, it's a stupid system created by Disney. Anything that isn't obvious to an average guest is an absolute design failure. It's easy to make things complicated, and much harder to create simplicity. Disney got lazy when coming up with the fastpass replacement. Good luck!
Well said! I work in guest services in theatres & museums & one of my pet peeves is when the venue thinks ANYTHING is self-explanatory. If you think your guests must surely know something, you are headed for disaster & a lot of unhappy guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter