Genie+ And Ticket price increase 10/11/2022

BGinCali

Mouseketeer
Last edited:
Your title makes it sound like they are raising the price in November instead of now.

What? That's insane. We were at the parks for 3 days last week. Bought G+ for 2 days. It cost our family $100 more per day. The constant ride closures and breakdowns were extremely frustrating and disappointing. And even when the rides were operating, half the elements didn't even function properly. FYI: G+ doesn't work unless rides actually operate. So Disney creates the problem (ride closures + huge crowds + no entertainment = loooooong lines) and then offers us a "solution" at a higher price tag. However, their solution fails because they can't even keep the rides OPEN! Which makes people even MORE desperate to fulfill their expectations of a magical Disney vacation after spending thousands of dollars to attend the parks, so they fork out even more $$$ for the illusion that is G+ because they have no other choice. It's criminal. Absolutely criminal.

Yikes on bikes, that is a breathtakingly cynical cash-grabbing move - yet another step in a relentless march toward offering less value for more money. As others have said, if all the rides and entertainment worked, I’d probably just grit my teeth and fork it over, but with things the way they are … frankly it just feels like being straight-up used.

Wow, yeah I don't like that "starting at $25 and prices vary by date"
I just messed with a bunch of ticket dates and they only offered me the $25 price regardless of day / single ticket price. I assume this means we'll have to wait and see what people are being charged if they don't add in advance to find the ceiling on this.

What? That's insane. We were at the parks for 3 days last week. Bought G+ for 2 days. It cost our family $100 more per day. The constant ride closures and breakdowns were extremely frustrating and disappointing. And even when the rides were operating, half the elements didn't even function properly. FYI: G+ doesn't work unless rides actually operate. So Disney creates the problem (ride closures + huge crowds + no entertainment = loooooong lines) and then offers us a "solution" at a higher price tag. However, their solution fails because they can't even keep the rides OPEN! Which makes people even MORE desperate to fulfill their expectations of a magical Disney vacation after spending thousands of dollars to attend the parks, so they fork out even more $$$ for the illusion that is G+ because they have no other choice. It's criminal. Absolutely criminal.
This. We went in July. The ENTIRE Genie+ system was down on the app. You could not reserve anything. This was from around 4pm until we left the park. We couldn't use the product we paid for, and when we complained (on the app, guest service lines were insanely long) we were told yea there was a glitch, sorry.

Is there no way to add Genie+ to tickets that you already bought until the day of your reservations (after you are in the park)?

I bought genie+ along with my ticket. Will I need to add more money (how???) or is it a done deal and I’m good? I bought thru the DL app for my November trip

Is that $25 pp including kids ? Or is their a lower price for little ones? Can't seem to find this out , we have tickets without G+ added at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter