Genie+ And Ticket price increase 10/11/2022

Are all these increases effective immediately? Any way to book through someone to lock in the old price?

I've been going to Disneyland for a long time so I'm used to price increases. But this is just ridiculous. Genie+ is helpful, but only if the rides work, and $20 a day already feels like too much. I liked being able to add it on a day-by-day basis when we were there in June, and I worry what the new cost will be if you purchase it in the park since it says "Starting at $25." It's also weird to increases the price when Genie+ wasn't even released quite a year ago. I feel bad for people in the park right now who budgeted based on prices before the increase. It would have been better to announce it a few weeks ago instead of springing it on people who are currently at Disneyland.

I miss Fastpass and Maxpass. They were more of a helpful perk, not "If you want any chance of getting on rides you NEED this."

Disney is blatantly robbing us blind. I mean, I'm all for capitalism, but this is straight up highway robbery. Even if I had a gazillion dollars at my disposal, Disney is outright taking advantage of me. <deleted>.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the plus side, Web Slingers is added as a Genie+ attraction instead of ILL. On the minus side, everything else is more expensive. But this will honestly affect sales by almost 0, but it's going to get Disney literally 25-30% more revenue from Genie. That's an insane cashflow bump for a 5$ per person cost change, plus increases on ILLs.

On the plus side, Web Slingers is added as a Genie+ attraction instead of ILL. On the minus side, everything else is more expensive. But this will honestly affect sales by almost 0, but it's going to get Disney literally 25-30% more revenue from Genie. That's an insane cashflow bump for a 5$ per person cost change, plus increases on ILLs.
This is a positive change. They will just make up the revenue with the ILL they attach to Runaway Railway when it opens. :cool:

I just messed with a bunch of ticket dates and they only offered me the $25 price regardless of day / single ticket price. I assume this means we'll have to wait and see what people are being charged if they don't add in advance to find the ceiling on this.

Yes it said it will always be 25 if you pre-purchase. Day of is what will vary

Just noticed that ILL for Rise is now $25😡
one. hundred. dollars. for my family to ride, or two hours of our time, for a(n admittedly spectacular) ride that breaks down constantly (so the two-hour investment could tank at any time, without warning or recompense)

I’m uhhhhhh. beginning to feel like we’re being played, here. juuust beginning to feel it, eeeever so slightly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter