Genie+ at DLR starting on 12/8

u know what? i miss those light up poles for maxpass.
i want it to make a little noise and light up.

ohh maybe we still have to scan something? lol :p

im wondering if u can buy this ahead of time?

will there be a limited amount per day of genie+ to sell?

can you only buy genie+ when u step into the park?

hmmmm

u know what? i miss those light up poles for maxpass.
i want it to make a little noise and light up.

ohh maybe we still have to scan something? lol :p

im wondering if u can buy this ahead of time?

will there be a limited amount per day of genie+ to sell?

can you only buy genie+ when u step into the park?

hmmmm
Yes, we still have to scan something. You can buy ahead of time when you buy your ticket, but otherwise you have to buy once you’ve entered the park. And I don’t think they’ll necessarily limit how many people can buy genie+ but the more people that buy it the less amount of selections will be available

What I think Disneyland is trying to do is come up with more advantages for people to visit the park and seeing how successful Disney Genie+ works at Walt Disney World Disneyland hopes for the same fate. But what I can't figure out is why Genie+ only allows you to ride a ride only once instead of unlimited times as you like? When I went to Disneyland many times my dad and I would ride a favorite ride twice sometimes and the rides at Disneyland were always free with admission? And what I see of this is you cannot tell a family that they can only ride a ride once and that's all. I think this is one of the reasons why people won't buy Genie+ when they go to Disneyland. And what about the rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Star Tours Space Mountain Haunted Mansion and Matterhorn Bobsleds will they cost money to ride now? This seems like the new version of the classic A-Ticket and E-Ticket ride system that Disneyland had a long time ago. But if you're willing to try Genie+ it might be worth it once for you

Genie+ seems like it will be worth it at Disneyland. Doesn't feel as worthwhile at California Adventure. I would still purchase it to avoid waiting in lines at Midway Mania, Incredicoaster, and Guardians. ILL for CA are $7 which is not horrible but it's still annoying that Radiator Springs Racers went from a Maxpass to a pay per ride.

Looking at the tip board, I like that you see when the next shows are. That will be nice to see when I'm trying to catch the Dapper Dans.

The ILL for Rise is $20. Wow.

Genie+ seems like it will be worth it at Disneyland. Doesn't feel as worthwhile at California Adventure. I would still purchase it to avoid waiting in lines at Midway Mania, Incredicoaster, and Guardians. ILL for CA are $7 which is not horrible but it's still annoying that Radiator Springs Racers went from a Maxpass to a pay per ride.

Looking at the tip board, I like that you see when the next shows are. That will be nice to see when I'm trying to catch the Dapper Dans.

The ILL for Rise is $20. Wow.
I will pay for DL still on the fence for DCA. ILL for ROTR is ridiculous. If you get G+ and the ILL your out $40 pp. My family of 5 would be out $200. Interested to see if ROTR actually sells out ILL

Playing around on the App. I have park reservations for DL on the 14th and DCA on the 15th. In the planning my day section, after I selected my preferences for DL, when I went to change park to set preferences for hopping to DCA, it told me I didn’t have a hopper ticket but I have a MK.
Is this a glitch? Does this work for park hopper ticket holders?

Playing around on the App. I have park reservations for DL on the 14th and DCA on the 15th. In the planning my day section, after I selected my preferences for DL, when I went to change park to set preferences for hopping to DCA, it told me I didn’t have a hopper ticket but I have a MK.
Is this a glitch? Does this work for park hopper ticket holders?

the same is happening to me- I have hoppers for 12th-14th and it is giving me the same message. So this makes me feel like it’s a glitch…

the same is happening to me- I have hoppers for 12th-14th and it is giving me the same message. So this makes me feel like it’s a glitch…
Thank you for checking! Hopefully they get it resolved. Not going to WDW until next month so I haven’t paid attention to how it’s working over there yet.

Thank you for checking! Hopefully they get it resolved. Not going to WDW until next month so I haven’t paid attention to how it’s working over there yet.

yes! we were at WDW in June, no Genie, so I haven’t been paying attention at alllll. I did do a quick search and it was definitely glitchy in the beginning, so fingers crossed DL resolves this and it doesn’t affect our LLs :)

At WDW, you can only buy 2 ILL$ per day, even if you have a park hopper. Is there a daily limit to ILL$ at DLR? I know you can't re-ride the same ride, but can you buy every single ILL$ for the same day in both parks?

At WDW, you can only buy 2 ILL$ per day, even if you have a park hopper. Is there a daily limit to ILL$ at DLR? I know you can't re-ride the same ride, but can you buy every single ILL$ for the same day in both parks?
Answering my own question: only 2 total ILL$ can be purchased per day.

$20 for rise seems excessive. Are they still doing the virtual queue system there? Or is that going to be finished now with the introduction of Genie+? I wonder what standby waits will look like.

$20 for rise seems excessive. Are they still doing the virtual queue system there? Or is that going to be finished now with the introduction of Genie+? I wonder what standby waits will look like.
There’s no more virtual queue for Rise, but they have said they could still activate it if the standby waits get too long, but that has not been a problem.

They’ve been doing standby for awhile now with Rise. In the app the current standby wait time is 75 minutes.

For the Rise LL, $20 is the highest price they said they would charge, so it’s possible it could go down on less busy days.

They ended the virtual queue November 21. Standby on the app prior to Genie+ showed anywhere from 60-180 minutes depending on time and day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter