Genie+ at DLR starting on 12/8

$20 for rise seems excessive. Are they still doing the virtual queue system there? Or is that going to be finished now with the introduction of Genie+? I wonder what standby waits will look like.

I would only pay this if it's our last day and we haven't been able to ride it yet.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. 60-180 minutes doesn't seem as wild as I would have expected. I recall waiting 180 minutes first thing in the morning (running to the ride very shortly after rope drop) for Journey to the center of the earth at Tokyo Disney Sea, so it feels doable for a once per trip ride. Though I guess I would still consider it if I didn't have a chance to get on earlier in the trip and it was my last day or something... Disney is very proficient at extracting money from me it seems.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. 60-180 minutes doesn't seem as wild as I would have expected. I recall waiting 180 minutes first thing in the morning (running to the ride very shortly after rope drop) for Journey to the center of the earth at Tokyo Disney Sea, so it feels doable for a once per trip ride. Though I guess I would still consider it if I didn't have a chance to get on earlier in the trip and it was my last day or something... Disney is very proficient at extracting money from me it seems.

We did it (paid for ILL$) at WDW last month. By the time we checked out, the originally picked time was pushed back by an hour.

I updated the app, logged in and got a message pop up saying basically saying G+ and ILL may not be available...sorry for the incovenience blah blah blah. The home page still shows G+ coming soon. Im not in the parks and just wanted to see how things were looking. Doesn't look like they are looking too good. Anyone else seeing this?

I updated the app, logged in and got a message pop up saying basically saying G+ and ILL may not be available...sorry for the incovenience blah blah blah. The home page still shows G+ coming soon. Im not in the parks and just wanted to see how things were looking. Doesn't look like they are looking too good. Anyone else seeing this?

The whole system crashed like an hour after park open. It's been a cluster, as predicted.

I was at the parks for four hours today, 9:30 to 1:30. I did not plan to purchase Genie+ but I thought I might check out the free Genie service that makes suggestions for you. I tried many times throughout the day but never could get it to work. 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes it wouldn’t launch, sometimes it told me I didn’t have a park reservation, sometimes it said it the genie “can’t escape technical difficulties.” Later just a pop-up message that none of the new services were available. Disney IT is operating as expected. 🙄

People were using both services. We saw them using the lightning lanes. It didn’t seem to affect standby times much.

We felt pretty bad for those people we saw using the pay-per-ride LL for RotR, which the app said was $20/person today (!). We weren’t planning on riding it, but we were in Galaxy’s Edge eating Ronto Wraps and I saw that the standby wait time was only 55 minutes so we decided to hop in line. The end of the line was inside the standby entrance. We reached the Rey preshow in 17 minutes. There was really no value for that today at least.

Some other rides we experienced today with posted standby times versus actual wait times:

Indy: 25 minutes posted/16 minutes actual
Big Thunder: 30 posted / 11 actual
IASW: 10 posted / 12 actual
Space Mountain: 50 posted / 11 single rider
Incredicoater: 15 posted / 8 actualw
The idea that I'd pay $200 for my family of 5 just for genie+ and ROTR for ONE DAY makes me 🤢
How much would you 🤢 if you spent $100 for your family of five to ride RotR when today I waited 17 minutes in the standby line (posted 55 minute wait, actual 17 minutes to the preshow). I saw people coming in who had paid $20/person and I was like 😬

How much would you 🤢 if you spent $100 for your family of five to ride RotR when today I waited 17 minutes in the standby line (posted 55 minute wait, actual 17 minutes to the preshow). I saw people coming in who had paid $20/person and I was like 😬

We are going over NYE so I doubt it will be that slow. Nice thing for us is that you can't buy it until you get into the park and since it gives next available, that will be a good gauge of how likely it would be to sell out. We have 4 days in the parks though so we might take our chances and roll with SB.

If I remember correctly RoTR closes early right? So on those midnight-2am nights, we can't jump in line that late.

We are going over NYE so I doubt it will be that slow. Nice thing for us is that you can't buy it until you get into the park and since it gives next available, that will be a good gauge of how likely it would be to sell out. We have 4 days in the parks though so we might take our chances and roll with SB.

If I remember correctly RoTR closes early right? So on those midnight-2am nights, we can't jump in line that late.
Yes, I will probably be more advantageous on very busy days. But it is sad that infrequent visitors won’t know if it is or is not busy. All the people who bought Genie+ Today probably didn’t need to.

RotR does close early at 8pm. When are the parks open until 2am? Do they stay open later for NYE? (I’ve never visited that day.)

Yes, I will probably be more advantageous on very busy days. But it is sad that infrequent visitors won’t know if it is or is not busy. All the people who bought Genie+ Today probably didn’t need to.

RotR does close early at 8pm. When are the parks open until 2am? Do they stay open later for NYE? (I’ve never visited that day.)

So far the hours for NYE are 8am-2am. We've never been either. Trying to decide if we want to be the crazy people who stay up until 2am and then stroll in late the next day or the sensible ones who leave at 8pm/dinner in DTD and RD for NYD. If it was just me, I'd do the 2am and RD but don't think the rest of my fam can hang with my crazy Disney style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter