Genie+ Changes does DAS choices change too?

vleeth

I heart Disney
When Genie+ changed some of the Individual Lightning Lane attractions to the regular Genie+ group it was for the summer only and those were not available to pre register.

Now that some of those attractions have been announced to stay that way, will we be able to pre register them?

I doubt it.
Everything I’ve read, those attractions are staying as Genie + ‘for the foreseeable future’ , not permanent. So, I don’t think they will be added to the attractions available for DAS Advance Selection

Reports I've seen in the past couple of days from people who have been registering say "No." They were told it is not an option.

They weren’t available when I registered last week, the day AFTER it was announced they would not be going back to ILL’s. My strategy is going to be to request those rides as my first DAS when I enter the park, and do the things with lines under half an hour while I wait. We like to close the parks so I’ll make the second ILL the last ride of the Day. Despite posted wait times, we’ve never waited in a standby line after close for more than half an hour which seems to be my son’s waiting limit. If you aren’t staying until close, or your DAS guest doesn’t have that long if a wait tolerance, I’d make the other long ride wait time right before dinner so an hour of your wait time is taken up with eating and resting. Same could be done at lunch.

Virtual queue is considered an accommodation. So, when GOTG falls off of VQ, it should go onto DAS.

Virtual queue is considered an accommodation. So, when GOTG falls off of VQ, it should go onto DAS.
Virtual queue is not really an accommodation.

For attractions with Virtual Queue/Boarding Groups, guests using DAS must get a Virtual Queue spot the same way other guests do.
The accommodation for DAS comes in once the DAS holder arrives for their Boarding Group.
At that point, they can alert a CM that they are registered for DAS; they will then be allowed to use the Lightning Lane entrance.

While Virtual Queue is no longer being used for an attraction, the line that was previously the Boarding Group line/entrance becomes the Standby Line and will have a posted wait time.
Guests registered for DAS can get a DAS Return Time based on the wait in the Standby Line, the same as other attractions.

When Genie+ changed some of the Individual Lightning Lane attractions to the regular Genie+ group it was for the summer only and those were not available to pre register.

Now that some of those attractions have been announced to stay that way, will we be able to pre register them?

Since the OP was asking about pre-registered DAS, I'd say no, you probably won't be able to pre-register for GotG for a very, very long time. Looking at the attractions that are not available for pre-registration, it's pretty much the top tier attractions. As long as they are available to get DAS for day-of, Disney would be within the realm of accessibility access.

Does anyone know which other ride can't be prebooked? I know Guardians, but I can't rememember if Remi or Frozen is the other and Disney's website only lists Guardians now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter