Genie+ for EPCOT and Animal Kingdom

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
We will be in MK until midnight twice on our trip so we're planning on sleeping in the days following & going in the afternoon to EPCOT & Animal Kingdom. I'll get up before 7 to use Genie+ & go back to sleep if necessary. Thoughts? Going 8/8-8/14.

We will be in MK until midnight twice on our trip so we're planning on sleeping in the days following & going in the afternoon to EPCOT & Animal Kingdom. I'll get up before 7 to use Genie+ & go back to sleep if necessary. Thoughts? Going 8/8-8/14.
I've never spent the money on G+ for AK or Epcot, imo it's not enough rides or attractions that we're interested in to spend that for the 4 of us. Especially if you arrive late at AK given it closes so early. Maybe would consider doing an iLL$ purchase, which we've done but I just don't see any value in the expense for so few attractions. We've managed to do the headliners using iLL$, sticking with standby or getting in line at park close. If you have enough time to do Epcot and AK again on your trip, maybe work in an earlier day for both/or one of these parks if you can.

As PP mentioned, you may not find as much value in utilizing G+ at Epcot or Animal Kingdom, but to answer your direct question:

I found G+to be IDEAL for an afternoon/evening park hop, since you can stack LL throughout the day, for later return times. In your case, I would get up at 7 to book ILL (paid for) for your choice of headliner at the park (GOTG in EP and FOP in DAK would be my choices). Then back to bed. You definitely *could* start booking regular LL at that time, but you will be seeing earlier return times if you're booking right at 7am (ILL you get to choose your return time, regular LL you have to take what's offered). Around 10/11 a.m. is when you'll likely start seeing return times in the afternoon/evening. I'd start booking LL at that time, set an alarm on your phone for 2 hours, and book another etc.. etc. You'll likely end up with 4/5 stacked by the time you get to the park later in the day.

A lot of acronyms in this post :P Does all of that make sense?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter