• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie+ on the day we fly in

cate2

Mouseketeer
Have you purchased Genie plus on your first day before flying out?

Our plane is scheduled to leave Pearson at 7:30 a.m., We'll get to Florida around 10:30 a.m. and then to our resort sometime around noon. I'm hoping to purchase Genie plus from the airport before we leave and try to book a ride at Epcot for the late afternoon (after 3) and book another ride after we land.
Does anyone have experience with this? Do you think I can purchase Genie from Canada?

Anyone logged in as you could buy G+ and book rides for you, while you are on the plane. It doesn't have to be you.

I'm assuming MDE can buy G+ in other country's currency settings, which isn't something I thought of. But it doesn't care about your physical location, it cares about tickets and park reservations.

We have purchased G+ prior to leaving, but not from Canada - but I don't see why you couldn't. As for your plans, keep in mind that G+ selections are the 'next available time', so depending on the attraction you're looking to grab, you might not have that time slot until later in the morning - you'll probably need wifi and the ability to monitor while flying. And then you should be able to make another 2 hours after park opening, which is likely 10:30 or 11:00.

We live in Canada and purchased Genie+ prior to flying and also booked our first LL sitting in the plane before taking off. No problems at all.

I tried it once and jinxed it. My connecting flight got delayed, and I didn't arrive in Florida until 9PM. Never again.

Did you contact Guest Services? They can be forgiving sometimes and refund your money. I know this from personal experience when we bought G+ and were unable to use it.
Yes, and I haven't heard back yet.

I think your fly in day is too iffy. Look at the past week !
Too many things can go wrong. One delay can become a domino effect.

As long as you understand the risk that a bad flight delay could cause you to lose the money - easily doable and really not that much different from how many people book rides. (And if you're delayed - guest services I bet would do something to let you use them later - no guarantees - but do a screen shot of any delay notice on your phone - have a hard time thinking they wouldn't put them back in for you).

Now that you can modify - book your first ride right at 7 from the airport and if it's too early - try to modify it before you take off to get it a little later. You'll likely want to go for Remy, Frozen or Test Track as my guess are those are the only rides where you have as shot of finding a late enough return time before take off (but you can always modify again once you land). Then as you said, book another when you land (or even in the air if you have wifi) and then another 2 hours later by which point if all goes well you'll be in the park. You'll be able to get the park mid-afternoon with 3 rides lined up.

I will be trying this tomorrow.

We have a very early flight (5:55 AM CST) and will likely be boarded and possibly off the ground at 7 AM EST. So, our daughter who lives in Florida is charged with getting a LL for Remy and an ILL for GOTG for late afternoon or early evening. We intend to go to the Marathon Expo after we arrive and then to Epcot.

Our hope is to stack a few LL to use after about 4-5 PM. I might have to book something at 11 or 1 and then modify as the return time moves out late enough for us.

Because of family members participating in Marathon Weekend events we won’t be rope dropping like we usually do so we intend to use Genie+ to get a few attractions for when we can get to a park later in the day. This worked well for us last year, and I’m hoping that the modify feature will make it easier to get reservations at convenient times. If it works how I understand it, we can book something and then modify it to a later time without affecting when we book our next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter