Genie plus and purchased LL.

Wait, you can only purchase 1 ILL per person per day?
You can only purchase 1 individual lightning lane per day for each ILL attraction, Rise of the Resistance @ DL and Radiator Springs Racers @ DCA. You do not need to purchase Genie + to purchase an individual lightning lane via the DL app. If you do purchase Genie + and also decide to purchase an ILL, your ILL purchase does not affect your ability to make Genie + reservations.

You can only purchase 1 individual lightning lane per day for each ILL attraction, Rise of the Resistance @ DL and Radiator Springs Racers @ DCA. You do not need to purchase Genie + to purchase an individual lightning lane via the DL app. If you do purchase Genie + and also decide to purchase an ILL, your ILL purchase does not affect your ability to make Genie + reservations.
Ahh, that makes more sense. So I can get a Rise and a Radiator Springs in the same day but not two Radiator springs. Got it. (and yes, the above statement implies the use of a park hopper).

Thanks.

"Guests may purchase and select the next available arrival window for up to 2 attractions per day."

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/
Right now, there are only 2 ILL rides in the entire resort, but yes, that is true when there were more than 2 ILL rides (I believe Runaway Railway was an ILL ride for a period, so there were 3 ILL rides, so you could ONLY ride 2 of them per day using an ILL).

"Guests may purchase and select the next available arrival window for up to 2 attractions per day."

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/
Right now, there are only 2 ILL rides in the entire resort, but yes, that is true when there were more than 2 ILL rides (I believe Runaway Railway was an ILL ride for a period, so there were 3 ILL rides, so you could ONLY ride 2 of them per day using an ILL).
As noted in the text I quoted, I was responding to a posting that said, "You get 1 per day, not per ride." That is not correct. You can buy two ILLs per day, one for each of the two qualifying rides. Other people had also followed up on that posting with corrections, but I added to their comments because I wanted to cite the information on the Disneyland website.

Example: You walk into the park and rope drop Jungle Cruise at 9:00am. While in line, you book a Pirates for 10:00am, an ILL for Rise at 10:30am and an ILL for Cars at 11:30am. You can have all 3 on your Genie. Once you get in line at 10:00am for Pirates, you can book another ride, say Big Thunder Mountain at 11:00am. After rise and thunder, you can book another ride, say Guardians for 12:00pm.

The ILLs, while they cost money, will help you fill up your day with rides that you don’t have to stand in line for.

Just in the morning until noon, you went on 6 rides. You cant buy any more ILLs the rest of the day, just Genie+. So from 11:30 on, you'll just have 1 ride in your queue - unless you stack for night.

We were at Disneyland on Saturday and had Genie Plus. We got to the park around 10:15 that morning and I booked Buzz Lightyear on Genie Plus as soon as we got in the park since there was no wait. After we checked in for that, I booked Big Thunder on Genie Plus for something like 10:40-11:40 and purchased Rise of the Resistance Lightning Lane for the same time frame (for an extra $52 I might add for 2 people). We rode Big Thunder right around 10:40 and I booked Millenium Falcon after we checked in for around 10:50-11:50 (I'm guessing a bit at times here). We then rode Rise and after we finished that jumped on Millenium Falcon. When we checked in for that I booked Pirates for around something like 11:45-12:45 and after we rode that I booked Incredicoaster for immediate riding so we hopped over to California Adventure.

At this point, the charge for ROTR ILL+ is highway robbery. I rarely complain about up charges at DL but the actual wait time for ROTR has never actually been over 30 minutes any time I have ridden. And this will be when the wait time lists as 40 all the way to 70 minutes. That ride is a people-eater now.

I can understand paying for RSR as one can still wait a couple hours (we did in December) but ROTR ILL+ feels like a scam at this point with how off the real wait times are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter