Genie+ Pricing Structure

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
So the few times I've used this were when it was a 'flat' $15/PP, so I don't quite understand the new tiered pricing? Is the price accessible weeks out, or is this announced like the night before? We have an upcoming trip from 5/3-5/10, and want to get an idea if I'm going to be paying the $15 rate, or the $35 I've been reading about, lol

You find out the price the day of. We're going May 2-9 and I have budgeted for $20 a day, knowing that if it's slightly higher, that's okay. We'd never pay $30-$35 though. I'm hoping it's a little slower the beginning of May, so the price might come down a bit.
We're going May 5-12 and hoping for the lower price too...I'm still not sure we will buy it, but the price will definitely dictate that lol

We're going May 5-12 and hoping for the lower price too...I'm still not sure we will buy it, but the price will definitely dictate that lol
You find out the price the day of. We're going May 2-9 and I have budgeted for $20 a day, knowing that if it's slightly higher, that's okay. We'd never pay $30-$35 though. I'm hoping it's a little slower the beginning of May, so the price might come down a bit.
We have gone this time of year for last several years. It is not what I would call 'busy', so hoping for $20/PP---well, actually I'm hoping for $15/PP, but can live with $20, lol

And just FYI, the price is listed right at the top when you open the tip board (also located on the main app screen I believe so you don't have to click through like you're going to buy it just to check). Don't forget you can check it earlier than 7am to see the price and buy it if you want, I believe some time just after midnight each day if you happen to be up. lol

Last May we paid $15. This was first 2 weeks of May. Just this past February, again first 2 weeks, we paid $18. I think these are the only times we will go from now on. Disney is gouging us.

It's a very busy week but considering it's selling out at $35 in a matter of hours the past 3 days, I'm pretty sure prices will continue to increase. Will be interested in seeing what it costs this weekend. Sadly I anticipate it only going higher, at least this week. :(
Yeah its sad. Disney fans are the reason they keep doing this cause they just keep paying. They are well on the way to charging universal express pass type prices. Difference is with express pass, you can go on rides anytime you want. Won't shock me to see them charging 75-100 in the next 3 years

Yeah its sad. Disney fans are the reason they keep doing this cause they just keep paying. They are well on the way to charging universal express pass type prices. Difference is with express pass, you can go on rides anytime you want. Won't shock me to see them charging 75-100 in the next 3 years
It can be the regular Disney fans but I think right now Disney is also attracting many people who have not travelled in a few years. They may have budgets that allow for a bit more or, this may be a once-in-a-lifetime trip so adding a few dollars doesn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things.

For those of us who are blessed to go more often and can compare to what it used to be, it's a hard change to accept. For others who don't know any different, they pay what then need to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter