Genie+ Pricing Structure

We went 20th to 25th and I can back this up. It was 25 25 and 27 the days we purchased. I’d say as we get into the summer and even busier time it’s going to get to 40-50 sooner rather than later.

Summer is actually less busy, except maybe July 4th, than the current weeks due to Spring Break and Easter holidays.

re: Genie pricing and selling out now 3 or 4 days in a row....

Especially given the $35 price pt, im convinced they've cut the G+ availability bucket down significantly. No way the parks are so crowded that even at $35 its selling out the same number of G+ subs daily as they sold over week 10 ($29) that only sold out 1 day.

I was there Week 10 and it was pretty darn packed. On property hotels were sold out. Local schools were off too.

Am I wrong? Is it even more insane this week?

Yes, it's way busier. Think Thanksgiving or xmas-NYE crowds.

Summer is actually less busy, except maybe July 4th, than the current weeks due to Spring Break and Easter holidays.

Yes, it's way busier. Think Thanksgiving or xmas-NYE crowds.
I must admit I haven’t been in the summer since 2011 or so. So I definitely just assumed.

I must admit I haven’t been in the summer since 2011 or so. So I definitely just assumed.

We tend to go during the summer, Thanksgiving, and Spring Break. We were there in March. It was busy but not like now. One year our Spring Break lined up with Easter, and it was on par with Thanksgiving and xmas-NYE, which we have done once. Summer is more spread out, so individual days are not nearly as bad. I also think that's why they are having to do hotel discounts in the summer. It's just not peak anymore. Still busy though.

We tend to go during the summer, Thanksgiving, and Spring Break. We were there in March. It was busy but not like now. One year our Spring Break lined up with Easter, and it was on par with Thanksgiving and xmas-NYE, which we have done once. Summer is more spread out, so individual days are not nearly as bad. I also think that's why they are having to do hotel discounts in the summer. It's just not peak anymore. Still busy though.
Spring Break is a very busy time.
I was surprised at how busy mid to late May was with all the school groups present.
We have done Thanksgiving several times and didn't think it was terribly crowded. Jersey week was worse than Thanksgiving week.

DH analogizes visiting WDW with an AP and buying G+ to having a golf club membership. He’s a member but still has to pay a small fee for each round. Unfortunately, he’s very willing to pay to not stand in line. I’m a bit more frugal but will buy for MK and HS. I’ll just skip long lines at Epcot and AK.

This is my exact G+ philosophy. I wonder at what point I personally would balk at purchasing in MK and HS ... it just works the best in MK, which makes it feel more "worth it" to me.

Even in the before times summer was trending downward crowd wise. They started running discounts in the summer and even free dining. I really think it was down to more schools doing fall breaks combined with the proliferation of blogs, podcasts, etc. beating the drum about October being "slow" that made fall overtake summer.

They are just spreading people across the parks. They say a park is "sold out" as to direct people to other parks. Disney is playing games behind the scenes and can make the limit whatever they want it to be for any park. I am not sure I have seen a day yet where all parks were sold out. For example, let's say that the most any one park can hold is 1000 guests. Behind the scenes they may make each park have a "limit" of 500 and it is then listed as "sold out" when those 500 spaces are reserved which then forces folks to then select another park. The parks are not truly sold out as it isn't like they are counting noses of how many are departing and then only allow a one for one as people park hop. If it looks as though things are filling to the 500 limit they can then adjust the limit up to allow more people in each park. It is better for Disney to spread people out so they do that by playing games with the reservations.
There were many dates a year ago now where all 4 parks were full for park reservations. They were not selling any tickets and people were being turned away at the gates. All 4 parks filling hasn't happened as often since they increased the number of people in the parks but for sure this happened a lot a year ago.

There were many dates a year ago now where all 4 parks were full for park reservations. They were not selling any tickets and people were being turned away at the gates. All 4 parks filling hasn't happened as often since they increased the number of people in the parks but for sure this happened a lot a year ago.
Im curious how close MK is to the old 60K number...I don't think Disney would release that info but it would be interesting to see.

I bet it doesn't get that low again. I would assume $20 and up from now on as people are selling it out at $35.

That was due to Covid but now that Covid protocols are gone I don't believe there has been a date where all 4 parks are sold out. They now just play games with the reservation system to spread people out amongst the 4 parks.

I'd be surprised if we ever see Genie+ below $25 again. Sales this week have got to make Disney accountants euphoric. The question is on what rare occasions will it drop below the $35 level now. I'd plan for $60+ if I were going to be at WDW during Christmas/NY 2023

I wonder how long it will be before they require you to purchase it for ALL your park days if you purchase it at all?

I'd be surprised if we ever see Genie+ below $25 again. Sales this week have got to make Disney accountants euphoric. The question is on what rare occasions will it drop below the $35 level now. I'd plan for $60+ if I were going to be at WDW during Christmas/NY 2023

Maybe...but I doubt it. There are a large chunk of days where you simply do not need G+ at all and at $35 they would be missing out on more money than if it were in the $15-20 range.

Maybe...but I doubt it. There are a large chunk of days where you simply do not need G+ at all and at $35 they would be missing out on more money than if it were in the $15-20 range.
I feel the same. This week is extremely high crowds which leads more to purchase it to save time in lines. Considering the summer discounts that are out, it appears they’re trying to bring more to Disney this summer. If that continues to be the case I feel the price will go down as it won’t be as beneficial to purchase Genie+ when crowds are already lower.

I wonder how long it will be before they require you to purchase it for ALL your park days if you purchase it at all?
Can't do that with an annual pass. Bwahaha! I am cheating the system :rotfl2:

In March the lowest price was $18 for one day only. My bet is, in April we are not going to see a price under $20. The only way for that G+ price is up.

All previous sell outs have been around afternoon. The last sell outs in this month have been pretty early. On April 4th G+ sold out between 9am and 10am! Looks like Disney is doing everything right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter