Genie Service

It has been clarified that the on-site guest gets a leg up on the extra Tier 1 rides at 7…the ones that cost additional like ROTR, etc,

The ones include for $15 a day will be open to all guests at 7 am.
got a source link for this? That’s about the dumbest thing if true. You’re staying on site? Congrats you can get early access to pay even more money!

i was kinda stoked about it when it was 7am for on-site only for the $15 tier. Saw that as a domino effect for having a leg up on off site folks (ie already got your first pass ready to go so on and off your first ride while they are still looking or having to book later stuff)

Last edited:
Look, I loved maxpass at Disneyland even though it really added to the cost for our family-we typically travel with six and mama pays for everything. But the difference here was that you still had paper FP available if you didn’t want to splurge on MP-and MP included everything. This whole attitude that folks who complain are “entitled” is really offensive to me-it’s absolutely fair to say to disney that we are unhappy that you are giving us a lesser product-that you are charging for something that used to be free-and I’m supposed to be happy about it?

Maybe many deluxe guests will use the night hours for some of the more popular rides when it won’t be as crowded,

We will do this so we won’t have to do as many 7 am schedules. Then i again I can never sleep in at Disney so for me, it will be fine…lol
We just changed our December trip to include a Wednesday, so as to take advantage of the extra hours in MK.

We were just saying at least you don't have to purchase it for the whole length of your stay or not at all... like Dining Plan etc.
There are some parks where I wouldn't feel the need to purchase the genie+
We are already trying to be strategic. I can't wait for the initial guinea pigs to give us the feedback and reviews.

Also funny that you now have to get up at 7 am to book 1 LL pass on your vacation, instead of booking 3 FP's for each day a head of time for your whole stay. So now you have to get up early each day of your vacation, instead of getting up one day before your vacation....... and pay for this privilege. Not sure who the marketing genius was who came up with this plan.
Maybe the same one who thought NBA Experience was a good idea?

It's bad enough the parks are closing earlier, now they want us to pay for FP+. Every DVC member staying on points should be given 3 FP+ per day. Hopefully, the EM hours at MK and EPCOT will continue through November. I still remember MK staying open until midnight with EMH until 3AM.

For me the only positive of this announcement is there is no longer any reason to stay on site and could save ton of money staying offsite and paying $15 extra per person for the fastpass. The negative is I own 300 points so I’m sorta commited to staying on site lol.

There may still technically be virtual queues for ROTR and Remy, but they’ll be monetizing it for all it’s worth.

If you don’t get a time, just buy one. But then, why would WDW give away more than a tiny fraction of their potential earnings each day?

No. They’ll figure out at what point 95% capacity will sell out, and let 5% go to the virtual queue each morning.

How would anyone know the difference?

My initial reaction to all of this: a whole bunch of shrugs.

For now, with the ability to enter the parks half an hour early means we'll eat a light breakfast, arrive at rope drop, ride the top attraction in the park then get in line for the next most popular ride, spend another hour or two riding less popular attractions, then head back to the resort for five hours at the pool/lunch in the room/naps. Evening time likely means another trip to a park for a nighttime show and maybe a ride or two.

The nickel and dime-style changes have encouraged us to spend less and less time in the parks, so much so that our last two trips didn't include park tickets at all...and we didn't really miss our time in the parks. The pools are great, the Disney staff is great, and the grounds are lovely.

The practical impact of FP+ was that we used to spend larger chunks of time in the parks than we otherwise might have, probably in an effort to get "value" out of our FPs. When it was 85 degrees at 11am at MK, we'd often stick around for another 30 or 60 minutes to utilize that last FP. But now? The allure of the Oasis Pool will be that much stronger...and we've already paid for it!

I could see us paying for FOP or, if possible, ROTR. Otherwise, get up early, get to the parks, and then get back to the resort for relaxation time. I suspect that the once-in-a-lifetime crowd will be much more inclined to pay up.

Yes I am echoing the sentiment why bother staying on site. Our last stay at Bay lake tower we found Uber just so much more convenient to get to the parks, except of course magic Kingdom. I am really searching for a reason to keep my DVC right now. Other than Aulani (being on the west coast) I can't find too much on offer.

For me the only positive of this announcement is there is no longer any reason to stay on site and could save ton of money staying offsite and paying $15 extra per person for the fastpass. The negative is I own 300 points so I’m sorta commited to staying on site lol.

Not at all. Great resources on this site to rent your points out or sell!

Next three DVC trips are to HH, VB and Aulani. Didn't need a reason to try them before. Plane tickets to Aulani are within reason compared to park tickets now with this.

I was already considering doing the same before this announcement. We promised a big family trip to my adult siblings next year but after that I'm gonna take a break and check out other DVC options.

This years trip we did mostly other things in Orlando/Tampa area.

If they were having trouble filling the deluxe resorts before, this is all an interesting approach to turn things around.

Not paying, not worth it. We already pay too much to walk though the gates, to then have to pay to ride? I'd be less annoyed if they just raised the price of tickets $15. (But wait! I am sure that's coming!)

Yes I am echoing the sentiment why bother staying on site. Our last stay at Bay lake tower we found Uber just so much more convenient to get to the parks, except of course magic Kingdom. I am really searching for a reason to keep my DVC right now. Other than Aulani (being on the west coast) I can't find too much on offer.

30 minutes early access is great, as is the evening EMH. Why pay for LL/G+ when you're going to get to ride a bunch when a ton of other people can't?

If they were having trouble filling the deluxe resorts before, this is all an interesting approach to turn things around.

I feel like there's going to be some other perks hidden in the 'more details to come' language.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter