Genie+ trouble with different tickets

Swaldicrew

Earning My Ears
At midnight I was not able to add Genie+ on my app. My son has a 4 day PH with Genie+ And I have an AP. I’m thinking the app sees that he has it and says we are good to go. A cast member a few weeks ago told me this would be an issue and sent me to Tech (which I’m sure all of you knew how long I had to wait on hold!…3 1/2 hrs!). And they said we were all good to go…3 weeks later and trying to make at midnight and it won’t let me. And guest services doesn’t open until 7! Luckily can still make ILL’s and I am guessing I will just make for my son and go to guest services when we get to HS, but this definitely needs to be fixed! Anyone else having trouble or have a solution in the next 32 minutes 🤣🤦‍♀️

I tried to add Genie+ to my AP last week. I called DVC Member Services. The CW checked with IT. Bottom line- Genie+ can't be added to APs, for length of stay, at this time. You can add it on a daily basis.

Thank you so much for your quick reply! Issue is I am trying to add it daily. At midnight it wouldn’t let me for today. Says “you are good to go”. I’ll find out in 7 minutes 😩

I don't understand why Genie+ just can't be added on the website for future trips. Why is it that they require you to buy them the day of?

Not being able to add Genie+ until 7 am is going to put AP's at a huge disadvantage in getting SDD reservations. Is this confirmed to be an issue for all AP's, or just this user?
You can buy them before 7, it just had to be the day of. We have APs and booked about 6:50 each day.

Not being able to add Genie+ until 7 am is going to put AP's at a huge disadvantage in getting SDD reservations. Is this confirmed to be an issue for all AP's, or just this user?

I think it's related to this user, since the party has different ticket media types, an AP and regular tickets.

This makes me wish I would have never bought an AP. I have 2 trips coming up- one in December and one in March. I was only able to book park reservations for the December trip…. Haven’t activated my pass yet so hoping once I do I can make park reservations for March? (Staying on-site). We are traveling with my parents for the March trip and they have regular tickets and have park reservations…. Now it looks like when we try to book genie + together it’s going to be a problem as well…..

I think it's related to this user, since the party has different ticket media types, an AP and regular tickets.

Unfortunately, it's not. We have AP's and Disney has been very clear that I cannot add Genie+ until the day of a park reservation.

I don't understand why Genie+ just can't be added on the website for future trips. Why is it that they require you to buy them the day of?
It's really no different from guests who wish to purchase Genie+ for some days but not their entire trip. Those guests also need to purchase the day of. When we visit I plan on purchasing G+ for our DHS and MK days but not Epcot or AK so I know already that those days I will need to add G+ that day.

I'm guessing this makes things easier for guests who plan to go and then for whatever reason they change their mind and don't go to a park that day or, decide to switch parks and no longer want G+ for the new park they go to. Those guests would want refunds as the Genie + was purchased for a day then ended up not going to a park or, didn't want it for their new park.

I think that if the group has different ticket media they have to purchase G+ using their own MDE. My daughter and I have APs and we can purchase together between midnight and 7am on the day. My son has a 14 day ticket and I can’t buy G+ for him and he can’t buy it for my daughter or me, but he could buy it for anyone else on his friends and family list if they have day tickets. So each morning we have to purchase as two groups. However, once purchased we can make LL and purchase ILL$ together. At least that’s how a CM explained it to me.

Unfortunately, it's not. We have AP's and Disney has been very clear that I cannot add Genie+ until the day of a park reservation.

Only being able to purchase Genie+ day of for APs is not an issue. That's by design. I was not referring to that. The OP can't add Genie+ day of with his AP, because his son, who is linked in MDE, already has a ticket and Genie+. Now maybe it doesn't have to do with the different ticket media, and it's solely related to Genie+ having already been purchased for one person in the party but not all of them.

I think that if the group has different ticket media they have to purchase G+ using their own MDE. My daughter and I have APs and we can purchase together between midnight and 7am on the day. My son has a 14 day ticket and I can’t buy G+ for him and he can’t buy it for my daughter or me, but he could buy it for anyone else on his friends and family list if they have day tickets. So each morning we have to purchase as two groups. However, once purchased we can make LL and purchase ILL$ together. At least that’s how a CM explained it to me.

Hi. We leave on Thursday for 9 nights.

Three of us are on my MDE. Two have APs and my son has a one day and a two day ticket. He is 23. We are resort guests.

Are you saying I need to make him his own MDE and cannot purchase our LL and IA$ together?

Thank you.

Three of us are on my MDE. Two have APs and my son has a one day and a two day ticket. He is 23. We are resort guests.

Are you saying I need to make him his own MDE and cannot purchase our LL and IA$ together?

Thank you.
I understand that he will need an MDE account to purchase G+, either for the length of his stay or day by day, but each day, once the whole group has G+, one person can make LL and ILL$ reservations for the whole group, as long as you are in a family and friends group.

Yeah, I’m in the same boat though for my christmas trip :(. That’s going ot really effect my ability to get SDD if I have to waste precious minutes every morning at 7 adding genie+ every day.

Critically, can all this be done before 7 am though? I’m in the same boat as you.

Thank you.
I think the issue the OP had was the son's ticket already included Genie+ and she wanted to add G+ for the AP. If you are all on the same MDE and all adding G+ daily (not length of stay), I believe you'll be OK to do it all from the same MDE. It seems the problem comes in where some tickets already bought G+ for length of stay but others are buying it daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter