• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie + with a group of 7?

Planning fanatic mom

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Disney World next week. We are a group of 7. 6 adults, (1 is pregnant) and a 3 year old.

I am wondering about buying Genie+ for our day at MK. We won't be riding any coasters, so that is not a concern.

Would the 7 of us even get a LL together at the same time?

Any thoughts or experiences you have about using Genie + with a large group would be much appreciated.

If someone has the entire group linked in their Friends/Family, and that person makes the LL reservations (assuming G+ has been purchased for all, and the entire group has the same park reservation for the day), you absolutely can get them for the same time. And you should be able to schedule together throughout the day, based on your next available time.

I was just at wdw for new years eve. Party of 6. December 30th at Magic Kingdom. Made first choice at 7am for jingle cruise with afternoon return time. We started our day at around 11:30 and did the following on genie plus...buzz, speedway, Winnie, pirates, and small world, barnstormer.
Waited on standby for carousel and Ariel. 2 of us also on splash(less than 30min standby for all 3). Only ride we missed that the group wanted was Peter pan(difficult to get both jingle and Peter pan). If we started earlier we could have gotten everything done.
Our group had 3 of us that would ride coasters, but the trip was designed around a 6 year old that has never been exposed to rides before and thus we skipped.
You should have an easy time next week as the holiday rush eases up.

I don’t mind genie+ as it’s worked well for me when everyone in the group is of the same age/height/ride interest.

Where I really struggle is when you have kids that can’t do some of the rides the others want to do. We end up with Divided groups that I then can get lightening lanes all together again as the day goes on because each group is in a different schedule.

Does anyone have thoughts about how to approach this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter