Genie+ won't allow re-rides?

When comparing it to Universal's ... I have no problem with this, assuming we can get a time for every ride. I think availability will be the deciding factor on the reviews it gets in the end.

I don't hate it at WDW if it means I can use it for all the rides once because it's limited. With MaxPass (or Legacy FP) we never had a problem getting on everything once but we always rope drop/early entry, and did find that you ran out of available options as the day went on so RIP people who don't rope drop I guess?

In theory I could be okay with Genie+, but it's the limitations/exclusions that are really rubbing me the wrong way. Pay for Genie+, but these rides aren't included....you pay for them separately. Now you can't ride a ride more than once. For something that was sort of marketed as being a way to give guests more freedom, it certainly feels restrictive.

In theory I could be okay with Genie+, but it's the limitations/exclusions that are really rubbing me the wrong way. Pay for Genie+, but these rides aren't included....you pay for them separately. Now you can't ride a ride more than once. For something that was sort of marketed as being a way to give guests more freedom, it certainly feels restrictive.
in reality, what happened is, Disney took away an offer that was included in your park admission, charged for the replacement, and is giving you less options to choose from in the replacement.

Its a lose lose. It's just bad all around, its why you're seeing negative reviews for it all over the place.

Want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. For the regular Genie+ (the $15 extra per day) do you get to choose 1 ride at a time up to a maximum of 2 rides or is 1 ride at at a time with no maximum number of rides throughout the day? I understand that it appears that you cannot duplicate a ride selection. Thanks.

Want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. For the regular Genie+ (the $15 extra per day) do you get to choose 1 ride at a time up to a maximum of 2 rides or is 1 ride at at a time with no maximum number of rides throughout the day? I understand that it appears that you cannot duplicate a ride selection. Thanks.

1 ride at a time and only 1 admission per ride

The maximum of 2 rides applies only to the IAS attractions, which are separate from G+.

BTW, someone upthread said that G+ at DAK would be basically like paying $15 to ride KS, however, from what I've seen (speculation only) KS is going to be an IAS attraction, not G+. Ditto FoP.

in reality, what happened is, Disney took away an offer that was included in your park admission, charged for the replacement, and is giving you less options to choose from in the replacement.

Its a lose lose. It's just bad all around, its why you're seeing negative reviews for it all over the place.
How are there reviews (negative or positive) "all over the place" if it's not available for anyone to experience yet? I think the word you're looking for is "pre-judging".

The maximum of 2 rides applies only to the IAS attractions, which are separate from G+.

BTW, someone upthread said that G+ at DAK would be basically like paying $15 to ride KS, however, from what I've seen (speculation only) KS is going to be an IAS attraction, not G+. Ditto FoP.
KS was originally going to be an IAS attraciton but now it looks like the two in AK will be EE and FOP.

I think the more recent rumor is that Expedition Everest will receive that honor, it's still up in the air. At any rate, once Kali closes for refurbishment, looking like Navi, Dinosaur, and EE or KS would be the only actual rides available (I imagine they'll add priority seating for some shows). Doesn't seem worth it at all.

I think the more recent rumor is that Expedition Everest will receive that honor, it's still up in the air. At any rate, once Kali closes for refurbishment, looking like Navi, Dinosaur, and EE or KS would be the only actual rides available (I imagine they'll add priority seating for some shows). Doesn't seem worth it at all.
Agree that it doesn't seem worth it, but I admit that I have a mental bank of $100 for FoP IAS spending money. Not that I want to spend it, but in May, we rode FoP only once because the standby line was super long every time we checked.

How are there reviews (negative or positive) "all over the place" if it's not available for anyone to experience yet? I think the word you're looking for is "pre-judging".

I agree with you to a point, BUT for many the "pay for something you used to get for free" IS enough to know it's not for them. I say this as someone who is fortunate enough to be able to add some Genie+ and LL purchases to our trip without feeling a significant financial strain. I'm with you that I'd like to give it a chance - but it's is a privilege really to be in a position to look at something like this from a standpoint that is not strictly financial. For a lot of people, the added cost is all they need to know - because unless standby wait times are reduced significantly as a result of the change (something I think most are doubting is actually going to happen), Genie+ and LL purchases will be the only way to get a similar experience to the one we used to get with included FP+.

I don’t care what you call it, but I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about it.

How is it supposed to be better than the previous offering when:

1. it’s a paid application,already offering less value than the prior system
2. not everyone of financial means can afford genie. Meaning disney has now created a class/tier system amongst guests. So people who don’t buy it can go to the steerage quarters and row? How isn’t it going to create animosity amongst people.

Let’s say Disney gets 70-80% participation…they haven’t solved/fixed the core problem. Too many people not enough attractions.

might as well just get rid of lightning lanes and just keep stand by only lines.

it’s a lose lose situation…sure Disney will make money but piss people off at the same time.

these are the reasons im judging it in advance of the release

I agree with you to a point, BUT for many the "pay for something you used to get for free" IS enough to know it's not for them. I say this as someone who is fortunate enough to be able to add some Genie+ and LL purchases to our trip without feeling a significant financial strain. I'm with you that I'd like to give it a chance - but it's is a privilege really to be in a position to look at something like this from a standpoint that is not strictly financial. For a lot of people, the added cost is all they need to know - because unless standby wait times are reduced significantly as a result of the change (something I think most are doubting is actually going to happen), Genie+ and LL purchases will be the only way to get a similar experience to the one we used to get with included FP+.
i want to point out that for many, its not that they can't afford to, its just they arent willing to pay for it.

Between this, and the resort parking fees, for my family of 4, that's an additional $600 a week for things that were included in our package previously. They havent added any additional value to those services to make it worth it. In fact, id argue from what Disney has told us about Genie +, the previous version of fast pass was a superior product.

I also read somewhere that Disney has lowered the price for the Premier Access at Disneyland Paris...

i want to point out that for many, its not that they can't afford to, its just they arent willing to pay for it.

Between this, and the resort parking fees, for my family of 4, that's an additional $600 a week for things that were included in our package previously. They havent added any additional value to those services to make it worth it. In fact, id argue from what Disney has told us about Genie +, the previous version of fast pass was a superior product.

my bad I meant to quote bordertenny…think we are in agreement

I'll reserve judgment until I see everything in action. FP+ wasn't the greatest when it debuted. (if you park hopped, you couldn't get a FP from the app, you had to go to the kiosks or something like that). And if I remember the FPs were pre-selected (or pre-recommended) and modifying them was a pain in the butt.

I’m not thrilled over the one pass per day per ride but I can see how they came up with it. Actually, for me as a solo traveler knocking out every ride each day, it would work well IF it works so that you can get any rides at any times throughout the day albeit once and done. And provided they keep the solo lines, for EE especially. Crossing my fingers here.

It is a crowd control mechanisim that the consumer pays for, if they allowed unlimited bookings on the same ride and everyone focoused on that one ride (lets say FOP at AK) the LL would be just as long or longer than the Standby making the ride all together inaccessable. They are trying to dispurse people across the park for crowd control and to create revenue. LL and Genie+ may nominally help the consumer, they will greatly help Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter