Genie+ won't allow re-rides?

It is a crowd control mechanisim that the consumer pays for, if they allowed unlimited bookings on the same ride and everyone focoused on that one ride (lets say FOP at AK) the LL would be just as long or longer than the Standby making the ride all together inaccessable. They are trying to dispurse people across the park for crowd control and to create revenue. LL and Genie+ may nominally help the consumer, they will greatly help Disney.

Well said…

Cheapek 20,000,000 - Customer 0

for anyone keeping score lately.

Bases on the info released it sounds like you can pay for the individual attraction only once as well. So you can purchase 2 per day but can only ride each ride once per day matching the LL once per day.

I guess the "refresh" button no longer has a purpose. I'm sure many of you can remember being able to tap the refresh to get that ride you wanted AGAIN. Now, it appears that people will just pick the next ride available. I guess when you hit each ride (that you want) you are done with your Genie+ for the day and you can put your mobile device in your pocket, and hit the standby lines. I think of it like a scavenger hunt. Once you "get" your ride, it's on to the next, until you are done. Keep in mind, there are several rides that guests may not WANT to ride (too aggressive, to small, dizzy, screen, coaster, etc.). So a family or individual may only have a handful of favorites at a particular park.

Next question: If you hop (which would seem more desirable now), can you "start over" with new selections at that park? That would seem to be the best strategy.

I'm not quite understanding the gripes about the 1 ride limit on the Genie+ system. In principal it sucks, yes.....but in practicality, remembering all of our trips to Disney during spring break season....we were NEVER able to snag fast passes for anything decent by the time the afternoon hit. We would exhaust our 3 fast passes by late morning/early afternoon, and after that point there was never anything good left! So maybe with this new system, there's better opportunity for everyone to get on the good rides? Maybe everyone paying for the Genie+ will definitely get on all the rides they want, and also the standby lines will be shorter as well making it bearable to re-ride later in the day if you want. But of course, I know nothing. Just my thoughts/speculations.

Also, the comparisons to Universal.....yes, Universal allows unlimited riding with their express system....but I gotta be honest....the crowds were nowhere near Disney levels when we were there for spring break. I just don't think Universal has the crowd issues that Disney does.....so I understand why Disney has to take a different approach.

....we were NEVER able to snag fast passes for anything decent by the time the after noon hit.

We always got to ride multiple times by refreshing the available rides/times. We became proficient at hitting the button as soon as we scanned our MB and entered the FP gate. It was very rare that a ride was completely unavailable. Maybe we just had good luck. Now, with this new system, even if you go during a SLOW time, Genie+ wont help you. Busy or slow, it doesn't matter any more. I suppose the SB lines will be shorter on a slow day though.

I will add that as a party of 7, getting good fastoasses after the first three was problematic. Not sure Genie + will be better until we experience it, but the one ride limit does not really affect us adversely.

There's nothing official yet but some sources that appear to have inside knowledge - Genie+ will only allow you to ride eligible rides 1 time each per day. This is not the Individual Attraction Selection (IA$) rides for which you pay per person per ride. Those were already defined as being limited to 2 per day and no repeats of the same ride. Genie + being the $15 per day add on would include numerous other attraction (not eligible for IA$) that would allow access to the Lightening Lanes. Most had presumed that as long as G+ had ride availability that you could reride rides that you wanted to, but this word seems to be that you can only use G+ per ride one time per day. So, I can't use it to ride Haunted Mansion more than once per day. I could use it once and then if I want to ride again, I'd have to use standby.

Which IMO makes it far less desirable. I'd already decided I'd likely only consider it for MK and DHS, but with this news, I'm not sure I'd bother with it at all.
Were you previously able to make a second fastpass reservation for the same ride after using all 3 fast passes?

Were you previously able to make a second fastpass reservation for the same ride after using all 3 fast passes?
Yes under Fast Pass there wasn't a restriction on being able to snag the same ride again....I just know every time we went during spring break season, nothing good was ever left by the afternoon. We always made our first passes starting late morning and we did rope drop. So we were able to get on a few rides with little to no wait in the morning....start using our fast passes for top tier rides around 11.....by the time the afternoon rolled around we had done pretty much everything we set out to do, but good fast passes were gone. So that's why I'm not as upset about this 1 ride per Genie+ day as some others....cause I never remember being able to get fast passes for the same top tier rides multiple times anyways.

Yes. With the exception of Slinky and Flight of Passage - and Millennium Falcon when it was new, we never had an issue grabbing more FP. Tap in for your first FP - make that one a high demand ride, then immediately modify your second to something sooner, and then do the same for your 3rd, and then boom, open to grab and modify for the rest of the day.

My family goes in early November. I calculated what it would cost, assuming RoR is 15 and the other rides are about 9 (figure average if some are 7 and some are more) and it is minimum of $468, at the $60 a day x 5 days, RoR, and a couple other rides. This is with me skipping a few of the individually priced ones too... it's a lot to consider.

Is it confirmed through Disney that there will be no re-rides?

I have reservations for our spring break in April. Not when I want to go but our only option in 2022. Pricing it all out, I’m starting to consider spending our money to rent a place in Key West.

My family goes in early November. I calculated what it would cost, assuming RoR is 15 and the other rides are about 9 (figure average if some are 7 and some are more) and it is minimum of $468, at the $60 a day x 5 days, RoR, and a couple other rides. This is with me skipping a few of the individually priced ones too... it's a lot to consider.
Rope drop or stay late is always the best plan for the e tickets. The only one they will be an issue is that Rat since it’s virtual queue. There is literally no reason to pay for FoP, EE, 7 Dwarves, Space, MMRR, etc because you can easily do them rope drop or at close without a problem. RoR is iffy.

These changes punish the people that don’t or cannot do rope drop or stay to close or utilize planning strategies.

Ive been to Disneyworld at Christmas and New Years for four out of the last six years and this year will make 5 out of 7. And Disneyland Paris it is 6 out of 7 this year. While fastpass was good to ah e it was no means required for me to loop MK twice on Xmas day with minimal waits. Or successfully do any of the parks on the busiest days. Precovid I’ve also done everything in AK and Epcot on Xmas say won’t minimal fastpass usage.

Last edited:

According to people on these forums affording genie + is not an issue…

But I think people need to take a step back and perform the calculations like you did. For an average family of 4 with four park days it’s almost ~$300 in additional expense.

Sorry but that’s not chump change. Thats 2 additional nights at pop century. Or an additional day in the park for everyone.

and for those saying you don’t need to do genie everyday…it’s sad that families have to compromise there Disney vacation because of corporate greed.

I have reservations for our spring break in April. Not when I want to go but our only option in 2022. Pricing it all out, I’m starting to consider spending our money to rent a place in Key West.
Same question here! I keep reading many popular Disney Bloggers saying it will only allow you to ride each ride once, but no where in any releases by Disney does it say that. It says 1 at a time (which would be just like Maxpass.) Reading the official Disney info on Genie+, you can select each fastpass or lightning lane or whatever they want us to call it now, one at a time. So I read that as at 7 am I can get a lighting lane return time for Big Thunder. Let's say the return time is for 8 am. I go to Big Thunder at 8, ride it, then I am free to select another lightning lane. I open the app, see Big Thunder has a return time of 830. Perfect. Select the lightning lane in the app, go to Big Thunder, ride it. Time to select a new lightning lane....and so on...and so on..... I'm just wondering why people are stuck on this once per ride. Could people be confusing it with the Individual Attraction Selection in which you can only have 2 selections per day and only ride those rides once (which is already the case, or was at least when boarding groups were needed for Rise and you could only have 1 boarding group per day). We were Fastpass and Maxpass pros, and to me it seems like Genie+ is exactly like Maxpass, at least according to the official Disney releases.

I don't know that Disney will ever put it in writing on their website, just like hundreds of other things they have never confirmed/denied in writing. But the 1 Genie+ reservation per attraction per day has been reported for over a week by some pretty trusted sources and is just now being echoed by bloggers and vloggers.

The good news is that you've got time between now and April to see what's true and what is false about how Genie+ works. Give it a couple weeks after the bloggers try it out and report first hand experiences.

How is it supposed to be better than the previous offering when:

1. it’s a paid application,already offering less value than the prior system
2. not everyone of financial means can afford genie. Meaning disney has now created a class/tier system amongst guests. So people who don’t buy it can go to the steerage quarters and row? How isn’t it going to create animosity amongst people.

Let’s say Disney gets 70-80% participation…they haven’t solved/fixed the core problem. Too many people not enough attractions.

might as well just get rid of lightning lanes and just keep stand by only lines.

it’s a lose lose situation…sure Disney will make money but piss people off at the same time.

these are the reasons im judging it in advance of the release
Disney has long had a class/tier system. Think of all the VIP tours and pay for special extras that are offered. They are just adding a layer to their tiered cake to gain more $$. We will have to wait until after the 19th launch to see how much of an impact it makes to us peasants.

So do you get another LL pass after two hours if the Ride u have booked is over two hours away?
also what happens if the next available genie plus slot is at a time u have a individual attraction booked

2E1DB29D-B9BF-4F51-8F12-3B52081E472E.png
Seems like confirmation?

Attachments

• 20CE41B8-D135-487A-A3BC-13FC4B8086EE.png
    20CE41B8-D135-487A-A3BC-13FC4B8086EE.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 12

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter