Genie +

Max Headroom

Earning My Ears
Our trip in June 22 was quite enlightening, Disney was totally different experience this trip. Crowds were massive (Never again in June!), but wait times were generally +45 mins on most rides without utilising Genie+. I really feel the experience has now taken a turn for the worse. Sadly, I can't see it getting any better either ....what an awful (and expensive) routine it is now. Will it improve?

We bought 10 days non-expiry tickets years ago and still have 5 days left, cost us the $750 for the two, on the news out there they are putting up the price for 1 day at MK to $189 p/day for each adult. Add that to the debacle that is the Genie+ system and surely they are going to see a backlash ( especially from UK with exchange rate), bit cloudy last day in am so we went to premium outlets which was virtually empty !!! normally awash with brits when its cloudy.

Now Chapek is out and Iger back in there might be a tiny glimmer of hope on the horizon.

If he simply drops park reservations I'm back in for 2024.

Now Chapek is out and Iger back in there might be a tiny glimmer of hope on the horizon.

Im booked for Sep 23 - just looking for Flights now. I hope Genie + gets sorted its a nightmare atm.

The catch is that they allow Disney to fill the parks more (and thus make more money), so I think they will remain until demand drops back to the point they rarely fill them (mainly MK of course).
Similar with G+. I can't see any Disney senior execs just dropping a cash machine because a few people don't like it.
Until demand falls back I can't see things changing much, and even then any alterations will be aimed at bolstering demand, so the crowds/queues won't really reduce.

OTOH, if what they've done so far has really upset enough people, demand might fall off a cliff next year (in which case they will already be looking at data that shows that is happening as bookings will be down and cancellations up).

Genie is a bad product I think, I was given it for free last stay for one day due to a room issue, I was shocked how bad it is and you can only use it once per ride. I am not sure what I was expecting...but even for free I was not impressed, If I had paid for it I think I would have been very frustrated.
I see over Thanksgiving it is now $29.99 - Mad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter