• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Geocaching

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
So A few years ago I learned about Geocaching. I found 1 near an animal shelter and have looked for more but no success at the places I looked. Has anyone geocached? I'm curious of what people found. I try to look for the bigger geocaches that have items in them, and not too many of the small micro ones. It's always fun to get something (and leave something).

The first geocache I found I found a Doc McStuffin sticker and a few erasers. I left a hand made bracelet and a quarter in it's place. :) i'm curious if any one took the bracelet i left in 2013. lol. It was a pill bottle in a tree.

I've tried letterboxing which is very similar to geocaching. I made my own Dinosaur stamp and found a couple. It got annoying to find caches that were waterlogged and not maintained though. Or just straight up missing. I'm thinking about trying geocaching again though. I think the ones that have stories or mystery clues sound fun to try.

I've tried letterboxing which is very similar to geocaching. I made my own Dinosaur stamp and found a couple. It got annoying to find caches that were waterlogged and not maintained though. Or just straight up missing. I'm thinking about trying geocaching again though. I think the ones that have stories or mystery clues sound fun to try.
We love letterboxing in PA. We have found so many and even when we travel into other states we look them up before we go.... maybe we should put one on CC :)

We use to geocache a lot a few years ago but now mostly just do it as an extra activity on vacation. The rain kept getting in the way here. The last time we did it was in Hawaii in September. We try to find at least one cache every vacation.

One of our geocoins made it all the way to Hungry and it was cool to track it but then either it got lost or never moved again. Most of the seem to get lost. :(

DH and I used to go geocaching a lot, but haven't done it in a few years now. It was a lot of fun when we did it though.

My sister & her husband do geocaching all the time. They take a couple of big trips each year (planned around where caches are).

She's dubbed me a "mobile cache". I have a coin, and, if anyone, anywhere starts talking about caching, I'm to say "I have a geocoin, do you want to discover it?" Then they can register when & where they "found" it.

LuvOfDisney, are you saying that you're sort of just stumbling across the caches? I always thought that geocaching was sort of a cross between orienteering and puzzle solving. Have I been THAT mistaken?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter