Get in Shape & Lose Weight for August 2014 Group

I think I ran faster today then I have yet. That's what happens when a thunderstorm rolls in sooner then you expected. :) By the time I made it to shelter on my front porch I could feel my heart beating through my whole body.

I think I ran faster today then I have yet. That's what happens when a thunderstorm rolls in sooner then you expected. :) By the time I made it to shelter on my front porch I could feel my heart beating through my whole body.

Oh my! Lol were you using map my run?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh my! Lol were you using map my run? Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I don't have a gps on me so I can only use map my run on my lap top. I started out at my normal pace but that last 1/2 mile or so I really kicked it up a notch. Fear is a great motivator. :)

I did the 30 day shred today. It wasn't pretty. I prefer running 1000000 miles instead.....

2 days in a row of fitness. 0 days of ideal eating :)

Helloooooo Ladies!

I have been MIA for a bit. I was in Maine for two weeks, vacationing with my extended family at our old cottage on a lake. Very nostalgic :goodvibes

But also very sedentary! I had all the best intentions: I brought my exercise ball, hand weights, running shoes and had lots of strength training exercises lined up. I ran one day, but only 2.5 miles, and wrenched my knee a bit. I did my strength-training circuit, but only once. LOL! On a positive note, I had loads of fun with my dad, step-mom, brother and his GF. Plus my kids were there for one week and they had fun (mostly going for ice cream and fudge!).

We drove home Saturday and I didn't go back to the gym until this morning, as I had an appointment with my personal trainer. Luckily, the warm-up on the treadmill seemed to loosen up my knee, so I had no issues during the session (other than feeling like a bowl full of jelly the whole time).

I won't get back on the scale until Friday, but I purposely brought shorts with non-elastic waistbands, so I could "check in" that way. I feel like I got mushy and probably put on a few pounds, but I'm back on the wagon now. Made my brown rice Sunday and roasted some vegetables on the grill tonight.

18 more days for me! :woohoo:

Good work getting back on the wagon. Sounds like you had a nice vacation!

Hi All Went and saw the doc last week and she put me on new anti-inflamotory pills, but my pharmist says they are basically the same if not wekaer then what I am already taking:confused3 so not sure why. Didn't get a shot:thumbsup2 but she said if I come back I will be:sad2: and wants me to do physiotherapthy so I will start that soon as I am already going for my feet.
I have decided that I am going to get back to walking as doing nothing is worse in my opinnion.. if this problem is going to be cronic then getting the shot isn't going to help in the long run, it will just mask it which I don't like at all.
So Disney in 21 days:dance3: will help and i will save my hip for that as planned but in the meantime go for small walks on my TC but not climb and get back to the stretches like my physio wants me to do.

Helloooooo Ladies!

I have been MIA for a bit. I was in Maine for two weeks, vacationing with my extended family at our old cottage on a lake. Very nostalgic :goodvibes

But also very sedentary! I had all the best intentions: I brought my exercise ball, hand weights, running shoes and had lots of strength training exercises lined up. I ran one day, but only 2.5 miles, and wrenched my knee a bit. I did my strength-training circuit, but only once. LOL! On a positive note, I had loads of fun with my dad, step-mom, brother and his GF. Plus my kids were there for one week and they had fun (mostly going for ice cream and fudge!).

We drove home Saturday and I didn't go back to the gym until this morning, as I had an appointment with my personal trainer. Luckily, the warm-up on the treadmill seemed to loosen up my knee, so I had no issues during the session (other than feeling like a bowl full of jelly the whole time).

I won't get back on the scale until Friday, but I purposely brought shorts with non-elastic waistbands, so I could "check in" that way. I feel like I got mushy and probably put on a few pounds, but I'm back on the wagon now. Made my brown rice Sunday and roasted some vegetables on the grill tonight.

18 more days for me! :woohoo:

I think being relaxed is a great help too as you don't feel the stress of the environment around you so even though you didn't do as much you body proably only responded with lossing the musule you had built up. What a great idea for buying clothes:thumbsup2

I did the 30 day shred today. It wasn't pretty. I prefer running 1000000 miles instead.....

2 days in a row of fitness. 0 days of ideal eating :)

What is the 30 day shred???

30 day shred is a Jillian thing i believe. I have the dvd and have done phase 1 a few times.

Today was my last day at my current job so big emotional roller coaster this week. I have hr paperwork for the new job tomorrow, so I'll have 3 1/2 days to decompress a little before starting my new job Monday. I think Friday may be a trip walking around the zoo with the kids. I should probably do something more productive, but I don't feel like it :)

30 day shred is a Jillian thing i believe. I have the dvd and have done phase 1 a few times. Today was my last day at my current job so big emotional roller coaster this week. I have hr paperwork for the new job tomorrow, so I'll have 3 1/2 days to decompress a little before starting my new job Monday. I think Friday may be a trip walking around the zoo with the kids. I should probably do something more productive, but I don't feel like it :)

Congratulations on the new chapter!

I did my run / walk today. 3 days fitness......0 healthy eating days ( I almost made it and then failed around 9pm emotional episode....)

30 day shred is a Jillian thing i believe. I have the dvd and have done phase 1 a few times.

Today was my last day at my current job so big emotional roller coaster this week. I have hr paperwork for the new job tomorrow, so I'll have 3 1/2 days to decompress a little before starting my new job Monday. I think Friday may be a trip walking around the zoo with the kids. I should probably do something more productive, but I don't feel like it :)

Enjoy the time with the kids as this new journey begins it will bring a WHOLE new set of stressors;) and learning curve. Plus the zoo will get you in tune with walking around AK:banana:

I did my run / walk today. 3 days fitness......0 healthy eating days ( I almost made it and then failed around 9pm emotional episode....)

That is great for fitness embrace it and remember that today is a new day:woohoo:

August 1st! I can't believe it!

I know, only 2 weeks from tomorrow!

Went for a run this morning and while crossing the bridge in town I looked out over the river and saw a doe and her two babies. I stopped running and took in the moment. Sometimes you just have to stop running and watch the doe.

Sometimes you just have to stop running and watch the doe.

Words to live by!

Crazy week last week: I set my cell phone down on the hood of my car while I untied my key from my shoelace (after walking the dog in a part of town with sidewalks) and drove off with it still on the hood. Forgot about it completely until I watched it slide along the windshield and off the roof! Watched it smash on the road in my rear view mirror!!

Luckily I have insurance, so I got my replacement phone via overnight mail ($99 deductible).

However, yesterday while visiting my aunt, I dropped the new phone in the toilet! :sad:

What a bunch of bonehead moves on my part. Feeling super klutzy. But, I took the phone apart and put all the pieces in a bowl of rice overnight. Today, I'm happy to report that my phone is working fine. Geez louise!

I'm going to buy a waterproof case today.

Oh, and I was up 2 pounds at my weigh-in on Friday, which I was fine with. I went to the gym twice last week and I walked the dog twice for 1.25 miles each time.

Looking to get to the gym 4 times this week and to journal my food every day.

12 more days til Disney! pixiedust:

Good luck to the rest of you this week!

Hi! 10 more days!

I dunked my phone once. I was in a chair on the backyard enjoying a bonfire and my phone slipped off my lap into my glass on the ground. I didn't take it apart, but stuck it in a Tupperware with rice and saved it. It's such a sinking feeling.

I spent a good part of last weekend saving my laptops from adware/virus. Both of them. Not sure if it's due to kids or DH. The one I use for web design got it the worst. Had to ask my nephew for help (going for IT degree)

I've been stressed about new job, but it's been going well the last couple of days. I hold my stress in my tummy, so anything I eat has been just sitting in there. I have been doing some exercise at night, but mostly strengthening type stuff rather than aerobics. I'm going to go for a walk when I get back home tonight.

I'm a little disappointed I didn't lose more weight before the trip, but I've gone into acceptance phase. It's better than I was and feel better than I did. I'm so looking forward to this trip. And swimming.. usually we put up a pool in the summer but it's been too cool this summer to do so. I don't swim in 75 degree water. LOL! And I find myself thinking about a routine after we get back and that's major! Has anyone thought about where theyre going to "go" after their trip for exercise support? Another thread here? I'd like to keep going..

Hope everyone enjoys their trip. I'd like to meet some of you, but my schedule's pretty packed. Is anyone part of the Facebook group? Twitter or Instagram?

Hi! 10 more days! I dunked my phone once. I was in a chair on the backyard enjoying a bonfire and my phone slipped off my lap into my glass on the ground. I didn't take it apart, but stuck it in a Tupperware with rice and saved it. It's such a sinking feeling. I spent a good part of last weekend saving my laptops from adware/virus. Both of them. Not sure if it's due to kids or DH. The one I use for web design got it the worst. Had to ask my nephew for help (going for IT degree) I've been stressed about new job, but it's been going well the last couple of days. I hold my stress in my tummy, so anything I eat has been just sitting in there. I have been doing some exercise at night, but mostly strengthening type stuff rather than aerobics. I'm going to go for a walk when I get back home tonight. I'm a little disappointed I didn't lose more weight before the trip, but I've gone into acceptance phase. It's better than I was and feel better than I did. I'm so looking forward to this trip. And swimming.. usually we put up a pool in the summer but it's been too cool this summer to do so. I don't swim in 75 degree water. LOL! And I find myself thinking about a routine after we get back and that's major! Has anyone thought about where theyre going to "go" after their trip for exercise support? Another thread here? I'd like to keep going.. Hope everyone enjoys their trip. I'd like to meet some of you, but my schedule's pretty packed. Is anyone part of the Facebook group? Twitter or Instagram?

10 days for me too! Time is flowing by just right for me. Not too fast, not to slow.

My weight fluctuates about 3lbs. To be completely honest, I started my new life style back in January well before I found you all so I'm pretty much where I'm going to be. Trying to stick with the running/jogging and some extra stuff I throw in here and there. Been trying get myself into a plank/sit up/leg lift/ crunches routine. Doing it all at once sucks so I try to do it by grouping it together throughout the day. Would like to do some arm work so I don't get the flappy back arm but I keep forgetting.

I would love to have a thread for us to support each other after our trips. Just give me the link when you do.

Our schedule is really packed too so meeting would be hard for me. I am part of the Facebook group and on the Twitter group for August.

Last week I worked out M-F and this week I have done NOTHING. I started packing and packed all my workout clothes for park days......a great excuse to not work out!

I cannot wait- we leave for Florida Sat night/Sun morning about 1am. Spending a few days in south Florida and checking into Disney on Wednesday!!!!

Have great trips everyone! It will be so tough to get back into a routine with the Disney blues and the going back to work blues......but I fully intend to get back into a routine and not "let it go"

This is all so exciting. "We're almost there..."

I totally lost it this weekend. Had people over for DS's bday party and made some really good food. Does badmitten count as exercise? How about if you're playing while holding a wine cooler, lol!

So this week is a little first aid before the trip. I'm going to eat really lite, mostly fruits and veggies with chicken or fish. And try to get some exercise in. The bottom of my feet hurt a lot all of a sudden. Especially the heal. My bro said it was however you spell it planar faciatis. Told me to get a boot and sleep in it. That'll have to wait. Any suggestions how to help now? Besides good shoes? I saw online ibuprofen, ice packs, rolling on ball or cup.. Thanks

Aggggghhhh I've really fallen off the wagon! I think I've actually gone backwards over the last month. :eek: So I have 15 days until Disney. Of that I think I should be able to exercise 14 of those. IF I really try.

Today is the test. I have to see if I fit into my swim suit or not. :scared: I don't want to have to go swim suit shopping right now.

My DD had her birthday last week, the party was Saturday, I only had 1 slice of cake, but I've had roughly 6 rice crispy treats. But really, I can handle that. The issue is I don't feel well, my muscles are tight, and my back is sore. I need to get back to taking care of me. I will be held accountable. I will do something everyday.

I plan to have a solid workout each day and then I'm sure I'll at least feel like my body will be able to handle the pace of a Disney trip. And at 35*C today I think I can use the heat to practice for FL too! :thumbsup2

I can do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter