Getting a little worried about sleeping on a double bed

MaC410

DIS Veteran
So my wife and I are taking our second ever disney trip. Our first was for our honeymoon. We went all out and stayed at a deluxe resort. Yes it was a great stay but we quickly found out we are the types of people who don't spend any time at the resort except to sleep.

For our next trip we don't want to spend nearly as much money on the resort as we spent on our honeymoon. To be honest we want to spend as little as possible on the resort. Even staying at a moderate seems too pricey with how little we use the resort for. So we know it's not the cheapest value resort but we currently have a little mermaid room at the Art of Animation booked and we are very very happy with the price.

I'm starting to get a little worried though about our comfort on a double bed. I know families stay at value resorts all the time and adults must sleep on these beds together all the time but I can't shake this feeling. We don't want to pay any more just for a place to sleep at night but we also don't want to be uncomfortable to the point we can't sleep at night.

Am I worrying about nothing?

You can put a request for a King bed on the reservation. It's just a request, but they do have some.

We wouldn't do a value because we can't sleep on a double bed. We slept on my son's double bed once because the AC wasn't working in our room and it was very uncomfortable. I like my space when I sleep. I can't imagine doing that for more than one night in a necessary situation. We have a queen and at times that gets a bit too small.

When you want to turn over you just have to get out of bed, turn your body and then re-enter at the right angle. :cool1:

I will say since you are planning to be on the go go go - by time you get to bed you will likely be so tired you'll pass out.
I also suggest requesting a King room, maybe you'll win the lottery and get one.
And if it gets really bad and uncomfortable ... you each have a bed to use.
Or you can price out a moderate and see .....
Look at the CBR thread. Looks like until end of year you will get $75 gift card per night for the construction.
If you can pick up a decent priced room (queen or king) and take that $75 off, you'll be in value price range.

We have stayed at the Value Resorts many times and always enjoy our stay. With that said, the only thing we really don't like about the Values in the double beds. They are small and uncomfortable. We also used to be the family that refused to spend money on a moderate or deluxe because we were only in the room to sleep and shower/get dressed. Then one trip my DH had finally decided he couldn't stand the beds anymore and told me were never staying at a Value again. I must admit - even a queen bed feels so much better than a Value double. We have actually since stayed at ASMu in a family suite which gives my DH and I a larger bed and my son doesn't mind the sofa bed. But . . . I have now been spoiled with moderates and deluxe resorts. If it came down to the option of staying at a Value vs. not going to WDW at all, then I would absolutely stay at a Value. Since we have branched out and stayed moderates and, especially deluxe, resorts the way we vacation at WDW has changed. We no longer feel like we have to race around the parks trying to get as much done as we can. We still get up early for rope drop but we are much more likely now to head back to the resort to have a drink and enjoy the resort itself, eat at the restaurants at the resort, enjoy the pool, etc. I will add that my DH and I are in our 40's and 50's so I'm sure it doesn't take as much to make us uncomfortable in one of those double beds as it would someone younger.

We have been taking a look into the moderates but only to give us some ideas for when discounts eventually come out for our travel dates. We aren't going until the first week of December but will all the construction going on at CSR and CBR affect possible discounts being offered in the future at the moderates?

Last edited:

If its just the two of you there are 2 beds!

The beds suck in my opinion. No way around that. Deluxe and even the mods have much more comfortable beds to me. Most of the mods are close to the prices as the AOA mermaid rooms.

We have been taking a look into the moderates but only to give us some ideas for when discounts eventually come out for our travel dates. We aren't going until the first week of December but will all the construction going on at CSR and CBR affect possible discounts being offered in the future at the moderates?

Both are entering a couple of years of construction. My guess until it's all done there will continue to be plenty of discounts to keep them full.

After, no one knows how they will be impacted. CSR Tower will be pricey and maybe the villages will go up to stay in range.
CBR, who knows because the type of lodging that tower will be is not a sure bet. But I would imagine it will be a separate resort.

CBR is already offering $75 gift cards per night until at least the end of the year because their food services is part of the construction and
lots of construction will be right next to main pool. But it's only worth it if you don't mind.

Look at the Swan or Dolphin. Talk about comfortable beds. They win hands down! They are usually closer to the mod price and you can't bet the location. I know you don't get all the Disney benefits but you still get FP+. You don't have DME so take that into account and if you drive you have to pay to park but they have the best beds (in my opinion).

Both are entering a couple of years of construction. My guess until it's all done there will continue to be plenty of discounts to keep them full.

After, no one knows how they will be impacted. CSR Tower will be pricey and maybe the villages will go up to stay in range.
CBR, who knows because the type of lodging that tower will be is not a sure bet. But I would imagine it will be a separate resort.

CBR is already offering $75 gift cards per night until at least the end of the year because their food services is part of the construction and
lots of construction will be right next to main pool. But it's only worth it if you don't mind.

How exactly does that $75 a night gift card thing work at CBR? If I go online right now and change my reservation to CBR will I eventually be notified about getting that gift card deal?

How exactly does that $75 a night gift card thing work at CBR? If I go online right now and change my reservation to CBR will I eventually be notified about getting that gift card deal?

Folks are reporting emails but not sure all the timing since some are from old reservations and some new.
Best to go on the CBR thread and catch up.
They are reporting it through end of year.
Probably someone has posted their email wording.

This is what it says on website.
As a result of the dining and marketplace closures in May, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, issued at check-in beginning May 1, 2017. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit disneygiftcard.com.

Folks are reporting emails but not sure all the timing since some are from old reservations and some new.
Best to go on the CBR thread and catch up.
They are reporting it through end of year.
Probably someone has posted their email wording.

This is what it says on website.
As a result of the dining and marketplace closures in May, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay, issued at check-in beginning May 1, 2017. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit disneygiftcard.com.

Oh wow I didn't even realize it said it right there on the site. I see that now. That makes me feel a bit better about changing and getting the deal. Thank you!

Oh wow I didn't even realize it said it right there on the site. I see that now. That makes me feel a bit better about changing and getting the deal. Thank you!

I would screen shot that and print it out. Later in the year that may disappear and you want to have all your paperwork.

I don't think it's a big deal. My husband and I had a double bed in our home when we first got married because we couldn't afford to upgrade to our current queen until a couple of years later. It's obviously not a huge amount of space, but it's totally adequate. I think you're over-worrying. :)

I was so exhausted at the end of our long park days, I think I could have slept on the ground and been fine.

I thought the bed was very comfortable. I did have one to myself, though. My kids shared the other one.

So my wife and I are taking our second ever disney trip. Our first was for our honeymoon. We went all out and stayed at a deluxe resort. Yes it was a great stay but we quickly found out we are the types of people who don't spend any time at the resort except to sleep.

For our next trip we don't want to spend nearly as much money on the resort as we spent on our honeymoon. To be honest we want to spend as little as possible on the resort. Even staying at a moderate seems too pricey with how little we use the resort for. So we know it's not the cheapest value resort but we currently have a little mermaid room at the Art of Animation booked and we are very very happy with the price.

I'm starting to get a little worried though about our comfort on a double bed. I know families stay at value resorts all the time and adults must sleep on these beds together all the time but I can't shake this feeling. We don't want to pay any more just for a place to sleep at night but we also don't want to be uncomfortable to the point we can't sleep at night.

Am I worrying about nothing?

We WON'T.
Double bed doesn't work for us. I would stay home and save longer before I will sleep in a double bed.

We booked a moderate (and got upgraded) for just that reason. There are 3 of us going and I had no desire to sleep in a double bed with DH. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter