Getting a reservation???

Mary2e

DIS Veteran
After a rough couple of years, excluding covid, we want to visit Disney again. Our last trip was Jan 2020 and we stayed in the cabins with a small dog.

We want to go again sometime in Dec or Jan and rent an RV again, but spots seem to be sold out completely. Ditto for the cabins, plus, they're over $400 per night, plus the $50 dog fee, and well, I'm not willing to spend that much for a cabin. Are they operating at full capacity yet?

Any hints you can offer?

They are open to capacity as far as all we all can tell. December is rough due to Christmas and January is booked due to a Marathon.

Your only options are:
  • Stay persistent and check often
  • Use a travel agent such as Dreams Unlimited (they sponsor the boards)
  • Try to book for shorter than what you want and then try to book a separate reservation for the rest later if availability changes. Then call Disney and get them to merge the reservations.
I will say sometimes that it ends up being near the same price to go with a cabin vs renting an RV and then paying for the campsite on top of that.

Good luck!

They are open to capacity as far as all we all can tell. December is rough due to Christmas and January is booked due to a Marathon.

Your only options are:
  • Stay persistent and check often
  • Use a travel agent such as Dreams Unlimited (they sponsor the boards)
  • Try to book for shorter than what you want and then try to book a separate reservation for the rest later if availability changes. Then call Disney and get them to merge the reservations.
I will say sometimes that it ends up being near the same price to go with a cabin vs renting an RV and then paying for the campsite on top of that.

Good luck!

Especially if all you can get is a meadows premium.

I keep looking. We would love a preferred site near the marina. We loved it there. We also realize that renting an RV is nearly the same cost as a cabin, but that $50 daily pet fee is what is killing us (on principle).

I'm truly shocked at the prices the rooms are going for. I tried the week after new year and the little available is also very expensive - and it's normally very inexpensive at that time.

I'll just keep looking and crossing fingers.

I'll just keep looking and crossing fingers.

There is that, or you could try a more extreme approach.
d633cca2-e244-4ad7-8a31-d3ba0e0b9d5b_text.gif

Being persistent is best advice we can offer. The place is just too small and campsites are now especially in too high a demand. As the time gets closer you might find a last minute cancelation. If that fails...

9aca775e-f81c-42a5-ad2f-79144a564a25_text.gif

Maybe Jobu can find Mary2e campsite?

giphy.gif

I gave up for either a campsite or a cabin. Cabins are available for my dates, but the prices are obscene - as in over $500 a night plus the pet fee. I'm staying at the Grand Cypress in a suite with a kitchenette with breakfast included for far less money, and frankly, a nicer hotel.

We love the fort, but not at those prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter