• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting back to Pop Century after Hoop De Doo?

choover2576

Mouseketeer
We are planning on going to WDW at Christmas time and expect all modes of transportation to be crowded. However, I was thinking that since we plan on going back to Pop after Hoop De Doo, that it might be quicker/easier to take the bus to Disney Springs and then catch a Pop bus rather than go back to MK and take a bus from there?

Does that sound like a good strategy? Thanks!!

Are you doing the last HDD show? If so they will provide transportation directly to your resort!
I wasn't planning on it, but for that reason alone I might! That's why I love this board and don't think I would have found that out otherwise. Thanks Ashmarie06!!

from some posts they have been taking guests to MK to get buses back to resorts. but if you decide to go to Disney Springs the bus for there means taking internal bus to other side of campground to get the bus for there, meaning 2 buses. the walk to where you would get the DS bus is about a mile if you decide to skip the internal bus

Are you doing the last HDD show? If so they will provide transportation directly to your resort!

I thought they have stopped doing this.
As long as the MK is still open, and at Christmas it likely would be, they are busing all guests from FW to MK as the transfer point to resorts after HDDR.
Has this changed again?

We went to HDDR in September of 2015, we were in the last show and caught a bus to Pop Century. It also went to AoA. I'm not sure if things have changed since then!

from some posts they have been taking guests to MK to get buses back to resorts. but if you decide to go to Disney Springs the bus for there means taking internal bus to other side of campground to get the bus for there, meaning 2 buses. the walk to where you would get the DS bus is about a mile if you decide to skip the internal bus
We did this 2 years ago and we were going back to Port Orleans French Quarter and it still took us forever! The line to get the boat from DS to POFQ was so long, so we went to the buses and that took long too. Never again.

We will stick to taking the boat back to MK and then get our resort bus from there. Most of the time, after HDDR we like going to MK afterwards until closing. But like others have said, after the 3rd show, there should be resort buses to take you back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter