Getting Crown package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

alamode

Mouseketeer
Just finished listening to the email show, and was wondering what others thought of my situation.

My twin 6 year old girls are bringing their Haloween costumes, Belle and Cinderella dresses from the Disney store (each around $100) so they can wear them for our character dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella. I thought it would be nice to have their hair, nails etc done at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, so I booked the Crown package for the two of them at 9:30 am, and for my 10 year old son, a pirate's league appointement so he's not left out.

After listening to the email show, I'm a bit worried that the girls might be upset at others getting "the full treatment". I can't really afford to spend $400 plus on everything. Do you think this could be an issue if they are already wearing their "proness dresses"?

Thanks.

Just finished listening to the email show, and was wondering what others thought of my situation.

My twin 6 year old girls are bringing their Haloween costumes, Belle and Cinderella dresses from the Disney store (each around $100) so they can wear them for our character dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella. I thought it would be nice to have their hair, nails etc done at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, so I booked the Crown package for the two of them at 9:30 am, and for my 10 year old son, a pirate's league appointement so he's not left out.

After listening to the email show, I'm a bit worried that the girls might be upset at others getting "the full treatment". I can't really afford to spend $400 plus on everything. Do you think this could be an issue if they are already wearing their "proness dresses"?

Thanks.

I really don't think it will be a problem. I've taken my niece 3 times to do BBB and have never gotten the whole package with the costume. She gets her hair, make-up and nails done and LOVES the experience and I don't think she even noticed the other girls getting the dresses. The first time we went I knew she would not wear the costume, she was in a "everything is itchy" phase and would only wear cotton sundresses or a cotton tee and shorts. No way I was paying $200 for an outfit she would only wear 5 minutes. The next year she had her own Jasmine costume that she loved and wore that. The last time she had this bright pink sparkly dress that she wanted to wear. I never told her she could even get a costume and it was never an issue. Especially since your girls already have dresses I don't see it being a problem. I just can't even tell you how much my niece and I loved the BBB experience, it was very special and magical each time. :cloud9:

Personally I think your daughters should be happy with the hair, nails etc. In my opinion, if you can't afford the more expensive package, it shouldn't even be an option. If you really are affraid it would be an issues, I would skip the BBB experience all together and do a fancy hairdo in your hotel room...this way they will feel special without the drama. I doubt they would really know the difference.

My daughter will be visiting Disney in her $10 Tinkerbell costume from Disney that was discounted because it was missing the wings. She has no idea that there is a bigger and better option, but she doesn't need to because she will feel special with what her Dad and I could afford!

Thanks everyone. I'm sure the girls will be fine just getting their hair, nails etc done, I just never thought of what was said on the podcast.

As I am a single Dad, I already take the girls to a nail salon regularly, and they just got their first ever haircuts on Saturday. Their hair was half way down thier backs, but extremely tangled, so now they have shoulder length cuts. It's scary how much they look like their Mom withy their hair cut.

Brendan will be getting the full "pirate's league" package, but only because he was Darth Vader for Haloween. Hopefully he will be able to fit into a costume, as he is a large kid for 9.

I thought it would be a nice suprise for the kids for our first full day at WDW.

Thanks everyone. I'm sure the girls will be fine just getting their hair, nails etc done, I just never thought of what was said on the podcast.

As I am a single Dad, I already take the girls to a nail salon regularly, and they just got their first ever haircuts on Saturday. Their hair was half way down thier backs, but extremely tangled, so now they have shoulder length cuts. It's scary how much they look like their Mom withy their hair cut.

Brendan will be getting the full "pirate's league" package, but only because he was Darth Vader for Haloween. Hopefully he will be able to fit into a costume, as he is a large kid for 9.

I thought it would be a nice suprise for the kids for our first full day at WDW.

I'm so glad you decided to do BBB, believe me, your girls will love it!

There will be Photopass photographers there taking pictures of the girls while they are getting their treatment, but be sure to bring your own camera too, I got some great shots and the LOOK on their face when they turn their chair around to face the mirror....totally priceless!

I had this issue last year, my daughter was 5 at the time. I wanted to bring her to BBB but I really didn't want to/could afford to do the package with dress etc. The year before we had brought the $65 Cinderella dress which she wore for 3 hours at CRT and has been hanging in her closet ever since.

She asked if she could do the package with the dress and I said "I don't think its worth it, rememeber cindy"

What we did was the $50 package, she got tons of pictures and even went to the DTD picture place (can't think) and got more pictures. What I did end up doing was buying a beautiful cotton sundress with Tink on it from World of Disney which was $25 (more than I would usually spend) and explained that this would be better as she could actually wear it to school, which she did. She wore this dress ALL summer and looked beautiful.

Good luck, I know its hard to be fair and give our kids treats without not only spoiling them but also staying within our budgets.

:cheer2:

the LOOK on their face when they turn their chair around to face the mirror....totally priceless!

As mentioned earlier, the girls got their first ever haircuts on Saturday. Ciara called me over after the "turn and reveal" for the haircut, and said she felt like a contestant from "What Not to Wear". She then asked me when Carmindy was coming out to do her makeup.

Can you tell I'm in trouble already?:love:

I think your Girls will have a great experence with the BBB package you have.
When we took my neices (5 and 7 at the time) and they wore their dresses and did the hair/make up/nails. The 5 year old asked the 7 year old why some girls were getting dresses or did not have one and the seven year old told her she guessed that they forgot to bring their own princess dresses or they were not allowed to put them until after lunch.:confused3 (messy eaters?)

Have a fantastic time seeing your little girls turned into Princesses and your little guy a Pirate! (watch out..the Pirate League is a lot of fun too...you just might want to have a family of Pirates next time!)

I ALWAYS bring our costume from home. We have been 3 times with our daughter, had each of the 3 hairstyles they offer at both locations. Don't worry, they will fluff her and put more glitter on her clothes. She will LOVE it. :)

We've never done BBB - but I've read so many posts from people that bring the outfits from home (you can get deals on ebay or other places) and people have posted that the CM's at BBB will put the outfits in the dressing area for you and the little girl still gets the whole experience of getting dressed in the outfit. (I like the explanation that the others must have forgotten their dresses at home!)

Last year when I took my niece down I brought her Belle dress with me. She changed before we went into BBB and looked just like a princess when she was having her hair, nails and makeup done. I plan on doing the same with my niece, her sister this year. You don't have to get the big package they will enjoy the time there no matter what they are wearing. Have a great time!!

Thanks.

I was a FGIT at BBB-MK and you will be surprised at the amount of girls that bring their dresses or don't wear any at all. With the current economy, more and more are bringing their own dress, especially if you have multiple princesses!!

Some tips for you that might have been mentioned already..??

1. You don't have to get the castle package to get the dress. They can do the dress, shoes, crown, and wand all as add-ons. When you add it all up, the photos end up being for free with the Castle Package.

2. If you decide in the end to bring your own dresses, ask the girls at the podium when you check in and they will take the dresses and set them up in the fitting room for you (as if you were buying the dresses). I've set up many dresses that families brought from home..everything down to their own princess shoes. Don't be afraid to ask!!

3. In the show, they said they were unsure of the price differences of the Castle packages. Some of the dresses and shoes range in price. When I left in May 2009 (I'm a seasonal CM), they shoes were either $18 or $28 and I'm not sure of the dresses. I know the bride one that they had was $80 and the others were maybe $50 or $60 so that is where you get the price changes. I hope that helps!!

With the Crown you will get: Hair + hair accessories: Fairytale gets the tiara + hidden mickey; Diva get's the fake hair and 2 mickey bobby pins; and Pop gets the fake hair and 4 colored mickey clips, make up pallet, face jewels, and a choice of 2 nail polishes or a 2nd set of fake nails ( go for the polish, the fake nails don't last too long!). Some FGITs will put the comb in the bag as well and when I left we were giving princess stickers as well!

Don't be afraid to ask the girls at the podium if you have any questions. They will know prices of everything and will be able to help you!

Let me know if you have any other questions!!!

I was worried that my dds wouldn't wear the dresses from there because they are particuliar about things being itchy so I made them dresses and they wore those. They still had a wonderful experience, they did comment on the various dresses they have in the waiting area, but were happy to be in dresses (and shoes) they knew were comfortable.

Emily

Your question (as well as all of these great responses) was perfectly timed for me. We are taking our 8 year old niece to the BBB in August and I was planning on just doing the hair/nails since I think an 8 year old might feel a little "big" for the dress. But I know she will love the hair and nails.

After listening to the podcast, I started to think that maybe I should go for the full package. But after all of this feedback, I think I will just stick with the hair, etc. and plan to add on anything that we think we might "need" at the last minute.

We are doing BBB in DL next month. Honestly, we already have all the princess dresses and matching shoes. There is no reason to duplicate something we already have. My daughter has chosen the princess she wants to be and we will pack the dress. I don't think it's a big deal at all.

As a side note at DL they will let you do the crown package and add on the picture session to be added to your photopass card for $30. I don't know if they let you do this in WDW or not. But it was a great option for us since we wanted the full treatment except for the new costume.

As a side note at DL they will let you do the crown package and add on the picture session to be added to your photopass card for $30. I don't know if they let you do this in WDW or not. But it was a great option for us since we wanted the full treatment except for the new costume.

That would be a nice option. Hopefully they would charge me $30 for the twins, not $30 each.

Jessica is SO Cinderella crazy. She's the girly girl twin, always trying to please her Daddy. Ciara has the Belle dress, but she marches to her own drum. 6 going on 37. :)

Just going to chime in on agreeing with bringing the dress yourself. DD's first visit to WDW, she was only 4 and BBB in DTD was JUST opening. I brought her Cinderella costume that I had made for Halloween. She was soooo happy. The next trip, we booked it, but we were able to have her get the full thing with the costume, and I got the hair only package. We had a blast, and I let her pick out my hairdo. It was for MNSSHP so she chose orange and black fake hair for Mom and kept more princessy for herself. I had a black Tshirt with an orange DISign for the party so it worked.
The last trip, she brought her Giselle dress from home - they didn't have any Giselle so she felt pretty special. While it was great to get the costume, it has been good to make every trip different too.

All the FGIT are soooo awesome with the girls - it's the people who bring the magic, both FGIT's and your own family - not the "things".
:goodvibes

By all means, take the dresses. I took my DGD 2 years ago. At that time, they didn't have a dress that would fit her, so I made one that looked just like the dress the Cinderella wears. She thought I made it for her for Halloween (which I did) but she had no idea that I took it to WDW with us. Since this was surprise for her, while she was on a ride with her mom, I took the dress and shoes to the BBB in MK. They put it away until it was time for her appt. The look on her face when they opened up the dressing room and she saw 'her' dress was priceless. After she was dressed, they dolled her up and she was so cute. We didn't have pictures taken, because we were having dinner at CRT that evening and had pictures taken there. Cinderella and the Fairy God Mother complimented her on her dress and how she must have a Fairy God Mother of her own. For the rest of the evening, where ever we went, the Cast Members bowed to her and called her princess. It was a great time, and your girls will LOVE it. Have fun.

So funny, I actually just emailed them after listening to the show.
We have done the BBB two times with my daughter and I worried about the same thing but the big package just wasn't in the budget. What we did was purchased a Cinderella dress for 29.99 at DisneyStore.com and brought it with us. The fairygodmothers still got her dressed in the dressing room like the girls doing the deluxe package and my daughter was treated like a princess and didn't think a thin of it:thumbsup2
Lesley

My girl had the crown package for her birthday. We brought her dress with us. The FGM's are awesome. She loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter