• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting fit & losing weight before our next 2015 Disney trip!

It's been awhile! We've been back for a couple of weeks now and I haven't gotten completely out of vacation mode yet, but gradually getting back on track! I don't think I gained much on our trip, we did SO much walking (25-30k steps a day easily) and I tried to be somewhat mindful of how I ate. Not really depriving myself, but splitting entrees with DH or sharing desserts with my girls.

We've got another trip to see family next month, so I'll probably wait to start another long program until after we are back from that! In the meantime I've started browsing the Beachbody On Demand library and will probably just rotate random workouts, there are several I've been curious about so this will give me a way to test them out before I decide if I want to do a single program, or try another hybrid :) I'm also looking forward to Shaun T's new program Cize!

It's been awhile! We've been back for a couple of weeks now and I haven't gotten completely out of vacation mode yet, but gradually getting back on track! I don't think I gained much on our trip, we did SO much walking (25-30k steps a day easily) and I tried to be somewhat mindful of how I ate. Not really depriving myself, but splitting entrees with DH or sharing desserts with my girls.

We've got another trip to see family next month, so I'll probably wait to start another long program until after we are back from that! In the meantime I've started browsing the Beachbody On Demand library and will probably just rotate random workouts, there are several I've been curious about so this will give me a way to test them out before I decide if I want to do a single program, or try another hybrid :) I'm also looking forward to Shaun T's new program Cize!
Welcome back! Hope you had a great time. I use the Beach body online for that same reason. I've tried some different Tony Horton & Chalene Johnson from. No one is as good as Shaun T IMHO. I'm kinda bummed about his new series. I'm not coordinated enough to do dance workout videos without feeling ridiculous & getting aggravated. :)

If anyone is interested, they are having a summer sale right now. I scored my next series for about $40 off. Teambeachbody.com

Welcome back! Hope you had a great time. I use the Beach body online for that same reason. I've tried some different Tony Horton & Chalene Johnson from. No one is as good as Shaun T IMHO. I'm kinda bummed about his new series. I'm not coordinated enough to do dance workout videos without feeling ridiculous & getting aggravated. :)

If anyone is interested, they are having a summer sale right now. I scored my next series for about $40 off. Teambeachbody.com

Thanks! We did, it was such a great trip - I can't wait to go back!

I'm not the most coordinated either, I'm hoping it will help :) I've been meaning to try some of his hip hop abs stuff, maybe I'll throw one on tonight :) Shaun is my favorite as well. I do really like Chalene, but have mixed feelings on Tony & Autumn (I liked her better in 21DFX, than 21DF)

Checking in...Ugh, apparently I'm in a plateau again. I thought for sure with the amount of energy I'm expending doing Insanity Max 30 I'd lose right away. NOT! I've completed the 1st full week & I waffled pretty much all week with losing 2lbs, then gaining it right back. I'm on the gaining end of that see saw right now so no loss to report sadly. I really hope this breaks soon. Even a 1lb loss is motivating to me! This workout is good, but holy cow am I exhausted at the end of these. I just can't believe how physically drained I am. Proves it really works you I guess.

Where did everyone go? :)

Update on my progress...well, not much to report. I just finished week 5 of Insanity Max 30, which is week 1 of the 2nd level of the program. Holy cow is this thing hard! Every joint hurt at the end of the week, but I made it! I still really like this program even though I've never been so physically exhausted from an exercise program before & I keep floundering with the same 2lbs since I started. So net 0 loss for me still. I took measurements at the end of month 1 & I did lose 1 inch in my waist & another inch in my hips. Yes, that's progress...but still frustrating to me because the number just isn't going down & I know it is too high. I'm sticking with it though, not giving up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter