Getting from Disney Resorts to Seaworld

Diamondintheruff

<font color=magenta>Thinks she saw a flash!<br><fo
We'll be staying at POR without a vehicle and wanted to visit seaworld for a day. How much would a taxi be (there are 7 of us) or should we just rent a vehicle for the day?

My dad and I went to SeaWorld from AKL last February. We took a taxi, and roundtrip with tip cost us $70! Definintely hard to swallow that!! However, driving wasn't an option, and I was nervous about taking the city bus that goes from the TTT to SeaWorld. Now I am debating going to SeaWorld again on our trip in May. I really want to go, but that $70 will need to be found beforehand!

You could just get a Disney bus to the Ticket and Transportation center. Theen you hop on the LYNX 50 bus and it passes right by Seaworld (leaves you just outside the Seaworld carpark) its only $1.50 or something and they come fairly regular and run till late.

Try calling Mears. My friend and I used that to get from Allstar Music to Discovery Cove. It was $16 round trip each, or that might have been total. I'm not for sure. But it was $16. They picked us up in a taxi.

We're staying at the POP this May and reading this thread gets me wondering...I had mentioned wanting/having to go to Sea World to my travel agent and she said that it is no problem. I just looked at my itinerary and it says Sea World transfer fee hmmm...I wonder how I'm getting there???

Megan07 - Did you have to make that reservation well in advance, or were you able to call when you actually got down to Disney? $16 round trip - that is awesome!! Makes my $70 cab ride last year hurt even more! I did just check the Mears site, and it does list "attraction transfers" and shows SeaWorld, although they don't list prices.

Last time I went to Orlando in 2006, I did the Mears shuttle to Seaworld. Worked great on the drop off, didn't take long to get there and we might have stopped at another couple of resorts to pick up people but nothing that took long. It was about $16 and you only had to make the reservation about 24 hours ahead of time. The concierge at the Disney resorts can give more info. The return trip was kind of a pain. You call their number when you're ready to leave and they come and pick you up in 20 min. Unfortunately, there was a lot of us ready to go home and they didn't send enough vans. Eventually, we all got on something. It probably took an extra 20 min or so standing in the parking lot so nothing huge.

Has anyone taken the Mears shuttle lately? I'm curious if the $16.00 was for round trip & if it was total or each person. There will be two adults going.

We took the bus there last time but there is alot of hoping around. If it was $16.00 round trip for both of us, it would definately be worth it. We ended up having to take a taxi back because it was pouring rain & we didn't want to walk to the bus stop, that cost us almost $50.00 with tip, ouch!

Oh, that is a good point...is it $16 per person? If that is it, then for two people you might as well just catch a taxi outside of your resort and get one to leave at SeaWorld. Pretty much would work out to the same price.

Wait, I was confused....if it is $16 ROUND TRIP, even if that price was per person, for two people it would be half the price of a taxi. However, if you have 4 or more people in your group, then the taxi would be the same or less.

Wait, I was confused....if it is $16 ROUND TRIP, even if that price was per person, for two people it would be half the price of a taxi. However, if you have 4 or more people in your group, then the taxi would be the same or less.

Not trying to confuse you! It is still half the price of the taxi but, I'm not taking a taxi this next time. I was comparing it to the price of the bus.

$7.00 round trip for two people taking the bus compared to $16.00 round trip for two people taking Mears, wouldn't be too much extra.

But, if it's $16.00 per person for two people taking Mears, that would be $7.00 round trip for two people taking the bus compared to $32.00 round trip for two people taking Mears.

Yikes! This all sounds so confusing! :confused3

We're staying on Disney also and will need a couple of trips up to DC, SeaWorld and Universal, goodness knows my best option on this one then, so far the Mears one looks the best. And I just see the front desk at All Sports and they'll know more about this right?

For DC I'm imagining we'll have to grab a taxi, as we need to be there quite early, so for this one I may have to fork out the $70! :scared1:

Sorry - shameless bump...anyone know if I can see our front desk and sort something out?? Which is best for us, Mears or taxi?

If you have 7 people in your party like the OP then a taxi sounds like the better deal but if not Mears is great, plus you can get to SW or DC early, which is vital! Wasting time with Linx, unless you get up mega early is actually more expensive in the long run.

How's this for confusing...Mears has taxis. We wanted to use the Mears shuttle for a round trip to Universal Studios and knew to dial 0 from our phone at the Pop Century, and ask to be connected to Mears. When I got them, I ordered the shuttle which would cost about 16 dollars each but at the end of the call, the lady said it would be 60 dollars. For a Mears taxi :upsidedow . I repeated shuttle, the price went down and I was as usual, very happy with their service.

You pick from a list of times you would like to be picked up at your resort and you can either book in advance or call 1 hour before when you are ready to return. For Sea World they always dropped people off at the DC pick up point first before going to SW.

So, it's $16.00/person round-trip to use the Mears shuttle? There's been some confusion as to whether it's $16.00/person or $16.00 per group.

So for DH & I to go to SeaWorld it would cost us $32.00 round trip to take the Mears Shuttle?

Thanks for your help!

So, it's $16.00/person round-trip to use the Mears shuttle? There's been some confusion as to whether it's $16.00/person or $16.00 per group.

So for DH & I to go to SeaWorld it would cost us $32.00 round trip to take the Mears Shuttle?

Thanks for your help!

Glad I found this thread. I'm in the same situation. We're flying down.. a rental car isn't an option for us. We'll have a carseat checked for our transportation to SW... but I just can't figure out how to get there. 6 people, including one toddler in a carseat. Do I need to bring a carseat? What is the easiest and cheapest way for ALL of us to get there? Will SW hold my carseat for me while we're in the park?

It's about 16 dollars per person round trip. Perhaps if there are many in a group then a taxi would be cheaper but other than that I don't know. Try having a look over in the transportation board here on the Dis, I'm sure those folks will have the answer for you :thumbsup2 .

Tiffany Towncars $65.00 return van rate up to 10 persons

Just a little bit extra info, the Lynx bus now also picks up at DTD and a few stops along the way so it is a little easier depending on your resort, rather than the trek to the transportation centre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter