Getting from Disney Resorts to Seaworld

If you have seven people, can you really cram them into one taxi? Or are you talking about a taxi van?

Just a little bit extra info, the Lynx bus now also picks up at DTD and a few stops along the way so it is a little easier depending on your resort, rather than the trek to the transportation centre.

Do you know where exactly the bus stop is located at Downtown Disney? Also, how far is the Sea World bus stop from Aquatica? Thanks!

Is there any type of transportation that doesn't require a carseat for a 14 month old? I am wondering if I can store my carseat somewhere at SW for the day at the park. Not sure how we're getting there yet though... We'llhave 6 people in our party.

Thanks everyone. We are going with the taxi-van option. I convinced my hubby to splurge for the taxi as it means we can grab a few extra shut-eyes. He thinks we are going to take the bus home. I will let him continue thinking that. I just know that after a long hot august day we will end up taking a taxi back.

Just a little bit extra info, the Lynx bus now also picks up at DTD and a few stops along the way so it is a little easier depending on your resort, rather than the trek to the transportation centre.

How early is the Disney bus going to start running to DTD though? I was going to take the bus to MK and then monorail over to the TTC because we want to get to Sea World pretty early.

I, too, want to get to SeaWorld early....we got there a bit after it opened last year and ended up being "behind" on the show schedule all day. I keep going back and forth between the shuttle and bus...I'll probably get down there and just take a cab! :rotfl2: The bus makes me nervous...between all the time it takes to catch it, then worrying about getting on the right one (I've never taken a bus anywhere before!). I'm not sure about the shuttle because I worry about calling for it to pick us up (we won't have our cell phone on vacation...are their pay phones outside the SeaWorld entrance?).

This is seriously stressing me out!! :scared1:

I, too, want to get to SeaWorld early....we got there a bit after it opened last year and ended up being "behind" on the show schedule all day. I keep going back and forth between the shuttle and bus...I'll probably get down there and just take a cab! :rotfl2: The bus makes me nervous...between all the time it takes to catch it, then worrying about getting on the right one (I've never taken a bus anywhere before!). I'm not sure about the shuttle because I worry about calling for it to pick us up (we won't have our cell phone on vacation...are their pay phones outside the SeaWorld entrance?).

This is seriously stressing me out!! :scared1:

Public transportation buses aren't bad. From the looks of the schedule there is only one that goes to the TTC. So if you take your resort bus early to MK hop on the monorail, get off at the TTC, ask a cast member where the stop is and get on.

If you still decide to use the shuttle or a cab I'm sure Sea World Guest Services would help you with a phone.

Good luck!!

We have used the Tiffany Town Car service they pick up and drop off at your resort. It worked really well. We will be using them again in October.

Just clarifying my earlier post, it's $16 per person round trip, for myself and my niece it cost $32 round trip.

Informative thread, i was just thinking how i was going to get to Seaworld next September from whatever onsite hotel i chose.
$16 for a round trip per person is a rather reasonable.
Is there a time Mears start picking up people, am wanting to go Seaworld early for the Elmo breakfast?

I have taken both the mears shuttle and the lynx bus to sw from disneys transportation center, the shuttle was $14 per person but that was 4 years ago, I think it's now $16, we are taking the bus again next month, it is $1.75 one way so $3.50 per person r/t and they run like every 20 minutes late into the night, doesn't take long and it's very convenient where as we had to be right on time for the mears shuttle :goodvibes :goodvibes

I have taken both the mears shuttle and the lynx bus to sw from disneys transportation center, the shuttle was $14 per person but that was 4 years ago, I think it's now $16, we are taking the bus again next month, it is $1.75 one way so $3.50 per person r/t and they run like every 20 minutes late into the night, doesn't take long and it's very convenient where as we had to be right on time for the mears shuttle :goodvibes :goodvibes

I'm excited to hear that you liked the bus. That's how we are going this year.

I was planning on picking it up at the TTC. Do you know where it picks up there and drops off at Sea World? And is where it drops off at Sea World the same place you get it to go back? We are going back to the TTC because we are going to Narcoosee's for dinner and just want to take the monorail over to Grand Floridian.

Thanks!

I am glad we are driving down so we can drive ourselves to sea world. I soon have to find a sea world board so I can learn more about it. We are using the military free admission.

We are also going to Seaworld in June. After reading this thread and others, I am glad I decided to rent a car. We have a total of six in our party, so I am going to put two of them on ME so our luggage will be transferred. There are four of us going to Seaworld, which would be $64 if we did Mears. I have rented a car through National Emerald Isle (free from Mousesavers) and have found some very good codes and coupons on the Transportation Forum. The total rental for car is $92. We plan to use the car a couple of more times throughout the week, so it is worth the extra $30 or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter