• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting from Disney's Beach Resort to MK

Tequilamamacita

Mouseketeer
We arrive at Orlando airport at 1;20- including check in at hotel and then getting to MK how long do you think it will take?
We want to be as fast as possible because we are only in the park that afternoon and evening?

What are your suggestions?

Too many variables to guess, will your plane be late, will the bus be delayed, will there be an accident on the road, how many resorts will they stop at before yours, will there be a line at checkin? However, once you are checked in, I'd head to the bus stop and factor in at least 1/2 from there, that allows for wait time for your bus traffic etc. There could or could not be a long bag check line but I'm guessing around 3:30 or 4 there won't be.

I'm assuming you mean Beach Club. I suggest adding 1.5-2 hours onto 1:20pm at the least for the time you'll be free to head to MK. Sometimes the express can take awhile, it did for our last trip. If you don't want to take the time to wait for a bus to MK, hoof it on foot through Epcot to the monorail and do the switch to get to MK. Thats my suggestion, but I don't care much for the bus system, even the express was frustrating to me. Next time we are taking a taxi from the airport. IMO you'd get to MK by 4.

Yes you can take the epcot monorail because you do not have to enter epcot. You have to go around to the front of the park though.

There is no bus from BC to the front of EP. The only way to take the monorail from BC is by using park hoppers and walk through EP or take a car to the EP FW entrance and take the monorail. Both astronomical wastes of time OP.

OP, consider using online check in. You can the do DME straight to BC, drop off any carry ons at Bell Services and get on the bus to MK. I think you could get to MK by 4 if all goes smoothly.

You will likely be at MK at about 4:30. Assuming you are taking Magical Express, from the time you get off the plane to the time you walk into the resort is typically about an hour and a half. We have had it take 2 hours before. Then by the time you check in and walk to your room to drop off carry ons, go get a bus and get to MK and get in, it is usually about 3 hours from when your plane landed. If you have hoppers, you could take the monorail, but that would likely take longer because you would have to walk all the way through EPCOT, then make the monorail switch at the TTC. We typically find ourselves inside a park 3 hours after landing if we are taking transport to get there (sooner if we just go to EPCOT from BC/YC)

Bump what does online check in mean? Do I still need to go to the resort to activate my tcket?

On My Disney Experience, there is a place to do on line check in if you have everything linked up. That is basically telling them your preferences. Some people get a text or phone call soon after they land or are on the bus telling them their room number, in that case you can go directly to your room, your magic band should work on the door. If you don't get that text before you arrive, just store you bags with bell services and go on over to the park. If you bought your tickets through Disney, they will already be linked to your magic bands in MDE so no, you do not need to stop by the resort to activate them, they are already activated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter