Getting from MK to Epcot

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
We are driving over for the day and since we usually stay onsite and use the buses, I'm not sure how my transportation should line up.

If we are starting the day at MK, do we park at the Transportation Center and take a monorail to the MK, or park directly at MK? We can take a monorail from MK to Epcot still, right? But then when we leave Epcot, whats the best way to get back to our car? (We won't be staying until close, at least I don't think so).

Thanks!

Yes, if you're parking at MK, you'd park at the TTC and take either the monorail or ferry into MK. To get to Epcot, you take the monorail/ferry from MK back to the TTC, then hop on the Epcot monorail.

I ride the Epcot monorail for fun...yes, I'm weird.

We are driving over for the day and since we usually stay onsite and use the buses, I'm not sure how my transportation should line up.

If we are starting the day at MK, do we park at the Transportation Center and take a monorail to the MK, or park directly at MK? We can take a monorail from MK to Epcot still, right? But then when we leave Epcot, whats the best way to get back to our car? (We won't be staying until close, at least I don't think so).

Thanks!
The only MK parking lot is the Ticket and Transportation Center so you would park there. However if you are ending the day at Epcot it may be best to park there first and take the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom. You can do which ever way feels best for you and take the monorail to get between the two parks.

Thanks!

What they said. :)

Yes, you will park at Ticket and Transportation. From there you can take the monorail or ferry boat over to the Magic Kingdom. (Either is a good option!) Once you leave MK you can take either one of those back to TTC to swap over to the Epcot Monorail. You would obviously take it back to TTC to get in your car.

Alternatively, depending on when you are arriving and what time you need/want to be in MK you could theoretically park in the Epcot parking lot and take the monorail (or bus if you wish) to MK. That way you would have your car close by at the end of the day....

Parking for MK is the TTC.

You can take the monorail to Epcot ,and then back to the TTC.

:drive:

Just drive to MK (TTC parking) in the morning.
Then, drive to Epcot when you’re ready for Epcot.
Drive home from Epcot.

So much less hassle.

Would this be faster? MK opens at 9am and I was hoping to be there by 8am.

Wow, you're going super early. Not 100% sure if the Epcot monorail runs then, you'd have to check. It's probably 6 of one, half dozen of the other. If you are starting in MK and ending in Epcot, you could park in Epcot if you want. That'll make the end of the night "easier" as you'll be in the park where your car is. But you'd just have to budget the extra time to get from Epcot parking lot to the TTC, then the ferry/monorail to MK and be there by 8am. So really, which way do you want to spend the extra time?

Thanks everyone! And I would NOT have to pay a second time to park in Epcot?

Nope. Once you pay to park at one theme park for the day, you can park at any of the others on that day without paying again.

Yes, if you're parking at MK, you'd park at the TTC and take either the monorail or ferry into MK. To get to Epcot, you take the monorail/ferry from MK back to the TTC, then hop on the Epcot monorail.

I ride the Epcot monorail for fun...yes, I'm weird.
But they are saying I should drive and PARK at Epcot to save time, which makes sense. I was just wondering about the cost.

We like to park wherever we will be last. So we just get in the car and go. After a long day of multiple parks, waiting in line and riding the monorail to get to your car is exhausting. So If we are closing out Epcot, we park there, take the monorail to MK for a few hours and then back to Epcot. At the end of the day we just get in the car and go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter