Getting from One Resort to Another

snooty3

Mouseketeer
We have three nights at Poly then four at BCV. Any suggestions on how we can move our luggage and food stuff to BCV? Does DVC have any services or do we need to take a cab? Thanks!

We have three nights at Poly then four at BCV. Any suggestions on how we can move our luggage and food stuff to BCV? Does DVC have any services or do we need to take a cab? Thanks!
You can have bell services take everything to your next resort. Keep in mind you may not get it delivered hours later

We moved from BWV to AKV in March using Uber. It went perfectly!

I have used Disney's service in the past and that also worked well. We just wanted everything there earlier this time.

We plan our food so not much needs to move. Use a black marker on your food bags, your name and keep cold. They deliver around 3:00 at the next resort. We use Disney transportation, Poly to DHS, boat to BCV unless you want park time on move day.

:earsboy: Bill

On move day:
Call Bell Services and have them come pick-up your luggage and refrigerated items. Be sure to inform them that you have items to keep cold.
Tell them where you are transferring too.
Check-in to your new resort.
Go do whatever you want that day.
After getting your room text and you are back in it (items are not at your new resort until 2 - 4 PM), call Bell Services to have the items delivered to your room.
NOTE: You must be in the room for the pick-up and delivery. Tips expected.
If you want to go straight to the parks and not go to the resort first to check-in and not get the text, yes you can do that.

Our last two trips we have been very fortunate to get room ready texts before leaving our last room. We simply hopped in a uber and moved our luggage to our new room before heading to the parks. The uber was under $12 both times.

One thing I always plan for for split stays is keeping a small backpack available just for swimming gear. That way we can still swim if we haven't gotten our room yet. I plan to carry that small bag around all day while the other luggage sits with bell services.

You have a couple options:

Uber if you are planning on spending the day at the resort, but seeing that you will not have a room until the afternoon it is often best to just plan for a park day.

If planning a park day, call bell services the evening before and arrange a time for luggage pickup. It is very easy with using bell services. They will pick up all your luggage and eventually deliver it to your new resort. You then head off to the park and return to your new resort. Luggage should be there and bell services will deliver it to you when you check in.

What about just taking your bags down to bell services the day your making the move and heading off to the parks would that work. Have our first split stay coming up in a few weeks and trying to see how this works.

What about just taking your bags down to bell services the day your making the move and heading off to the parks would that work. Have our first split stay coming up in a few weeks and trying to see how this works.

That is what we do for split stays, other than having Bell Service come up to the room to get the bags in most cases. Works great IMO with no interruption to the day - we just get on a different resort bus heading "home" than when we went to the park in the morning.

Thanks disers these are all great suggestions!!! I've been a DVC member since 2002 and this is the first time I've ever had to have a split reservation. You are all the best!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter