Getting from Pop to AKL for Boma Breakfast

adear11

DisDad #800
On our upcoming trip we are doing our first couple of days at Pop and then moving to BC. On our first full Pop day, we have breakfast reservation at 10:00 at Boma. This reservation will be just me and my son and daughter (12 and 14). My wife is joining us a couple of days after we arrive because she will have been on a separate trip and will be flying into Orlando a couple of days after we arrive.

Any way, the three of us will need to get from Pop to AKL. Now, I will have a car, but I'd prefer not to drive. For one we want a "fun", more Disney, way of getting around, but also I may want to have an adult drink with breakfast and don't want to deal with having to drive.

So, for getting to breakfast my thought was to take the Skyliner from POP to Hollywood Studios and then grab a bus to AKL. My question is how much travel time should I allow? My thought was to try to be on the Skyliner by around 9:00 or 9:15. Should I plan on more than 45 minutes to an hour for getting around? I'm okay with getting to AKL a bit early, but I also would prefer not to leave super early. After breakfast, we don't have any time constraints so we have ample time to get back to Pop.

I can also look at getting at an Uber, or Minnie Van, for getting to AKL, but, like I said, we would prefer a more "in the bubble" way of getting around and getting an Uber doesn't really fit that for me. Are there other options for getting to AKL that I'm not thinking of?

You can take the bus to AK and then get AKL bus. It goes to Kidani then Jambo where Boma is. The Skyliner way you have to take it to CBR then HS then wait for AKL bus. That would be a good way to get back to Pop. HS bus then Skyliner. AK to AKL is a short bus ride.

I would give it 90 minutes to an hour. You can check in 20 minutes early. Jambo House is beautiful resort with the animals outside. It’s easy to kill time there if you have too.

I agree with both bus to AK then to AKL as well as allowing 90 minutes. Getting to AKL early is not at all a bad thing - just walk straight through the lobby to the animal viewing area, if you’re 30 minutes or more early. If you’re 15 minutes early I’d check in at Boma and view animals after breakfast.
we want a "fun", more Disney, way of getting around,
Well, a regular Uber wouldn’t be, but what’s more fun and more Disney than a Minnie Van?!

Well, a regular Uber wouldn’t be, but what’s more fun and more Disney than a Minnie Van?!
I looked at the price of a Minnie Van when I was going from GF to Hoop De Doo and it was pouring rain. It was like $40 vs $10 for Uber. I opted for the Uber and took the internal bus through FW.

I agree. We have used a MV a few times, and they definitely felt like they were part of the bubble, a very decadent part. Ours had Disney music playing, better music than a bus. They are a great option for a party of three. I sat by the driver and the other two members of our party sat in the back seat. Since the OP really only needs special transportation one way, I think it would be the perfect splurge.

Thanks everyone for all the input. After reading everyone's thoughts, I think I'll look at getting a Minnie Van for the trip over.

In going with a MV, how much time do you think I should allow for it to arrive and get to AKL from Pop? Should we still plan on leaving Pop, or at least booking the MV, around 9am?

Thanks everyone for all the input. After reading everyone's thoughts, I think I'll look at getting a Minnie Van for the trip over.

In going with a MV, how much time do you think I should allow for it to arrive and get to AKL from Pop? Should we still plan on leaving Pop, or at least booking the MV, around 9am?
I think that's a good plan, especially given that AKL has plenty to do if you're early for your ADR!

(The drive from Pop to AKL is probably 10-15 minutes, but I'm not sure of availability of a MV around park opening time, so planning to summon one around 9 for a 10 AM ADR is a good idea.)

Thanks for this thread! We are staying at Pop and have Boma dinner. AK park will be closed, though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter