Getting from Wilderness Lodge to International Gateway

kercon

Earning My Ears
I’m heading to WDW with my husband and one-year-old in early March and am looking for a (somewhat) simple way to get from Wilderness Lodge to International Gateway in order to rope drop Remy’s during early entry at Epcot. My first thought was to reserve an Uber carseat, but I was blown away by the price ($48 for a 10-minute ride).

Would it be insane or genius to take an early bus from Wilderness Lodge to Hollywood Studios and just take the walking path to International Gateway? Are there other options that make more sense? Should I just eat the $48? Thanks in advance!

I’d take the bus to DHS and walk - BTW it’s about a mile. You could also ride the Friendship boat (with stops at Swan/Dolphin/Reserve, Yacht & Beach, and BW before IG) or the Skyliner (DHS to CBR, then transfer to the Epcot line), but both of those will take longer.

You can certainly opt to take a bus to HS and then walk, but then again you have back ups with buses and no idea how long it will actually take to get there. When you think about how much you are paying for your trip divided by number of hours you are on property, yes IMO just pay for the car and enjoy your trip!

Have fun!

I’m heading to WDW with my husband and one-year-old in early March and am looking for a (somewhat) simple way to get from Wilderness Lodge to International Gateway in order to rope drop Remy’s during early entry at Epcot. My first thought was to reserve an Uber carseat, but I was blown away by the price ($48 for a 10-minute ride).

Would it be insane or genius to take an early bus from Wilderness Lodge to Hollywood Studios and just take the walking path to International Gateway? Are there other options that make more sense? Should I just eat the $48? Thanks in advance!
Actually, I think taking the bus to HS is a great way to go. Just make sure you are up early to get the first bus.
Once at HS you could walk to EPCOT - IG, there might be boats running back over to the hotels. Or even take the Skyliner from HS to CBR - simply transfer to the EPCOT line. Walking vs. Skyliner is probably about the same amount of time.

Studios to Skyliner or walking trail is the best way to get there just with Disney transportation. You definitely need to be on the first bus in the morning to make ropedrop.

Traveling to DHS and walking, boating or skyliner are all options (assuming you can get to HS early enough). The downside with the skyliner is you'll have to wait in line with everyone from AOA, Pop, and CBR headed to Epcot when you transfer at CBR.

If you do Uber, your only option is to ride to S&D or DHS, you cannot Uber to YC, BC or BWI or the Skyliner resorts without an ADR.

Would it be insane or genius to take an early bus from Wilderness Lodge to Hollywood Studios and just take the walking path to International Gateway?

Sounds genius to me. The walking path is very serene and with a nice amt of fellow pedestrians and runners. We walked there from BWI most every time we went to HS.

I was wondering if that could be an option but wasn’t sure how early resort buses start running from MK 🤔
There will be buses coming from all the resorts, and at least one of them will need to be going to BW to pick up more guests who want to go to MK. After you get off the boat at MK, you can walk over to the bus station and ask the CM where to catch the BW bus.

However, to me that means you'll have to wait for the boat to MK and then probably wait for the bus to BW, and there's no predicting how long those two waits will be. Taking bus from WL to DHS means only one uncertain length of time waiting to board the bus - once you get off at DHS you're in control of how fast you move.

I would take the skyline it is very close after existing the bus. Mostly walking that far with a 1 YO in a stroller… to BW is fine but there is a hill going to Epcot then downhill then a steep hill to the bridge to France. For the record I walk and walked a lot more those days as we took/take trains to work walk to train walk to office easily 3 miles plus other walking…. The hills were no fun pushing a stroller with a back pack for baby stuff. Did it one trip Bus/boat/monorail and now skyline was rest time from the parks alone. Preferred the bus for the 15 Minute break.

@Anthony1971 Isn't it funny how memories differ? I recall the hill bridge between France and the UK but it just never struck me as onerously steep.

I would check the Lyft App to price how much a Minnie Van would be. We used it last in January 2023 to go from the Contemporary to the Beach Club and it was around $32 I believe. Not inexpensive but less than $48. You can usually check the rate through the Lyft App when you are in Disney.

Many creative options to get around WDW from experienced disboard members! And some I hadn't even thought of...wow!

Maybe I see things a bit differently in my older age LOL, but first thing in the morning, anticipating a fun, busy and exciting day not worrying about getting there in time is my goal. I want a few moments of calm to collect my thoughts sitting in the back of that car...stepping out sweat free. Now, let the chaos begin!

Whatever you choose have a great day! :tink:

Would it be insane or genius to take an early bus from Wilderness Lodge to Hollywood Studios and just take the walking path to International Gateway?
I think the best way to get to the International Gateway from the Wilderness Lodge is to take the HS bus and walk to the IG. The Skyliner is a bad idea because it is actually two lines which get very long when you have to transfer from the HS line to the Epcot line. There are huge lines due to guests from CBR, POP an AoA waiting to go to Epcot, too.

The Friendship boat is an option if you can get a boat right away. Then the boat will take about 30 minutes to get to Epcot. The walk will be approximately 30 minutes and would be the fastest way to get there, just take the walkway past the BWI rather than YC. It is a few steps shorter. :)

There will be buses coming from all the resorts, and at least one of them will need to be going to BW to pick up more guests who want to go to MK. After you get off the boat at MK, you can walk over to the bus station and ask the CM where to catch the BW bus.

However, to me that means you'll have to wait for the boat to MK and then probably wait for the bus to BW, and there's no predicting how long those two waits will be. Taking bus from WL to DHS means only one uncertain length of time waiting to board the bus - once you get off at DHS you're in control of how fast you move.

I would check the Lyft App to price how much a Minnie Van would be. We used it last in January 2023 to go from the Contemporary to the Beach Club and it was around $32 I believe. Not inexpensive but less than $48. You can usually check the rate through the Lyft App when you are in Disney.
Whoa! I never even considered that…I thought a Minnie Van would be way more than $48 but just checked and saw they’re currently running for $40 so they could be even less if we leave super early…definitely a great option!

Can I just say, I freaking love this community?! So many awesome ideas!!

Many creative options to get around WDW from experienced disboard members! And some I hadn't even thought of...wow!

Maybe I see things a bit differently in my older age LOL, but first thing in the morning, anticipating a fun, busy and exciting day not worrying about getting there in time is my goal. I want a few moments of calm to collect my thoughts sitting in the back of that car...stepping out sweat free. Now, let the chaos begin!

Whatever you choose have a great day! :tink:
Seriously! Everyone is so creative and knowledgeable! I’m loving all of these ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter