• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting harder to make ressies!!!!

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
At exactly 11 months out I made ressies for a 1 bedroom at BWV. At 10 1/2 months I tried to make a ressie for the same time period for a 2 bedroom also. Guess what?! All gone! Studios were gone also! The reservation is for May and not duing a holiday! I sure am glad that we bought where we like to stay since it is getting harder to reserve!

Wow....we want to get a 2BR next June at BWV....did you call day by day to get your 1BR....I was just planning to wait until 11 months before the last day and try to make ressies all at once, but maybe I shouldn't do that. What has everone else's experiences been? I didn't think I'd need to call day by day unless I was trying to book during a holiday! :eek:

Were both standard and preferred views gone?

Standard view is only 20% of the rooms, so I would call day by day if that's what you want. I called right at 9:00am 11 months out from the last day for our first week of December ressie, 1 bedroom standard view and got it. Others posted that they called later that same day and were not able to get some nights with standard view.

It's true that getting reservations on the first shot may be more difficult. It seems as if more and more people are making at least a "safety" reservation at 11 months out. It stands to reason that at 10 1/2 months there won't be much movement from these plans. At 7 months out (when folks start to switch) things usually open up again and they'll stay pretty fluid as people change their minds one or two more times. This is the beauty of the wait list.

I agree that planning can make your own life easier. If you are pretty sure you want a reservation at a certain time I'd go ahead and call the first day and ask how availability looks. You can then decide whether day-by-day calling is necessary or not. Better safe than sorry.

I called at the end of the week, not day by day. And, yes, standard & preferred were gone! Good luck everyone!

I had no problem getting a studio at BW at 7 months out for July. This is not my home resort. I also booked a 2 bdr at OKW for July also. When I had to change ressie last month (needed both 1bdr now) I could pick anywhere but BW but this was only at 5 weeks out. I would try again at 7 months.

I did the day-by-day thing just to be safe...... I have WLV in May for 10 days......first 5 studio.....2nd 5 1BR.....I also am going for a quick trip 11/29-12/3 and staying at the Poly.....I was surprised I was able to get it this past Wednesday, as the 6-month mark was about 3 and a half weeks ago!

I booked a 1 bdr standard at 11 mos for BWV. Changed it last Friday to a 2bdr std. This was for February, not President's week, the week after.

I just called yesterday for a standard studio for next May and had no problem at all. So there are some openings. We only needed two days as we are doing the 4 day Wonder before that but I was glad we were able to book a standard view studio and save those few points.

I think that there are a LOT of factors that account for the success (or not success) of securing the room. The room type, how many days you need it for, the dates of travel--they all affect whether or not you get what you want! I think that is why you see many people who get their rooms and then those who don't!! And I also agree with PamOKW--as time moves on, people start changing plans and some rooms free up. I always find that the waitlist works!! At least DVC offers us that option. Just my 2 cents. :D

We just made a reservation for the end of Sept. for a 1 BdRm without any problem. It all depends on the time of year, but in the past we have had to use the waitlist and it did work for us. I agree with the other posters that time does free up as other members change plans and if you have patience you will get the dates that you are looking for.
Good luck and enjoy your trip "Home"
:bounce:

These things scare me when I read them!!!! So far, we have had no trouble making reservations. We go at slower times of the year usually(January and October/November) but you also said the time you were trying for wasn't a busy time either!!!!! We did luck out last month with a studio at OKW. We wanted 2 nights...June 3 & 4...called about 3 weeks prior to going and got it!!!!!!! It was a lovely room too, at the end of the building with a nice secluded little deck...we really enjoyed it!!!

I called today at BWV for a 2br sv for May 12 to the 18 had no problem. Yipee!! Mickey here we come!!
:earseek::bounce:

We also just called this week for a one bedroom in May and we had no problem. The person I spoke with at member services went as far as to say there was still a good amount of availability for that time period. I've been very fortunate in that I've never had a problem getting reservations for the dates that I needed. This past April, we had to make a last minute change in dates for our trip and I was able to get what I needed. Keep trying. Your dates may very well open up. Also, try waitlisting. Many people have been successful with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter