Getting into Poly for breakfast without a reservation?

Peter Johnson

Mouseketeer
We've had breakfast at Kona Cafe many times, but we've always had a reservation. This time I waited too long, and couldn't get a reservation. If we drive up to the Poly, and tell the guard we want to go to Kona but don't have a reservation, will he/she let us in? We're staying at BWV, so we're onsite guests with MagicBands, if that will help.

Thanks!

We've had breakfast at Kona Cafe many times, but we've always had a reservation. This time I waited too long, and couldn't get a reservation. If we drive up to the Poly, and tell the guard we want to go to Kona but don't have a reservation, will he/she let us in? We're staying at BWV, so we're onsite guests with MagicBands, if that will help.

Thanks!

It is very unlikely that they will let you in to park without an ADR. So unlikely that I wouldn’t spend the time trying. Also getting a table via walk-up may be iffy as well.

An alternative would be to park at the MK/TTC and walk to Poly - it’s not all that close but not too far either. Or rideshare/taxi, if an option for you.

Depending on the time we’re talking about here, taking the bus from BWI to MK and then making your way over to Poly could be an option.

FYI, Kona offers a “To Go” option in the app. If I didn’t have an ADR, I’d be planning to use the To Go option and grab a table somewhere around Poly - like outside of Captain Cooks or the Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace. The chairs on the beach are also a nice place to sit in the morning, although no tables there - but would be passable as a spot to eat in a pinch.

I’ve had To Go breakfast there several times since reopening and I personally think it’s very good. At some restaurants To Go is a little lacking in quality/how well it keeps in containers, but Kona seems to do it relatively well.

Hope that helps!

If I use the to go option, will the guard let me in?

I would not count on it. A friend of mine had even clicked "I'm here, prepare my order" and was not allowed in.

I would not count on it. A friend of mine had even clicked "I'm here, prepare my order" and was not allowed in.

It may a Poly/GF/Contemp thing(which is entirely understandable) but we were allowed into several deluxes back in December with just a QS preorder. Thats how we resort hopped to view the decorations.

It may a Poly/GF/Contemp thing(which is entirely understandable) but we were allowed into several deluxes back in December with just a QS preorder. Thats how we resort hopped to view the decorations.

Some people do seem to have been able to get in, but others - like my friend - have been turned away even when they've clicked they were there and hence been charged for the meal. It's best not to count on resort hopping using your car. Going be Disney transportation is not an issue - or has not been, though Contemporary seems to be completely limiting the mobile order/to-go order from the Wave to those staying IN the Contemporary/BLT. Which thwarted my plans to walk over and get a to-go order from The Wave to take back to my room at the Poly via the monorail to the TTC (or to the Poly if the station there is open at the same time as the resort rooms), so I get the being bummed.

Some people do seem to have been able to get in, but others - like my friend - have been turned away even when they've clicked they were there and hence been charged for the meal. It's best not to count on resort hopping using your car. Going be Disney transportation is not an issue - or has not been, though Contemporary seems to be completely limiting the mobile order/to-go order from the Wave to those staying IN the Contemporary/BLT. Which thwarted my plans to walk over and get a to-go order from The Wave to take back to my room at the Poly via the monorail to the TTC (or to the Poly if the station there is open at the same time as the resort rooms), so I get the being bummed.

Disney Food Blog said today in their news updates v-log, that their people are having hit and miss results with it as well. So best not to book any plans around it. Disney seems to be clamping down on what was a loop hole of sorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter