Getting My husband involved with trip planning...

It took my husband a trip or two to finally get any kind of excitement. This last trip in Dec he was more up for planning. It was his 3rd visit just as a couple. Next time we go we will have our kids. And I know he will be more into planning since this last trip he saw it as more of a child thinking what will our son want to see and do.

My husband is more excited now that thee is so much Mabel and Star Wars suff. U getting his input on planning is like pulling tee

Tell him you will plan every think out and will just say I'll put it all on Credit Card. :) Danny

My husband has never been before, so when I brought up the idea of us taking our first trip together there, he was not so excited. He keeps saying, "Disney is for little kids. What are we supposed to do there?" Like I said, since he has never been, I told him that once he goes for the first time, he will see why I'm in love with it. I finally got him to cave so we are going in December this year for our 5 year anniversary. /QUOTE]

this sounds just like me and my now husband! We planned a trip back in Oct 2014 together and he had never been... i had been a dozen times.. so i knew i was going to be doing the majority of the planning.. but i tried by best to get his input on fast passes and such... i would explain the ride as best i could and he would decide if we should do i.. i didn't mind what we did because I've done almost everything. This trip was for him to understand it! ... In the end i tired him out the week we were there and he took control of where we would go towards the end of the trip! my favorite part of the trip was seeing his face react to all the experiences and such just like a lil kid.:cool1:

we are now planning our 1st anniversary trip for this Oct. When we first started my DH said to me that he wanted to surprise me and try to plan the whole thing but realized he doesn't know where to start so i will be helping but he gets to decide most of it! :cool2:

OH i also made him a countdown to color in for our trip to start to get the kid out of him before we left! :D He made the pattern!

i hope this helps!

I'm in the same boat! I'm trying to plan my Disneymoon with my DF; who is not really a Disney fan (and neither of us much cares for Star Wars... crazy, I know!) He has only been to WDW once before and it was as a child in the early 90s. I really hope that this trip can convince him how great Disney is, but I'll be happy if he just agrees to go back again someday.

It was actually his idea to go to WDW for our honeymoon, but I know that it was just because he knows how much I love it and he wants to make me happy. But I want him to be happy too! I am really struggling to plan a trip that he will enjoy, when he won't give me any input. I tried to get him to help me choose our ADRs, but that didn't really work out too well. I showed him the websites where you can see all the menus and reviews and left him to look it over. Almost every place that he picked was either a QS location or when he did stumble upon a TS, it was somewhere I had been before and didn't really want to go back to. :furious: Ultimately, both of us got frustrated and discouraged. I also learned to narrow down the choices before asking his opinion. He's much better with choosing between limited options. :love:

We were actually talking about this yesterday and he said that he would like to help more in the planning, so we will see how that goes! I really like ToddyLu's idea of putting the guide book in the bathroom. I will have to try that!

Thanks everyone for the advice and good luck in your planning; at least we have each other! :flower1:

I just joined this forum yesterday to learn more about renting DVC points and decided to poke around and this thread is something I can relate to!

We are doing 3 days at Universal Orlando and 6 days at WDW from 11/25-12/4. It is technically our honeymoon, though we will have been married 4 years this September. It's late because we bought a house with land and have been establishing our little farm ever since.

It will be my husband's first time at both places, and I've been to both as a child (I'm 31 now). I am definitely the planner and he does not enjoy it. He also made it clear he doesn't want an intense itinerary for the trip, which I agreed. So I plan to have which park each day planned, with FPs. We'll also have at least a few ADRs for dinner shows that I think we will enjoy. But I'm not going to overdo it because I know it will lessen his enjoyment to have everything scheduled. My husband has also said to me that I need a Disney intervention haha.

I love the ideas to help get a significant other interested before the trip. He did get excited watching some YouTube videos pf rides. But I felt that watching all the ride videos was basically a spoiler. He didn't enjoy resort videos as much, so I've accepted that I have to make those decisions, with his taste in mind.

The only complaint he has filed with me was avout the cost! I'm planning a "deluxe vacation", but trying to save where I can. But ai also want to splurge a little. We haven't had a vacation or trip anywhere for 5 years! So we are renting DVC points to stay in a BCV or BWV studio for 3 nights and then moving to a 1-bedroom villa over at AKL to end the trip on a high note.

I wish I had some advice for you, but instead I'm reading and taking the advice myself (thanks!).

My long term boyfriend was pretty hesitant the first time I convinced him to go to WDW. He agreed because he knew it would make me happy. He's had a great time each trip! (four trips now) He's still doesn't want to go as often as me - so I go solo in-between couple or family trips. He still doesn't want to get involved in much of the pre-planning - but he has learned a few things and provided some input on the third and fourth trips. As long as he is supportive of the trip "in general" - that's all you really need - especially with someone who hasn't been there. He's willing to try it for you. That's cool.

Also - I found after just two days there on the first trip - he got it alot more and had more interest in tweaking plans after that.

Now the other side:worried: During one of our early trips about 10 years ago, DW and I went for a 5 day trip with 4 other couples. First I am a big Disney fan but I am not addicted to the Disney kool-aid i.e. I do not think every person is going to love or even like WDW or that Disney can do no wrong:eek: Well, only 2 (myself being one) of the husbands were actually looking forward to going and the other 3 were not. By the 3rd day and after a few uncomfortable times (bickering) and after one time where I told them they were acting like brats (we're still good friends) that to make the rest of the trip better for everyone, they ended up just going golfing the other days while the rest of us continued having doing the parks. I understood their side but I did not agree with how they handled it by pouting and effecting everyone else. They only wanted to hit the main rides and did not want to see any shows or do any "kiddie" rides and their DW did. So I am just saying that don't build it up so big that if he just thinks WDW is just okay or worse that you will be very disappointed.

I had a similar experience for my last trip with my bf. He wasnt interested in helping to plan, though through talking him through restaurants I found a few table service places i thought he might enjoy and luckily for the most part, i was right. However what i found most difficult was that he would want to make plans on the day and they would always not work with the actual plans. It was quite frustrating.

We're going back next may and he'll assist a little more in the planning process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter