• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting reservation alerts. I’m not fast enough!

How do you set it up to get alerts? Is this thru Disney or a different site?
Not through Disney.

Google “Disney dining reservation finder”. A bunch of websites will come up. Sign up for email and/or text alerts for the times/places you are interested in.

So many people have set alerts that you need to jump as soon as you get the alert and have a very fast internet connection… someone will get it but it may not be you. Just have to keep trying.

I got an email at 1am but didn't see it until this morning at 7 and by that time long gone. I liked getting the email though, so I knew it really was searching for me!

This is interesting. Is there one company that’s better then the others?

This is interesting. Is there one company that’s better then the others?
Not that I have noticed. I think all the different reservation finders just randomly check for availability throughout the day. I've used a few and they are hit or miss. The way I look at it is that if it's free it can't hurt to try them.

I've had my best luck just randomly checking the Disney app for availability a few times a day. In my experience, by the time I get a text or email from the reservation finders the reservation time is no longer available. this is especially true for the very high demand restaurants like space 220

Just missed another one 😭. Space 220

Honestly I recommend everyone to do the lounge stand-by line vs fighting for the ADR. The full menu is available to you including the fact that you can add or reduce what you buy and not stuck to the prix fix menu of the ADR.

Just don't make the mistake we made by going on Space Mission: Orange right after a few drinks and a full stomach...

Just missed another one 😭. Space 220
So sorry :sad1:

I got CRT through a ressie finder but my Space 220 I hit myself with random searching… so I definitely recommend that in addition to signing up for alerts. Like you, I just couldn’t get in fast enough when I got the alert, even if it was 1 minute!

Hang in and keep at it!

I've had trouble being fast enough too! Although I was able to get Ohana this week, I missed out on both CRT and BOG even though I clicked the link immediately. So bummed! Fingers crossed our luck changes soon! :)

Honestly I recommend everyone to do the lounge stand-by line vs fighting for the ADR. The full menu is available to you including the fact that you can add or reduce what you buy and not stuck to the prix fix menu of the ADR.

Just don't make the mistake we made by going on Space Mission: Orange right after a few drinks and a full stomach...
I’m thinking the lounge may have to be our option. Don’t worry we do not do mission space 😂.

I just found Ohana by searching on the app, so people do make changes a few days before. I also booked a steakhouse 71 dinner yesterday which I gave up today for Ohana for 11/1 (so it’s possible).

I saw walk ups available for Ohana upto 6 pm yesterday with a 3 min wait. I think reservations are being limited so Genie can grab dining the day of.

Yes, text and email. Even if you try to book the minute the alert hits, someone may beat you to it… lots of folks using alerts means lots of competition!

I got everything but Toppalino's and Oga's. Oga's keeps hitting my alerts and cannot get to it fast enough. The others I have gotten went well obviously. Just keep trying. You got this!

I have had luck in the past, but earlier today the strangest thing happened - I was literally in the process of checking and refreshing for the ADR I am trying to get, and while doing so, I got 2 separate text notifications within minutes of each other for two different open reservation times - none of them ever showed up while I was checking. I know there is potentially some delay when the various sites search and send notifications, so between this and multiple people also signed up for the same alerts and others just randomly checking, there are a lot of reasons why you may not get the ADR no matter how fast you are.

Garden Grill alert just came through at 330 am and I got it. I have alerts set through Touring Plans and Mousewatch. Mousewatch came through.

Posting ways around our filters is not allowed. If a site name becomes *** it is because it is blocked by the DisBoards administration. Any and all attempts to boycott filters will be removed. Thank you al, for understanding.

I just got an email at 3:15pm that there was a Topolino's for 1 person. I didn't see it until 4, but there's nothing there now. Not quick enough!

Try first thing in the mornings, like 5:45am. That's usually when the system is updated. My 60 day mark was Sunday morning. I started at 5:45am, and I got everything I wanted for Christmas week. 7 Reservations by 6:00am! My only one left is a Processional package, which will be released tomorrow morning.

Also, just keep trying multiple times per day. That's what I've done in the past, including one other Christmas week trip where I got my final few reservations the week before!

Good luck!!!!
May I ask if you used the app on your phone or the website on your computer? I’m wondering which strategy is best. My reservation day is Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter