• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting rid of musty smells???

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Not quite sure if this is the right board to post on, moderators please feel free to move if not in the right place.

I am trying desperately to get rid of a musty odor in my brand new double stroller in time to take to Disney. I am looking for some help if any has had this problem and what solutions have worked for you. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you.

just a suggestion... put it out in the sun for a few days. then when you bring it in, spray it with febreeze. that should get rid of the smell. and the sun will kill anything that might still be in there.

I would reverse the order and Fabreeze the stroller 1st then set in the sun to dry!!

I have tried the Fabreeze thing and it does not work. Unfortunately, here in PA we don't have sun. We have rainy overcast days. I have now moved on to saturate the whole stroller with lysol to see if that works. If I could get a sunny day I would place it outside, my luck if I put it outside it will rain on it and make it more musty.

Bleach is the best way to get rid of mold, so I would make a weak bleach solution and spray it on. The sun would definitely help if you could find a good sunny day. Maybe a hair drier would be a good substitute? :confused:

what color is the stroller? try washing it down with a water solution wiht a cup of baking soda in it. you wil have to rinse thoroughly. another thing to try is to put baking soda all over it and let sit for 48 hrs then brush off or vacuum off.

and we do get sun in pa just not a lot!LOL!

Have you tried OXY-Clean

WE USED IT ON A OLD CARPET AND IT GOT RID OF THE SMELL AND MADE IT BEIGE AGAIN INSTEAD OF DINGY BROWN...

Hope this helps. :)

IT is a navy blue double stoller, side by side. I tried the baking soda and that did not work. I have just tried using a whole entire can of lysol, I am assuming I need to kill the mold or mildew if it is growing. That seemed to definately reduce the smell. Now if I could just get a sunny day to air it out.

Thanks again for the tips!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter