Getting The Date You Want?

mushumadness

<font color=ff6633>Shopaholic<br><font color=cc339
Hiya

I was wondering how hard it actually is to get the wedding date you want at Disney?

We are wanting January 28th 2008 at the wp, we have spoken to our co ordinator who has already taken the dates from us.

How likely is it that we wont get those dates? I am asking because we really need to get flights booked asap from over here for a decent deal.

Is there anything that makes it easier to get your dates?

i had the same drama and unfortunatly i gave them 6 options and none were able to be filled i actually had to move to a sunday to even get the month that i wanted. I would say be open minded and be ready for them to say you have to pick another date. I am having a custom wedding and i know that they cant book it untill 1 year out. so keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I think it is likely that you will get the date you want. I had a friend get married at WDW last January and it didn't seem like a busy time there. I think there was only one or two other weddings going on that day! Thats the end of January so its away from the marathon weekend so I think you should be fine! Is that still value season? If so, your guests will love that!!

Would it be possible to ask your Wedding coordinator about what the chances of going into a lottery are? Just for some ease of mind!!

I agree with DisneyBride . . . it's more than likely you'll get the date you want in January 2008 simply because it's during their slow wedding season.

I managed to book my wedding (which is this February) only a few months ago, and I did get my first location and time preferences. So that's something to keep in mind, you can always switch wedding locales or times if for some crazy reason every bride wants to book the same date as you in 2008!

If I were you, I'd go ahead and make travel arrangements. I think you'll be a-okay. :goodvibes

I am having an intimate, and we had to wait til 8 months out. I called exactly then, and got my date, but many of the times were taken. I was only given 10a and 5p, so i went with 5p. But I don't believe January is usually terribly busy, and that's one of the reasons we chose January for our wedding. Good luck to you!

i am gald all of you did not have a hard time. my planner had told me that it is common not to get your date. She said sept, oct is the most busy. Also we havea convention that took alot of dates. i hope she gets her date. i am gald you all had no problem

when is the best time to get married? we were looking at sept /oct but now its the busy time we ar afraid we wont get our date and time any suggestions

if i was you i would do early september or pick a weekday or a sunday. saturdays are very busy. They said that is there convention month and also just a nice month. If you must absolutly have the "date" i would try september but if you are more flexible go or it and remeber somone has to win the pool. If you did not know that is what they do. If there is more then one couple that wants that date and time and place they go into a pool. and they draw randomly. If you want the pavilion and any ballroom it is the most difficult. I wanted both (i am having a custom) and i would not budge so i got a sunday. but, i know no matter when it is it will be magical. just remeber that the waiting for the date confirmation is the most stressful i feel since i have gotten past that it is alot more fun.

well the co ordinator says no one else has rung about that date, and its a monday

well the co ordinator says no one else has rung about that date, and its a monday

Well, thats is a great sign!! Sending lots of pixie dust that no one else wants it! Plus there are several time slots so if it continues the way its going, you will have your pick of the whole day!!

We just booked the wp at 8 mths out (exact to the day) and it was wide open for August 21, 2007.

omg now I am scared to book my date for Nov 8 2008. They told me I would have to call in October to book the date. Does anyone know if Nov. is crazy for them..

We are getting married on Nov. 9th 2007 and we had no problem getting the date we wanted!! I don't know for sure if they are busy but it would be my guess that October would be a busier time for them rahter than november...just a guess though!

Just keep in constant contact with Disney Weddings. I had a problem because I chose one of the most popular dates of this year. They were very accomodating in getting me the closest time I wanted for my wedding, but it just didn't work for me. Don't make any ressies until you have confirmed with Disney.

DisneyFairy19 -- I agree...just keep in contact with ur wedding planner. Make sure to call as soon as possible to reserve the date. We had a couple dates in October in mind but weren't able to get them....finally we settled on a date in November...11/06/07. i think if you call at the beggining of october you will be fine :)

what are the busy dates in october? We are looking at a thursday in 2008 october

im not exactly sure what the busy days in october are. we were originally looking at a monday. we also tried tuesdays, fridays, and sundays. nothing seemed to work out for all of our locations. i don't think we considered a thursday b/c it would have been too much time off for some of our guests. i think you should be ok as long as you call as soon as it is possible for you to reserve in advance. (1 year?)

yes i'm already buggin them hoping they will let me request it already!! some tell me 18 months out others say 1 year!! we are planning a trip over to wdw around the date of the wedding this year so i'm hoping we can book it all while we are out there

We are getting married in May on a Sunday at the WP and had no problem getting the time and day. I have to admit I was a little psycho about it though. They told me that they can take requests the first day of the month one year in advance. So first thing in the morning on May 1st I was on the phone. They cant actually tell you if you got it until the first business day after the date you want. My advice is to keep calling to find out if you got the date. Thats what I did! Best of luck to you. :cutie:

Cat

Hey all,
I have a email from the people at Disney. They consider October, November, May, and June their Premium Season. They require a higher minimum on custom weddings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday ($20,000-$25,000). The low season is January, February, August, and September. The minimum is slightly lower on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the low season ($15,000). The remaining months are their regular season.

I have a question for those who have there dates. Has anyone had a date and time tenatively held and then lost that date or time? I am just wondering because I have my date tenatively held for December 4th, 2007. They say that it will not be defiinetly held until the letter of agreement is signed. They will not send my letter of agreement until 8 months out. I am just nervous now that I have told everyone that I have this date held, that disney will tell me they couldn't actually give me that date.:scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter