Getting to AKL NYE day by car. What time?

Crazy4mandms

Addicted to WDW and proud of it!
I'm staying offsite the week of new year's but decided to stay at AKL for NYE to avoid what I've read about traffic. What time is the absolute latest I should head to AKL from offsite? I'm coming from the west (near 27). I'm figuring pretty early! From there what time should we grab the bus to Epcot?
My plan right now is leave for AKL around 8AM and then grab the bus to Epcot around 10.

Just be ready for a lot of traffic on that bus ride from AKL to EP.... like, a TON.

Part of me would consider taking a bus from AKL to AK then getting on any Epcot area resort bus and walking over to the Int’l Gateway. I have not personally done that on NYE, but to me anything is better than sitting in the big time traffic I saw heading to the Epcot main entrance last year!

8 it is! I like the idea of using IG. Maybe grab breakfast in the boardwalk area. Thanks!

Wait What? 4 hours to get from AKL to EPCOT via Disney bus? No exaggeration? Wow, that is worse than I thought! If driving, would it be better to drive to HS and park there and then walk to EP or take the boat? Based on above comment from GA Disney Dad, I am thinking that is a less traffic route?

Wait What? 4 hours to get from AKL to EPCOT via Disney bus? No exaggeration? Wow, that is worse than I thought! If driving, would it be better to drive to HS and park there and then walk to EP or take the boat? Based on above comment from GA Disney Dad, I am thinking that is a less traffic route?
No. They asked when they should leave their off-site resort to go to AKL.

Plan is to leave condo at 8 for AKL. Browse the resort a bit then going to take the advice of grabbing an HS bus, stroll over and catch breakfast on the boardwalk and make the rounds to see Resort Xmas decorations then grab the boat through IG. Figure we will be in Epcot just as WS starts to wake up. I can deal with people crowds much better than sitting in traffic and dealing with road-raged drivers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter