• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting to Artist Point from AKL

Djm_in_buffalo

Earning My Ears
We currently have a 4:20pm “dinner” reservation at Artist Point. Me, the Mrs., and our 3.5 year old daughter. (Will try to change it to a later time, not presently available, but for now, figured it’s best to have an early reservation v. not having a reservation at all.)

We will be doing this meal on a planned non-park day, so leaving from resort, AKL.

I know that we can do a Minnie Van, and likely will on the way back. We won’t have a car, and won’t be bringing a car seat, so I don’t see standard Uber/Lyft as viable.

If I read correctly before posting, there are park-provided transportation options. So, bus from AKL to Disney Springs, then DS to Wilderness Lodge - yes?

That seems doable but not enjoyable. If possible, I think it would be fun to take a bus to MK and then the boat to WL (red flag?). But can we take that boat without having already been in MK that day, or is the MK launch somewhere in MK where a park ticket is required?

If we can do the boat- how far of a walk is it once at WL?

Ballpark, whether doing bus from AKL to DS and another from DS to WL, or bus from AKL to MK and then boat to WL… about how long should we budget for time? 90 minutes seems safe (I hope) but is it an excessively long amount of time to budget for that?

Any insight you can offer is appreciated. I think the bus to then a boat would be fun for the kiddo but maybe it’s just unnecessarily complex?

Thank you - have never been to Artist Point. Or WL. Or the boat from MK to resorts… so I’m a bit ignorant on it.

Honestly I would take an Uber/Lyft and play around with Disney transportation at another time when there is no timeframe.

Another option is to take a bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Animal Kingdom park, then a bus from AK to Wilderness Lodge.

If you allow 90 minutes, you could hop on whatever bus from AKL (Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs) arrives first, then take a bus to Wilderness Lodge. Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom would be the most efficient.

The routes described above will all work, and I agree with allowing 90 minutes at least since you don’t know how long you’ll have to wait at each point. The actual bus/boat rides aren’t long (10-20 minutes) but when you’ll be on board is unpredictable. If you get there early, it can be fun to explore the lobby at WL.

The most fun, especially in the afternoon, will be bus to MK, boat to WL.

I agree with PPs that the most fun route would be bus to MK and then boat to WL. From the boat dock, it's about a 3-5 minute walk to the main lobby of WL. You don't mention when you are going - if it's cold out, you may want to forego the boat and, as PPs suggested, simply jump on the first park bus that arrives at AKL and then transfer to the WL bus from there.

Would agree the best options would be:
bus to AK, then bus to Wilderness.
Bus to MK, then bus or boat to Wilderness. Personally, we enjoy the boat ride.

Another option is to take a bus from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Animal Kingdom park, then a bus from AK to Wilderness Lodge.

If you allow 90 minutes, you could hop on whatever bus from AKL (Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs) arrives first, then take a bus to Wilderness Lodge. Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom would be the most efficient.
I think the quickest way is the first one listed above, bus to AK and bus to WL from there. Good luck!

My kids are older now and still talk about how much fun they had At that restaurant , they got to make butter and the food was presented so whimsical they still remember the meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter