• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting to MK for 7:45 tour

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
We have a 8am tour at the MAgic Kingdom on Friday, Dec 14 and need to be checked in at the Town Square by 7:45. This is also a morning extra hours day so Park will be open by 8. We are staying at all Star Music. If we take the bus at 7 am will that be enough time assuming there might be crowds at this time with early park opening? We do have a rental car, so should we drive and then take monorail? Or maybe Uber - does it take us any closer than the parking lot and we still have to monorail, or could we get the Uber to drop us at Contemporary and walk over? I'm just paranoid about missing our start time in light of the early park opening. Thoughts on best option? Thanks

We have a 8am tour at the MAgic Kingdom on Friday, Dec 14 and need to be checked in at the Town Square by 7:45. This is also a morning extra hours day so Park will be open by 8. We are staying at all Star Music. If we take the bus at 7 am will that be enough time assuming there might be crowds at this time with early park opening? We do have a rental car, so should we drive and then take monorail? Or maybe Uber - does it take us any closer than the parking lot and we still have to monorail, or could we get the Uber to drop us at Contemporary and walk over? I'm just paranoid about missing our start time in light of the early park opening. Thoughts on best option? Thanks
You’ll be fine busing over or driving.

There’s an entrance touchpoint to the far left for tour guests and ADR guests to enter. Plus, you’ll have to wait around for latecomers to arrive and choose their lunch options.

The tour doesn’t leave on time (8:00a) so you shouldn’t be stressed about it. The guide will wait for all guests.

We had an early ADR and didn't want to wait on buses. Uber dropped us off near the guard shack for the entrance to BLT. It's probably less than a 10 minute walk and the bag check security line was empty.

Buses start at about 6:30am. You'd be fine taking the bus, or Uber if you'd feel better about it

It's been a few years since we did the tour but I remember being told they allowed parking at the Contemporary for those early tours which we did(although it wasn't an EMH day so it was not as closer to regular opening time). If that were permitted - that would be the easiest option. But perhaps someone else knows whether they still allow that. You're not at peak time yet so their lot should have plenty of space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter