Getting to our resort

Jekyllcat

Earning My Ears
I booked our package months ago, but couldn't arrange for Magical Express at the time because we didn't have flights nailed down. Now that I do have flights organized, is there somewhere online where I can fill out a form to book Magical Express?

When I do a search on the WDW site, I end up with a "page not found" message, but I'd rather avoid the international long distance changes involved with calling, if possible.

I booked our package months ago, but couldn't arrange for Magical Express at the time because we didn't have flights nailed down. Now that I do have flights organized, is there somewhere online where I can fill out a form to book Magical Express?

When I do a search on the WDW site, I end up with a "page not found" message, but I'd rather avoid the international long distance changes involved with calling, if possible.
I would recommend calling Disney reservations even though its international. They will ask for your confirmation and flight information to get you set up. It has not failed us in the past!
FWIW - Once the reservation is booked, I have not been able to modify online, only through the reservation desk, but I will defer to the DisBoard experts

For future reference, you can book ME without flight info.
You can do it using the Change Reservation feature on MDE, if you have that (ie, booked yourself with Disney). It won't require you to make any other changes, just to add your ME info. It's a short and easy to fill out form
If you don't want to use the Change feature, or don't have it, there's an online form, much more detailed
https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

Both methods work equally

You can do it using the Change Reservation feature on MDE, if you have that (ie, booked yourself with Disney). It won't require you to make any other changes, just to add your ME info. It's a short and easy to fill out form
If you don't want to use the Change feature, or don't have it, there's an online form, much more detailed

Thank you!

Before I start filling out that online form, a quick follow-up. Do you know if I can arrange ME for a split stay via the form? (I keep forgetting while I wrap up all these details that we decided at the last minute to fly in a day early and stay one night elsewhere on property before starting the "real" part of the vacation.)

Thank you!

Before I start filling out that online form, a quick follow-up. Do you know if I can arrange ME for a split stay via the form? (I keep forgetting while I wrap up all these details that we decided at the last minute to fly in a day early and stay one night elsewhere on property before starting the "real" part of the vacation.)
Yes. You complete it twice. Once you'll enter the first confirmation number check just arrival and then second you'll enter your next confirmation number and check just departure. It will make sense as you go to enter the info

Call.
More than once the online option did not process for me even though it looked like it did.
Using that form I linked?
I despise calling any Disney number, their phone system is almost as bad as their IT dept. I don't call unless there's no other option so I always use it. In a dozen flights I've never had that form not work. You'll know if it works too, you'll get a confirmation email. I'd sure try before calling a number that costs money. Also, it won't really matter if it doesn't process for some odd reason. With a resort reservation, they will be allowed on to ME

Using that form I linked?
I despise calling any Disney number, their phone system is almost as bad as their IT dept. I don't call unless there's no other option so I always use it. In a dozen flights I've never had that form not work. You'll know if it works too, you'll get a confirmation email. I'd sure try before calling a number that costs money. Also, it won't really matter if it doesn't process for some odd reason. With a resort reservation, they will be allowed on to ME

Yes with that link. I used it a couple times with success but starting with my September 2017 trip it didn't work.
That time it looked like it worked but continued to take me to this strange page after leading me to believe there was something off.
I called and they said they did not see me.
I tried using it for my February 2018 trip as well and it did the same thing and it was not successfully booked.
For my September 2018 trip I called (although we didn't get the DME sheet on our door and had to go have it printed for us. Have no clue if that had anything to do with booking it unsuccesfully or them just "forgetting" about us lol. and while the way there doesn't matter the way back to the airport does. If you don't show that paper you don't get on.)
For my December 2018 trip I just opted to call because it was just as easy.
I don't really mind talking to CM's for the most part especially when its something routine.
I'm also always very surprised at how long some people say they were on hold.
Sometimes people say 2 hours. I've never waited more than 3 minutes for a CM to pick up.
So strange how we all have such varying experiences.

Another here who has never had any luck with making changes/additions online. I prefer to call directly to add my ME information and never once waited long to do so BUT I'm also one who doesn't care for online check-in - takes away from the "personal" interaction IMHO. I have done it, but prefer to check-in at a desk in person.

Another here who has never had any luck with making changes/additions online. I prefer to call directly to add my ME information and never once waited long to do so BUT I'm also one who doesn't care for online check-in - takes away from the "personal" interaction IMHO. I have done it, but prefer to check-in at a desk in person.
So many people make mention to this, you can still go to the desk even if you've checked-in online, if you wish.

Yes with that link. I used it a couple times with success but starting with my September 2017 trip it didn't work.
That time it looked like it worked but continued to take me to this strange page after leading me to believe there was something off.
I called and they said they did not see me.
I tried using it for my February 2018 trip as well and it did the same thing and it was not successfully booked.
For my September 2018 trip I called (although we didn't get the DME sheet on our door and had to go have it printed for us. Have no clue if that had anything to do with booking it unsuccesfully or them just "forgetting" about us lol. and while the way there doesn't matter the way back to the airport does. If you don't show that paper you don't get on.)
For my December 2018 trip I just opted to call because it was just as easy.
I don't really mind talking to CM's for the most part especially when its something routine.
I'm also always very surprised at how long some people say they were on hold.
Sometimes people say 2 hours. I've never waited more than 3 minutes for a CM to pick up.
So strange how we all have such varying experiences.
True, for return ME you will need the paper, but you can always do that once on property, or at least check on it. That would still avoid OP making (and paying for) an international phone call
They'll know if the original form works if they get a confirmation email (they'll get 2 actually)

So many people make mention to this, you can still go to the desk even if you've checked-in online, if you wish.

I know but last time we did online check-in and went to the desk, the whole process was very impersonal... maybe just an off-day but it just felt "different", almost robotic :confused3

Thank you all! I filled out the form twice, and received two confirmation emails. But I guess I'll know for sure one way or the other in mid-January when I either receive or do not receive the luggage tags. I'll do anything to avoid a phone call - I hate the fees, but I also just hate the phone - so this works for me. For now. :) One more item off the planning check list!

after sitting on hold for over 20 min, i saw this....all i can say is so glad i found the link! have only used this once before and it was for my son that came in later than us. not sure yet if we will have a car, but figured i can set it up and worst case-let them grab the luggage IF i decide to rent a car and pay the fees at the resort.

Would this work if you are flying in before your stay renting a car at the airport and then returning it to the airport the day of your reservation? I have friends that are doing that and would like to let them save the cab fare to Disney from the airport.

Would this work if you are flying in before your stay renting a car at the airport and then returning it to the airport the day of your reservation? I have friends that are doing that and would like to let them save the cab fare to Disney from the airport.
Yes. You can ride to Disney via ME on the day you check in. Disney doesn't care how you arrive at the airport. There's no rule that it must be via an aircraft. The only rule is you must have a Disney resort reservation and everyone with you must be listed on said reservation.

Yes. You can ride to Disney via ME on the day you check in. Disney doesn't care how you arrive at the airport. There's no rule that it must be via an aircraft. The only rule is you must have a Disney resort reservation and everyone with you must be listed on said reservation
Thank you! That really helps my friend who is arriving in Orlando a few days early and renting a car for 3 days first. I was trying to save him some money but couldn't figure out how to do it without flying in the day of his reservation.

I assume it would have been the same interaction if you hadn’t checked in online. A cm isn’t going to change personality depending on how someone checked in. :)

True BUT I found the CM's at the regular check-in line at CSR and the Beach Club, for that matter, to be much nicer and more personable than those who were working with the folks that had checked-in online (wasn't the same CM's in the same line) :).

True BUT I found the CM's at the regular check-in line at CSR and the Beach Club, for that matter, to be much nicer and more personable than those who were working with the folks that had checked-in online (wasn't the same CM's in the same line) :).
Pure coincidence. They don't restrict who gets helped in which line like that. Anytime I've gone down to check in they pull people from just whoever is next to whichever CM is open. So there's not a just online check-in CM or just not online check-in CM. If there is no one in one of the lines, the CM will help whoever is next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter