Getting to Simi Valley......help needed please!

Minnie Sue Oz

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I am hoping someone, somewhere out there can help a desperate Aussie with this situation.

My DD and I will be visiting the USA for 18 days next month coming over from Australia. Like loads of people around the DISboards, I am a Disney fanatic!!! So, when I found out about the Treasures of Walt Disney exhibition being held at the Ronald Reagan Museum and Library in Simi Valley, I knew I just had to go!

So, I went ahead and booked us on an Amtrak train departing Anaheim to arrive in Simi Valley where the exhibition is located. However, upon doing some extra research, I am not too sure now if I have done the right thing. The station is just that, a station, with nothing else except the platform. I am a little concerned about coming back from the exhibition and being there just the 2 of us in the dark. The other concern is getting 2 buses out to the museum itself and not getting there in time.

Hiring a car is out of the question as I do not drive. I have found a round trip to the museum on a bus that leaves from LA, but this leaves me with needing a way to get into LA by 9am from Anaheim. I have checked the Metrolink and it is doable, but again we would be coming home and having to get on the train in LA in the dark:confused3

If there are any soultions you can maybe suggest, or if there is an alternate way of getting there, PLEASE let me know!!!!

We still have 30 days before we leave and I can get a full refund on the tickets I bought with Amtrak.

I was nearly going to start a new thread to see if anyone else out there was interested in going and hire a bus for the day!!!!!

ANY help at all will be most appreciated!!!!:thumbsup2

This may be too late but I can assure you the Simi Valley train station is safe. I lived in the apartments next door for a year. It's at the east end of Simi and the Reagan library is at the west end, basically in Thousand Oaks, so it would be difficult if you don't have a car. I might have ride into the Moorpark station and took a cab to the library. Anyhow, it seems you already went. If not, let me know and I'd be happy to give you a ride if its within the next few weeks. I live nearby. Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter