Geyser Point Bar & Grill in Wilderness Lodge question

LSUmiss

DIS Veteran
Does this restaurant have indoor air-conditioned seating? Is it quick service? I can’t tell from the pics I’ve seen.

No indoor seating. It's covered, but outdoors.

Not quick (counter) service - you sit at a table and order from a waiter.

It's a lounge AND a quick service window. Seating for the lounge is secured via a podium worker who will direct you to the area reserved for the lounge. QS purchasers are directed to the cushioned benches that edge the right hand side of covered area and are part of the traffic pattern through the eatery. Kind of a strange setup but all get the great views of the water.

It's a lounge AND a quick service window. Seating for the lounge is secured via a podium worker who will direct you to the area reserved for the lounge. QS purchasers are directed to the cushioned benches that edge the right hand side of covered area and are part of the traffic pattern through the eatery. Kind of a strange setup but all get the great views of the water.
Fighting myself, but I had to say it.... GREAT location, but very confused as to it's mission...

It's a floor wax AND a desert topping :).
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/shimmer-floor-wax/n8625

In my interpretation it means he doesn't like the direction of restaurant operations at his DVC (?) home resort.
I like Geyser Point a lot yet can understand his frustration.
I also still LMAO @ vintage SNL.
Bingo. GP is really WAY too nice of a location for "just a pool bar". It could be so much more :(. But since opening? It's offers have been a little haphazard :(. Not the fault of the structure, location, or staff - MANAGEMENT remains confused as to what they want that lovely location to BE :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

We had an early lunch there last month and really enjoyed it. It had just opened and we chatted with our server, who was excellent. It helped that the weather was perfect. A bit pricey, but we enjoyed our entrees - mostly seafood - and adult beverages. Loved the Huckleberry Punch. We’re looking forward to a return visit.

They do have a great inside area, but you aren’t allowed to go in there even though they aren’t using it for anything else.

We had an early lunch there last month and really enjoyed it. It had just opened and we chatted with our server, who was excellent. It helped that the weather was perfect. A bit pricey, but we enjoyed our entrees - mostly seafood - and adult beverages. Loved the Huckleberry Punch. We’re looking forward to a return visit.
The lounge has become our go to when we visit MK and need a break from the park's noise level. Love the black cherry mule but will definitely take a look at the Huckleberry punch ingredients :). So far I've tried the brisket dip, shrimp on a wire, fried oysters, and bison burger. If you tell them you don't want the bun for the burger they give you extra sides. The waffle chips come out hot and ready to eat. Good locale and we return to MK refreshed.

The lounge has become our go to when we visit MK and need a break from the park's noise level. Love the black cherry mule but will definitely take a look at the Huckleberry punch ingredients :). So far I've tried the brisket dip, shrimp on a wire, fried oysters, and bison burger. If you tell them you don't want the bun for the burger they give you extra sides. The waffle chips come out hot and ready to eat. Good locale and we return to MK refreshed.

I tried the black cherry mule and that was good too! We had the shrimp on a wire and two of salmon entrees and dessert (unusual for us, but we were enjoying the atmosphere so much we wanted to linger). We will definitely return and maybe try it later in the day. It was a lovely and relaxing break.

Might be a dumb question, but I was hoping to get a burger from the QS menu and have a cocktail here. Can you just order the same stuff on either side? How would that work? Maybe it's not allowed 🤷‍♀️

Might be a dumb question, but I was hoping to get a burger from the QS menu and have a cocktail here. Can you just order the same stuff on either side? How would that work? Maybe it's not allowed 🤷‍♀️
You cannot use a QS dining plan in the service area.

I didn't want to use dining plan. Just wanted to try a cocktail and a burger rather than the more bar-based menu. There seems to be two separate menus. Sorry for the confusion.
I was hoping to do the same. I think initially it was allowed but they’ve since changed the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter