GF for $169/night

We had the same thing to figure out since DH had a conference at the YC in June and the room was $161/night plus tax. We decided to make it an extra trip for the year. We took advantage of staying at the YC for the first time in June and will be returning in 3 weeks to the BCVs. We are also going back in Jan since DH and DD are running the 1/2 marathon and marathon. Never can be too much Disney!!!

Will you ever get that great rate again at GF? or is that rate once in a lifetime? If you don't think you'll eve find $169 rate ever again, by all means.. Do GF!! I stayed at WL in December and it was one of the best stays I ever had! The whole resort is just breathtaking! This is such a difficult decision! Can you do a budget trip in September and still do December?

Tough decision! I'd have a hard time passing up the GF Sept rate, and the low crowds.

Dec. no doubt will be very pretty with all the decorations, and I've seen WL Christmas pics, looks beautiful, but parks will be crowded, with long lines.

So hard decision- GF and Low crowds vs Christmas and high crowds. Good luck deciding :goodvibes

Early December is low crowds too and they'll be filming the Christmas parade that first week, although it makes the MK a madhouse. I live in Central Florida and don't visit the resorts or parks in September. I really can't stand the heat and humidity. Would you regret missing out on WL in December or would it be something you could look forward to in 2013? I know if I couldn't choose both trips, I'd choose the WL.

Mickeygolf said:
If you've never experienced WDW during the holiday season then I would definitely keep the December trip. WL is a beautiful resort to begin with but when they add the Christmas decorations it is beyond stunning. Plus as PP have stated the weather in December is some of the best you'll experience. Keep the December trip and don't look back

Good luck!!!

OH YES!! Our December trip weather was just Lovely!! rolling my eyes!! So much so, that we were wearing our winter coats and gloves because it was in the low 40's!! December weather isn't guaranteed to be lovely and warm. Just a warning...Come prepared!!!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I would much rather do Christmas, if only because you have never done that before and you have stayed at the GF before. Plus you already have plans to pull yourself and your son out of school.

Perhaps I am missing something, but wouldn't your DH's company pay for his room, travel and food (per diem) there? So, then you are only paying for you and your DD. is the issue that you can't take DD out of school for two weeks? How about you split the difference... join DH for only part of the conference?

heartse said:
Perhaps I am missing something, but wouldn't your DH's company pay for his room, travel and food (per diem) there? So, then you are only paying for you and your DD. is the issue that you can't take DD out of school for two weeks? How about you split the difference... join DH for only part of the conference?

Not sure but if it is like my DH's company the pay only for the nights involved with work and we pay the rest. A week long vacation with a 2 day work obligation would cost us for the 5 days we're taking ourselves. But having his flight and covered alone would be a big help.

Not sure but if it is like my DH's company the pay only for the nights involved with work and we pay the rest. A week long vacation with a 2 day work obligation would cost us for the 5 days we're taking ourselves. But having his flight and covered alone would be a big help.

No, my company would only pay for the nights that I needed to be there for work too. But, I didn't see where it said that it was a two day conference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter